Forums are back in action! ×

MEN ONLY THREAD part two

My beard is going rrrrrrrrrrreal white.  Started when I was 28.  Thanks, Obama.

My wife found a single white hair in her bangs the other day, and she kept it for two days just so she could show me... before cutting it out.  

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

I have plenty of salt and pepper (or ash blonde as my boss calls it :P) down the sides, the ladies generally tell me they think it makes a man look distinguished. I don't think it does you any harm at work either, people treated me different once I had a wedding ring and some grey hair. I actually quite like having a few grey hairs, none anywhere other than my head, when that starts happening it might be a bit weird.

My friend who is 4 years older and doesn't dye his hair but doesn't have any grey hairs.............had a dribble of dye left at the top of his forehead in the pub the other day, busted! Much piss was extracted of course :lol: Nothing wrong with dying your hair but you may as well admit it if you're asked a direct question!

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

I'd let it go. I started greying at 19 and it's accelerated significantly in the last three years. I keep my hair short though so it's not particularly noticeable unless someone is up close or I don't get a hair-cut for a month. The general consensus from female acquaintances is that it adds a bit of gravitas which, like dominic above, benefits my work-place interactions.

"If you would improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus

"You just gotta listen to your body, unless it's saying anything about stopping, pain, your joints, or needing water."

Level 20 Pilgrim (Adventurer 7, Assassin 3, Druid 2, Monk 10, Ranger 5, Rebel 9, Scout 10, Warrior 4)

I'd let it go. I started greying at 19 and it's accelerate significantly in the last three years. I keep my hair short though so it's not particularly noticeable unless someone is up close or I don't get a hair-cut for a month. The general consensus from female acquaintances is that it adds a bit of gravitas which, like dominic above, benefits my work-place interactions.

Same here, really. I started going grey at about twenty, but it hasn't really changed much since then. I keep the hair pretty short anyway; not out of vanity but because I find long hair irritates me.

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

Hey everyone new guy....hi looking silly waving at group drooling on myself

Yeah i have one or two grays my sister and mom pull them and say whats up old man i am like whatever just means i am finally seasoning well.

“Happiness consists in getting enough sleep. Just that, nothing more.†  Starship Troopers

“There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.†  Starship Troopers

“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms†  Starship Troopers

Follow and comment for my current challenge at this link:  

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/39940-toms-adventures-in-rangering

And this is my Battle Log

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/38791-early-morning-challange/page-2

I'm another that's been going grey since late teens.  It's never bothered me and I'm now totally grey at 35.  I imagine I'll be like my mother and be totally white at 45.  I've dyed it once, for shits and giggles - last Christmas, I thought it'd be funny to turn up at the family gathering with dark dark dark brown hair. It amused me to see people staring at me and knowing they were trying to work out what was different, until it finally twigged for someone.  It looked silly dark for a week or so, then looked OKish when it faded down for a couple of weeks, then it was pretty much back to usual.  I wouldn't do it again, unless it's for jokes; but then I've been going grey for long enough to embrace it fully :)

I started going grey at 20, a few strands here or there.  I have a bunch more now (and when my aunt was cutting my hair she loved to point them out to me), but my hair is so thick that they tend to be hidden pretty well.  I have a friend crashing on my couch who's a year older than I am, and he was wondering how the hell he's heavily salted at this point while I'm "not."  Honestly, I'll take greying early on a thick head of hair over balding.

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

If I were able to grow out more than stubble, I would.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

I'm doing Movember for the first time. Growing what we call in Aus a "Chopper" named affectionately after a popular serial killer and his trademark mo.

I'm blond though, so it's taking a while for anyone to be able to notice!!

I'm growing it in support of my brother who has just been diagnosed with testicular cancer. So men, take a few moments to check yourselves. You are on this forum which is a damn good start, but dont take your health for granted!

As my slightly odd aunt (okay, she is an RN) would say, "Check your balls!"  in a very loud voice.  Classy lady.  But a good point.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge