Forums are back in action! ×

Anyone hang out on Fitocracy?

alexifer

Yeah, I'm on there (MrParsnip) but there's not the exercises for the bodyweight progression stuff I'm doing at the moment so I'm rather quiet presently.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

MrParsnip the level 0 Fremen
Current challenge
Yeah, I'm on there (MrParsnip) but there's not the exercises for the bodyweight progression stuff I'm doing at the moment so I'm rather quiet presently.

There are whole groups for body weight stuff on there. You Are Your Own Gym is the book that I was going to use, before i realized that I am not strong enough to do my own body weight (225lbs) routine.

Atlab'Urlyren Druu'giir -- Apprentice of the Crimson RebelLevel 2 Drow Adventurer----------------------------------------------------------------------------------STR 3 | CON 7 | DEX 3 | WIS 5 | STA 1 | CHA 2----------------------------------------------------------------------------------Introduction | Current Challenge@michaelramm

im on it, but having switched from barbell work to bodyweight ive become pretty jaded with keeping track of my workouts and what not. now i just read the group forums when im bored. really, bodyweight workouts are seriously undervalued, when you can even find the correct 'lift' to enter at all. case in point:

Standing Barbell Shoulder Press (OHP):

50 kg x 1 reps (+42 pts)

Handstand Push-Up:

1 reps (+6 pts)

At 91kg bodyweight. Somehow doing nearly double the work is worth 1/7 of the points. No planche push up, no floor L sit or tuck variations (and coming in at under 1 point per second no less...).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AZSF - lvl 4 assassin

STR - 9 | DEX - 12 | STA - 10.5 | CON - 7 | WIS - 8.5 | CHA - 1

im on it, but having switched from barbell work to bodyweight ive become pretty jaded with keeping track of my workouts and what not. now i just read the group forums when im bored. really, bodyweight workouts are seriously undervalued, when you can even find the correct 'lift' to enter at all.

That is very true, I am finding that as well. I'm not advanced at all, but I think I should be getting more than 35 points for an Angry Birds session that has me sweating like crazy, even if it is only 20 minutes. Luckily, I also do spin classes, and now that I count my heart rate and measure the resistance I get super amazing points for that.

L1 Ranger

Fitbit | Respawn Challenge: Take 2

I'm on there too! Nice for tracking workouts. Profile is in my signature. Props all around!

"If we take man as he is, we make him worse. But if we take man as he should be, we make him capable of becoming what he can be."

--Viktor Frankl paraphrasing Goethe

I'm Nedders on there, but it's difficult to bring up the website at work, since half the content is blocked and my browser isn't supported. I tried to add a few people, but I'm not sure it worked. Send me a follow!

Level 2 Furyan Ranger    You keep what you kill

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3
6.1 6.2 | Duolingo | Daily Fitocracy

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: Have I seen you at the gym?

Billy: [smiles] At the gym!

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...

Archived