Forums are back in action! ×

MEN ONLY THREAD part two

HEyyyyyy! I know you.

Welcome back to the party, I was wondering when you would show up again. Now I want to go to Fire & Ice... think it might be time to start bugging the Boston nerds...

I miss you guys and fire and ice :(

(If this post seems brief or anything like that it's because I'm using my phone and don't want to type a lot :))

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

Wait, Fire & Ice is a specific Boston thing? I always assumed it was a chain restaurant (at least in New England). I've never been to one in Boston, but have been to one in Providence, RI with friends back in high school.

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

So, I've decided, and with some insistence from my girlfriend, to stop being friends with my ex.  Just flat out stop talking to her.

She mentally and emotionally abuses me.  She yells at me when it's not necessary, she always makes herself out to be the victim, when there either isn't a victim or it's really me, etc. etc.  I keep telling myself that she's not all bad, but to be honest i shouldn't have to put up with the crap that she doles out to me.  She doesn't' treat anyone else that way, just me.

So, yeah.  I'm depressed about it for some reason, but it's the right decision.

Sounds like the right decision man. You don't need that kind of influence in your life. Hang tough. The depression will pass.

Just a guy on a journey - Battle Log

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done - Bruce Lee

Be honest with yourself and ethically pursue your happiness - Laz

Next time I'm in Boston for work, which should start happening again in the next few months, we'll go. My milkshake tends to bring all the nerds to the yard.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Guest Snake McClain

So I'm realizing I sorta missed you.

As I remember, the only time we met in person was when I was still failing at 465 singles.

Must be the beard.

I don't think it is the beard. I think it is the serious amount of gainage that confused me. All that buffness.

Welcome back to the party, I was wondering when you would show up again.  Now I want to go to Fire & Ice... think it might be time to start bugging the Boston nerds...

Sadly I will not be in town. :( I don't live there any more.

So, I've decided, and with some insistence from my girlfriend, to stop being friends with my ex.  Just flat out stop talking to her.

She mentally and emotionally abuses me.  She yells at me when it's not necessary, she always makes herself out to be the victim, when there either isn't a victim or it's really me, etc. etc.  I keep telling myself that she's not all bad, but to be honest i shouldn't have to put up with the crap that she doles out to me.  She doesn't' treat anyone else that way, just me.

So, yeah.  I'm depressed about it for some reason, but it's the right decision.

It is the right decision. If i knew nothing else other than what you just told us. There is probably no reason for you to be friends with her anyway right? Do you have a kid together? Were you married and you're sorting out divorce hearings? Need her for an organ donation? If the answer is no to any or all of those questions then you should have no problem moving on. Tear off the band aid and get it over with. she obviously isn't bringing anything positive to you and it's just hurting your current relationship. It should be an easy decision. That said it is sometimes difficult to let go of past feelings. People make their places in us for a reason. but we have to grow and move on. 

Guest Snake McClain

i haven't used blades in some time. i got this electric beard trimmer that is adjustable like the clippers to shave a head with. and i love it. i can shave it to the length of stubble and look all clint east wood and stuff. however now i'm attempting (once again) to just grow it out and suffer through the itchiness of having a beard.

So a shaving update. I ordered some Feather brand razor blades and I gotta say they are awesome. My face is so very happy with them.

Still loving my safety razor as well! Haven't tried the Feather brand yet. I picked up these ( http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001QY8QXM ) as an add on when I ordered everything for less than $10....figured 100 razors would last me a good amount of time.

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

I like this whole shaving discussion. I use the Dollar Shave Club 4X (they're not good...they're f****ing great), and just picked up their Shave Butter. Really enjoying that stuff. I'm looking at trying out safety razors though.

.redline  |  Level 2 Warrior

STR 8  |  DEX 3  |  STA 3  |  CON 3  |  WIS 5  |  CHA 1

First Challenge  |  July 29

Second Challenge  |  February 24

Third Challenge  |   April 14

I like this whole shaving discussion. I use the Dollar Shave Club 4X (they're not good...they're f****ing great), and just picked up their Shave Butter. Really enjoying that stuff. I'm looking at trying out safety razors though.

shave butter? that sounds like my bald head would enjoy that.

Aspiring Ranger

{ STR: } { DEX: } { STA: } { CON: } { WIS: } { CHA: }

{ 1st Challenge } { Accountabilibudies: D&D }

Is there any advice for general de-hairing?  I'm almost 33, and it seems my body has finally decided that it's time to start growing hair f***ing EVERYWHERE.  Thanks, DNA. 

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

Is there any advice for general de-hairing?  I'm almost 33, and it seems my body has finally decided that it's time to start growing hair f***ing EVERYWHERE.  Thanks, DNA. 

Depends on where it is I guess. I don't have an abundance of hair by any stretch, but I do get my back waxed a couple times a year. I actually find it therapeutic :) It's been suggested to me to try laser next time, so I'm thinking about that.

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Depends on where it is I guess. I don't have an abundance of hair by any stretch, but I do get my back waxed a couple times a year. I actually find it therapeutic :) It's been suggested to me to try laser next time, so I'm thinking about that.

If anyone has experience of laser hair removal I'd be interested to hear what you think. I've been considering it for a while but I'm just not able to convince myself it's safe.

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Oh great, this still might happen?  I enjoy the zero back hair and minimal chest hair I have going on.  Just wish my would-be beard wasn't so patchy but I'll take that tradeoff.

The Tin Man: Cyborg Ranger

Tin Man's Out of Date Epic Quest

I am what I do.

Oh great, this still might happen?  I enjoy the zero back hair and minimal chest hair I have going on.  Just wish my would-be beard wasn't so patchy but I'll take that tradeoff.

I'm in the same boat.  My brother hit his early 30's and his beard exploded... unfortunately around late 30's his nose hair, ear hair, back hair, and ass awakened its inner Wookie.

So glad I don't have to clean those drains...

Level 1 Warforged: Neophyte of the Empty Hand

“The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.â€

It's manly, the ladies love it.

At least it worked for James Bond that is ;)

sean%20connery%20-%20043.jpg

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

So a shaving update. I ordered some Feather brand razor blades and I gotta say they are awesome. My face is so very happy with them. 

I bought some Feather blades about two years ago just to try them out and I haven't used another brand since. Though I did buy some Derby disposable blades as an experiment for the straight-razor I just bought.

"If you would improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus

"You just gotta listen to your body, unless it's saying anything about stopping, pain, your joints, or needing water."

Level 20 Pilgrim (Adventurer 7, Assassin 3, Druid 2, Monk 10, Ranger 5, Rebel 9, Scout 10, Warrior 4)