Forums are back in action! ×

MEN ONLY THREAD part two

On the whole I don't mind being hairy but there are some areas I occasionally clear off with cream if I'm going to be in public, basically it's just my shoulders. Hairy chest I'm not so worried about, plenty of women like it, including my wife which is lucky :) She's horrified at the idea of losing it all but I'd like to get my shoulders done...if I knew it was safe.

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Ive had IPL, its relatively painless and very quick and easy. Its a little bit pricey and can take a while to work through really hairy areas. As far as i know its safe, i havent had any issues and neither have my friends who've had it done. If youre worried about losing all the hair you can just do a few sessions to thin it out.

It's the moose on the inside that counts.

Jason Stathom is a harry guy I wouldn't mind looking like.

I looked into laser hair removal awhile back. The reason (besides price) that I decided not to do it was that I learned that while it is technically permanent, it isn't really. Your body makes new hair follicles as you get older so you have to zap those too if you don't want them.

I personally shave my pits every 1-3 months because it mitigates the stink a bit. Is that a little metro of me?

To find piece with myself
I must first find a piece of myself

I personally shave my pits every 1-3 months because it mitigates the stink a bit. Is that a little metro of me?

Maybe but to me it makes sense. I do the same thing. Grooming and manscaping needs to be done every few weeks/months

I personally have always considered myself lucky.  I have thick, thick, thick, hair on my head.   Every time I try out a new barber, I get comments on just exactly how oh-my-god-you-have-thick-hair it is.   From the neck down, I'm probably one of the least hairy guys you'll ever met.   Even my beard isn't particularly thick, and I was 40 before I even felt like I had enough hair on my cheeks to try growing a full one in. 

As I'm getting older, I'm getting more hair (as my wife frequently likes to point out) but I was probably 30 before you could even find hair on my arms or my chest to speak of.  Even my legs aren't exactly hairy, which I've always found strange because my dad looks like he's wearing a bear skin bathrobe when he's in a pair of swim trunks.   I personally prefer the less hairy look, so I'm ok with my genetics.  

Anyway, I'll take it.   There's not a whole lot of grooming that I need to do, but damn... I do need powder.  I sweat like a hooker in church, even when I'm cold.  I go through cases (slight exaggeration) of gold bond or else suffer through terrible swamp ass. 

What do y'all do to stay dry?

• Like 2

Did I offer advice in my post?  Please keep the following in mind:

• I am not a doctor nor any other kind of medical professional.
  • I am not a lawyer.
  • I am not a mental health provider
  • I am not a nutritionist
  • Your mileage may vary
  • I don't do anything in moderation
  • I have lots of injuries & if you train like me, you probably will too.

I've never shaved my pits, i've never had a problem with smell (that i've noticed or that anyone has commented). Its not as if that hair keeps on growing and you end up with flowing locks coming hanging down your sides.

I'm hairy everywhere, but not like a wookie or anything. Just an average amount of hair all over really

The only "manscaping" (love that phrase by the way) i do is down below, you know, because it makes it look bigger :)

Talcum powder (is that the same as baby powder in the US?) is pretty good for delaying the moistness. Otherwise its just antiperspirant for me

• Like 2

Brother Ain't nothing wrong with hair.

Depends on the hair..if I looked like the picture you linked I'd be ok..but I personally grow some weird body hair on my upper arms/back.  Best way to describe it (not taking pictures) is it is VERY sparse, the hairs are very long and very thick.  It personally disgusts me..and I have no idea where I got it from because no one else in my family has this problem.  So for me, shaving them is required and I do my chest as well just to even things out.

As for the other posts, I've tried the shaved pits..may do it again, I've noticed the skin is much more sensitive there than I thought so it's not a comfortable experience to remove it.  I use a special shaver designed for this, it works both wet and dry (you can literally use it in the shower..it's that well built).

As for some of the posts about manscaping, dampness and friction, there is no replacement for Fresh Balls and Anti Monkey Butt. Not only are they fantastic conversation starters if you leave them out on your counter..but both work very well for keeping things fresh..and frictionless.  I'm pretty sure both of these products are the reason the Polish girls who clean my condo every few weeks don't really talk to me..well that or their English speaking sucks even more than I thought, lol

• Like 1

Whew..manscaping.

I'm extra hairy. Seriously, I go from cleanshaven to full beard in two weeks. I pretty much have to shave everywhere from the neck to slightly past my groin with the electric trimmers or it just gets out of control. call me weird, but I actually measured my long underarm hairs and it was three and a half inches.

the annoying part is that I have almost no hair on my back. Except for this annoying u-shape around my shoulder so it all comes out the neck of my shirt. I envy my wife sometimes who is pretty much hairless. even her feminine region just takes a little touch up once a week. I'm totally jelly

Level Zero Elven Assassin

Esto vir fortis!

I have decided to just give up and embrace the bear. I'm going full manimal.

And here's your theme tune from back in the day, you're welcome! :lol: Haven't heard this for years but you reminded me of it! 

• Like 1

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

So a young punk with a rainbow colored Mohawk and feathers hanging from his ear gets on a bus and is stared at by an old man, the punk says "WTF are you looking at old man" the old man replies "While in the Navy in I fucked a parrot, I was just checking to see if you were my son or not."

• Like 2

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

3cad128a118364a8a34278034db4f914.jpg

Daily piece if advice

Sent from my phone, through the banging of weights, to the chimp translators aboard the tardis powered by the dylithiam crystal flux capacitor.

• Like 1

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Nothing is ever easy." Zeddicus Zull Zorander

"Do or Do Not, There is no try" Yoda

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Bench: 195lbs

Squat: 245lbs

Deadlift: 295lbs

Total weight: 735lbs

Goal Weight 1000lbs

This might have been covered already so apologies if it has....

Has anyone tried Laser hair removal? I read the science on it a couple years ago and remember thinking there was still risk in it. Main thing I'd be worried about is it causing cancer or something due to cell damage being repaired weirdly or something like that. Like I say that's just my imagination so I'd be interested to hear from someone that's had it done.

Female intruder here. I had laser hair removal on my armpits and am about to do my lower legs. I have coarse dark hair in those areas. The laser works great. Several sessions required, and the darkest and thickest hair dies first. Inbox me if you have any questions that aren't about science. ;) My reason for doing it is that I'm lazy and forgetful and like wearing skirts.

• Like 1

Battle Log    Challenges:  1, 2

Finished the first book of the dark tower series in practically one sitting...

I read 3-4 "chapters" the first night. Most of the book the next day. And finished the last segment the night after.

It was pretty good guys, thanks for the suggestion!

On another more man related note, I had a question about underwear suggestions. I wear boxer briefs and they work out well. In fact I found some today that I really like. They are russel comfort performance ultra soft fabric. They are just tight enough that they dont bunch up (and thinner too.) I think they might replace my Hanes. This has probably been talked about before, but I was wondering on peoples justifications and thoughts.

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

I can't believe a guy that big, that strong is rocking a 6 pack. Ultimate hero.

Personally i think Ashley Graham is super hot  :love-struck:

Yeah, Hapthor is fantastic. I hope he helps give this trend for powerlifters to be lean another boost, as we've been notorious for being ok with being giant fatasses in the name of more gainz/strength.

edit: Of which I'm guilty of myself (See "The Bulk" in the backgorund of Seth's DL picture in the current NF article. Me at my heaviest).

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I think that woman is very beautiful, but don't agree with her message. When she says "It doesn’t matter if you’re a size 2 or 22" Thats easy for a size 12 to say. At a size 12 you can still very easily be very healthy, but not at 22. 

Obesity as a norm is creeping into western society, and instead of many trying to fix the issue, the source, or the cause, we should just learn to accept it/ love it?

Wrong direction IMO. 

• Like 2

Currently lost in Fitness.