Forums are back in action! ×

MEN ONLY THREAD part two

Made some good arguments Insanity.

Also I was thinkin the same thing Gainsdalf. "men only" huh.

I can't really complain, given that there's a few posts in the women's only forums that I've put there... :-)

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

I can't really complain, given that there's a few posts in the women's only forums that I've put there... :-)

I tend to avoid the womens only section because I think there are some things that members of a certain gender would rather only share with their own gender. And those areas should be a place where they are comfortable asking such questions.

But I can't really think of too many manly issues I have had with exercising that are gender specific. But I think that if someone did have one they should feel comfortable sharing it here. 

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

I tend to avoid the womens only section because I think there are some things that members of a certain gender would rather only share with their own gender. And those areas should be a place where they are comfortable asking such questions.

But I can't really think of too many manly issues I have had with exercising that are gender specific. But I think that if someone did have one they should feel comfortable sharing it here. 

My "I wanna help" gene takes over, especially when it's about boys and what we like or something like that, and I don't mind all the specific issues I might come across, I just skip over stuff I can't drop my 2 cents on. I also make a note to be respectful of the area, the "I wanna say something random" will get the playful, perverted me... but a thread about boobs in the women's forum get's the respectful me that just wants to help.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

This thread was created for exactly this.The original post for part 1 was for and erectile disfunction issue/opinions. It's just evolved/devolved into something else entirely.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

My "I wanna help" gene takes over, especially when it's about boys and what we like or something like that, and I don't mind all the specific issues I might come across, I just skip over stuff I can't drop my 2 cents on. I also make a note to be respectful of the area, the "I wanna say something random" will get the playful, perverted me... but a thread about boobs in the women's forum get's the respectful me that just wants to help.

There's a thread about what now?

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

There's a thread about what now?

It was specifically about trying to perk up saggy boobs, and I had read a study a guy did (Yeah, I want that job) on the benefits of going braless...

My first challenge

Speaking of things men do that don't involve other gender...

Is it okay to discuss adult circumcision then? 

That's exactly the sort of thing this thread is for.

500 / 330 / 625

we can discuss it....and I will cringe the entire time it is descussed. Not saying im against it, just the snip snip sounds like it hurts

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Nothing is ever easy." Zeddicus Zull Zorander

"Do or Do Not, There is no try" Yoda

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Bench: 195lbs

Squat: 245lbs

Deadlift: 295lbs

Total weight: 735lbs

Goal Weight 1000lbs

I think it will hurt too. Okay. This is weird and all, but most of you will know me as a minion anyways.

My... thing... hasn't been out of the wrapper. I am a virgin, so I had no idea that mine was out of ordinary until recently when I was having a discussion with someone and a check with a doctor. Turns out the thing isn't supposed to by shy like that. The doctor suggests he snips the foreskin off.

Anybody who have an experience with that-- how long until I can workout again? (and play with it again?)

I think it will hurt too. Okay. This is weird and all, but most of you will know me as a minion anyways.

My... thing... hasn't been out of the wrapper. I am a virgin, so I had no idea that mine was out of ordinary until recently when I was having a discussion with someone and a check with a doctor. Turns out the thing isn't supposed to by shy like that. The doctor suggests he snips the foreskin off.

Anybody who have an experience with that-- how long until I can workout again? (and play with it again?)

I got nothing for ya, been snipped since as far back as I can remember.

My first challenge

When I was a wee thing my wee thing got the snip snip so I got no clue. Good question for the doc though.

• Like 1

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Nothing is ever easy." Zeddicus Zull Zorander

"Do or Do Not, There is no try" Yoda

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Bench: 195lbs

Squat: 245lbs

Deadlift: 295lbs

Total weight: 735lbs

Goal Weight 1000lbs

I am cringing myself at the thought, but I just wanted to mention - circumcision seems to be the norm in America. Here in the UK, it's unusual (and usually done for religious reasons). I seriously cannot understand why anyone would want to do this.

When your doctor is suggesting cutting it off, is there a medical reason for this? Mine's always been pretty "shy" too, and it's never caused me any problems.

• Like 1

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

It's that my foreskin never opens to let the head my junk out all the way. It is painful if I try to pull the junk out even when placid, which is not normal. Since I haven't had sex, I don't know if this is true, but people say that it would be painful during sex if I don't remove my foreskin. 

But yes, every time I think of this, I cringe too. 

It's that my foreskin never opens to let the head my junk out all the way. It is painful if I try to pull the junk out even when placid, which is not normal. Since I haven't had sex, I don't know if this is true, but people say that it would be painful during sex if I don't remove my foreskin. 

But yes, every time I think of this, I cringe too. 

Our oldest son had this problem as well.  Got a lot of rather nasty infections.  He was circumcised when he was in his teens.  I remember that he spent the night in the hospital, so it's more than 'minor' but not 'major' surgery.  

The comment from the urologist that I remember was about him (the doc) getting calls from the ER because some elderly dude had been brought in (heart attack, etc), uncircumcised and it was such a mess that they couldn't put a catheter in so he would have to do an emergency circumcision.  Talk about a bad day (heart attack/stroke, ER and circumcised...)

Definitely talk to a dr.

• Like 1

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Yea I've only heard of it as a cleanliness issue. Ive been snipped since I was but a babe. I heard some wild rumors about botched circumcisions on babies going horribly wrong... I really think they are rumors though.

So I have never heard of any issues with it... sorry.

I do remember a movie where a guy had it done and it was apparently painful to urinate... Don't know if thats true or not. There has to be some reason why your doctor would suggest getting it, I would ask him about it.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Yes, spoiler tag for the squeemish

I was cut at the ripe old age of 24.  I start pissing at a 45 degree angle, went to the urologist and he suspected that the foreskin was too tight.  There was 2 procedures I had to go through:

1) Scope up the urethra to look for scar tissue.

2) Circumcision.

I went under general anesthesia.  Everyone is different, but it's usually out patient surgery.  I went under due to the scope but they might be able to do it with twilight sedation, either way you'll need a ride home.  One perk is that a nurse usually helps you change the bandage before you leave so you could technically count that as second base.

I had 8 stitches.  The first time you're off medication and you go to take leak I high suggest you sit, the inflammation causes it to be very painful, plus you're going to look down and see your poor, beat to shit penis with stitches.  It is NOT pleasant to look at, and it's going to bleed.. so you have to be prepared.   I had to wear tighty whiteys for a week, the rubbing against boxers was painful. I could walk normally after a week but I would not suggest any high impact, stressful exercises for a month.  Doc said 6 weeks to resume sex, I waited 8 to be on the safe side.  You can "help yourself" after 3 weeks, gently, but I did not want to take any accidental tear risks with my girlfriend at the time.

That was 15 years ago, and I have zero regrets. Honestly the whole anti-circumcision movement is frigging stupid. I have had sex with and without a foreskin and it's pretty f'ing awesome either way.  There is a myth it decreases sensitivity, to which I firmly call bullshit.  I don't advocate medical procedures if they're not necessary, but if you're having problems you should give it serious consideration.  It's not going to be fun, but quality of life afterwards will be better and if it's too tight now that's not going to resolve when you become sexually active, it's going to exacerbate the problem.

Let me know if you have any questions!

• Like 2

Robpocalypse, you are awesome! Thank you. I was kind of afraid that I will regret it because of the pain.

I am turning 26 in a few days, so yeah, going to be similar to your experience. It's not something I'm looking forward to. My guess is that I'll be snipped during the holiday season. 

I have/had a similar problem but yours sounds a tad more extreme. Flaccid i've never had a problem pulling it back but when erect it was too tight to get all the way back. Typically it was fine during sex but if the lady was either tight or not, erm, well enough warmed up then the act would pull the skin back and it was uncomfortable.

Over time, use and some regular work towards the goal it has loosened. Either that or my penis has shrunk (noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!). It now doesn't hurt if it gets pulled back while having sex.

Like i said though yours sounds worse if you struggle flaccid, unless you are a show-er not a grower! However my experience is the situation can be improved/corrected without surgery.

WARNING: TMI ALERT

You won't want to be running any races for a couple of weeks.  I switched to briefs from baggy boxers as I wanted everything firmly tucked up for a while afterwards.  I could imagine lifting with it strapped but nothing too high impact.  But given I had it done as an adult back when I was a chubster... exercise wasn't an issue.  Given I was walking like john wayne for the first week, I'd give it 2-3 weeks before attempting anything.

I am cringing myself at the thought, but I just wanted to mention - circumcision seems to be the norm in America. Here in the UK, it's unusual (and usually done for religious reasons). I seriously cannot understand why anyone would want to do this.

When your doctor is suggesting cutting it off, is there a medical reason for this? Mine's always been pretty "shy" too, and it's never caused me any problems.

Medical reasons.  My turtleneck got progressively tighter until it hurt getting it out.  Then it would get stuck in that position and the inside was very tender.  Like, unable to walk tender.

From observing my three year I would guess the problem stems from not playing with yourself enough as a wee laddie. He popped that thing out of there pretty early, looked painful.

That certainly wasn't the cause in my case :(

I do remember a movie where a guy had it done and it was apparently painful to urinate... Don't know if thats true or not. There has to be some reason why your doctor would suggest getting it, I would ask him about it.

rings a bell.  I can't imagine it's the sort of thing they do for a laugh.

I am turning 26 in a few days, so yeah, going to be similar to your experience. It's not something I'm looking forward to. My guess is that I'll be snipped during the holiday season. 

A year later you won't think anything of it.  You will, however, know exactly how many erections you get in your sleep when the first one pulls on the stitching and you wake up screaming.  Luckily that doesn't last long.  Just clamp down firmly and think deeply unsexy thoughts.

The first time I went for a pee, it came out at 90 degrees.  That  was a scary moment.  Didn't last though and that's because the surgeon made a couple of improvements while he was down there.

And if any of that made you cringe ...

I also came around after they'd given me the general anesthetic in pre-op just before they wheeled me in.  Turns out I have quite the tolerance for that stuff.  Luckily they gave me another 50% and that put me under.  Turns out when they ask you how much you drink and you divide the amount you drink twice a month by four to get a "weekly" that doesn't look too unhealthy, they may under-dose you...

• Like 3

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

I know how to get rid of that fear of pain, just injure you s2-s4 nerves and only those nerves you won't be able to feel your penis at all.....it's awesome no pain no pleasure, just a Buddhist like existence of being 

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

Our oldest son had this problem as well.  Got a lot of rather nasty infections.  He was circumcised when he was in his teens.  I remember that he spent the night in the hospital, so it's more than 'minor' but not 'major' surgery.  

This is pretty much along the lines of what I was thinking.  There has been a lot of research in the area of infections/disease and circumcisions, most of it supports the fact that circumcisions are healthier for society as a whole.  I don't want to kick off too intense a debate, but I am aware that many AIDs clinics in Africa have started to do circumcisions on men and boys of all ages to slow the spread of the disease.

I also can not speak about going through the process, because like many here I was a baby when mine was done.

Robpocalypse, you are awesome! Thank you. I was kind of afraid that I will regret it because of the pain.

Glad to help!

You won't feel anything during, afterwards will be sore but they will provide pain meds. First week or so won't be fun, but it's not debilitating. I suffered more when I got my wisdom teeth pulled.

You're young enough to heal and bounce back quickly.

• Like 1