Forums are back in action! ×

MEN ONLY THREAD part two

She really needs to disappear completely; like if she belongs to a gym, she needs to start going to another location or join another one. Change her cell phone #, email, get rid of social media sites. And if he starts stalking her at her work/school she needs to file a police report. Stalkers are nothing to mess with.

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

Hi guys,

well I dodged the bullet

She called the cops on him herself, there was a fight and he smashed up a couple of things.

Never hit her, thankfully.

Anyway the cops came, charged him over the property damage, and now he's gone to work for 4 days.

So it's all on record now, if there's any further trouble he's on notice.

Turns out, it's her place - if anyone moves out it will be him.

I wasn't involved, and as far as I know he doesn't even know I was contacted.

That's good, as far as I'm concerned.

Corben, level 1 Hobbit scoutSTR 2|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2

See the issue isn't that he's on notice, it's that he is still there. If he is this unstable and reactive then it will only be a matter of time before he does something even worse. If she really wants him gone then she needs a restraining order or the like to get him away and have legal enforcement to keep him away. 

yes I agree, and I told her as much.

Ultimately, as I said to her, she is and adult and has to decide for herself and stand on her own two feet.

I told her I'd come and get her if comes to it, but by the sound of it she'll be kicking him out first.

Corben, level 1 Hobbit scoutSTR 2|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2

I say this like it's an easy thing; I was in a horrible horrible relationship for a while and bought all the b.s I'll change I'll change promises and I ended up staying around for way to long. Also I've been in your situation, and yea it never ends good. So unless you are going to let her have time for a coupe of rebounds you are probably will either end up as a rebound or in the friendzone.

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

I think this mostly has to do with helping a friend, so friendzone shouldn't be the biggest issue here. But do think about the BS that people spout. If there is no way that your interjection will help solve anything, if she just keeps him around and never does anything and won't listen to people. It may be best to just move on, I say this from person experience where the girl I was helping wasn't about romantic intentions, just helping a friend, and it got me stabbed because of it and still lost a friend overall. (took two times to learn that lesson, stupid bastards with knives) 

Just use your best judgement on the whole situation. If she isn't willing to let him go, even after calling the cops, there is a chance she won't ever leave him. And as horrible as it is to say this...you may just need to abandon the issue or even the friendship if necessary.

I'm quite irritated.

I'm travelling overseas at the moment with a colleague from another office in a different city. We're a small-medium sized company, I manage a technical team in the North of the country, another guy manages the South, this colleague is from the South, we've never met before this project. He is junior to me, relatively new to the role he is in and knows that I will be asked to report on his skills and behavior during the trip.

We agreed to have dinner together at 6.30pm tonight. I had wanted to travel to a crossfit box tonight after work so I could do my scheduled lifting (cleans and presses) with proper weights but I compromised and went to the crappy hotel gym instead and just did accessory work with dumbbells so I would be on time to meet him for dinner.

I'm in the lobby at 6.30 as agreed, he shows up at 6.40 and tells me he's decided not to go for dinner with me but to meet up with a friend who lives in this city for dinner instead. He doesn't invite me to go along but says 'sorry to break your heart' and laughs.

I'm pretty annoyed by this. I don't care that I'm eating dinner on my own but I am a bit pissed off that we made plans and he bailed at the last moment so I missed my full workout. I would of had a very different evening if I'd known earlier. Would you be annoyed or is this no big deal?

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

"Breaks business dinner for time with friend, not management material."  I would be annoyed at it and call him out on his professionalism.  How one treats his coworkers is a reflection of his work ethic.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Yea that would annoy me, and really how hard would it have been for him to meet up with his friend after a quick dinner with you, I mean I try to get business dinners over in under an hour if I can.

Exactly, neither of us would have wanted to hang out all evening together so it would of been dinner (at a swanky restaurant on my expense account) then do your own thing. In fact I'd already told him I planned to go to the cinema later in the evening (and invited him to be polite).

I've calmed down now but it did piss me off at the time. Oh well, cry a river, build a bridge and get over it as they say :)

I ended up in a really nice pub with 20 boutique beers on tap, very good tapas, decent music and football on the TV, that cheered me up  :positive: 

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

He is junior to me, relatively new to the role he is in and knows that I will be asked to report on his skills and behavior during the trip.

[...]

I'm pretty annoyed by this. I don't care that I'm eating dinner on my own but I am a bit pissed off that we made plans and he bailed at the last moment so I missed my full workout. I would of had a very different evening if I'd known earlier. Would you be annoyed or is this no big deal?

Skills clearly do not include communication or interpersonal skills (or timekeeping). Behaviour is selfish and careless. Keep a record of everything like this, including times, dates and details, and grin evilly as you hand in your report.

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

I'm quite irritated.

I'm travelling overseas at the moment with a colleague from another office in a different city. We're a small-medium sized company, I manage a technical team in the North of the country, another guy manages the South, this colleague is from the South, we've never met before this project. He is junior to me, relatively new to the role he is in and knows that I will be asked to report on his skills and behavior during the trip.

We agreed to have dinner together at 6.30pm tonight. I had wanted to travel to a crossfit box tonight after work so I could do my scheduled lifting (cleans and presses) with proper weights but I compromised and went to the crappy hotel gym instead and just did accessory work with dumbbells so I would be on time to meet him for dinner.

I'm in the lobby at 6.30 as agreed, he shows up at 6.40 and tells me he's decided not to go for dinner with me but to meet up with a friend who lives in this city for dinner instead. He doesn't invite me to go along but says 'sorry to break your heart' and laughs.

You don't just quit on people like that. If you've got an appointment you're to keep that appointment unless something very urgent comes up.

Quare? Quod vita mea non tua est.

You can call me Phi, Numbers, Sixteen or just plain 161803398874989.

"Breaks business dinner for time with friend, not management material."  I would be annoyed at it and call him out on his professionalism.  How one treats his coworkers is a reflection of his work ethic.  

My feelings exactly.  Even a text or email as soon as his plans changed would have been good.

I'm often irritated by this in reverse.  Go to a training or meeting and the boss/senior person makes a dinner reservation for us somewhere 'nice'.  Which is almost always overpriced, fancy food (which I don't like) and takes too long.  Messes up my eating and lifting.  My farm background leans more to feeding/eating than dining.

And I'm over watching other people get drunk.

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

In either case, I agree that if a man makes plans with you especially if he's your sup' then it's professional to keep him posted on whatever changes to the plan occur.

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Even though it's bad for me(us) I like the way candy corn makes me voice deeper after I eat it, like Barry White deep, it's fun to eat a handful and then talk to my wife on the phone

Go get you some Sulfur Hexaflouride, then call your wife...

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

haha that would be awesome, though I don't know how well that would taste....

If I can ever find any, I'll let you know... I fully plan on making this a party trick one day...

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

The tricky part is getting the stuff back out. It's heavier than regular air, so it tends to stay at the bottom of your lungs - and while it isn't poisonous in itself, having it fill up your lungs does mean diminished air capacity. Best method? Stand on your head.

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/