Forums are back in action! ×

Paleo Lifestyle causing Vivid Dreaming

rx'drobot

I have been maintaining a strict Paleo lifestyle with CrossFit for the last 6 weeks and have noticed a significant increase in the number of vivid dreams I am having. I have also noticed that my body generally wakes me up just after 7 hours of sleep everyday, no matter when my alarm is set or when I fall asleep.

Has anyone else had a change in sleeping patterns or dreams after switching diets?

Here is an article I found recently on the subject.

Rx'dRobot - Ranger EngineerLVL 2 | STR 5 | DEX 3 | STA 4 | CON 5 | WIS 5 | CHA 5Intro | Challenges: 1 - 2| "I may not be there yet, but I am closer than I was yesterday"

About that article...

A) Revonsuo's theory is heavily disputed and may not at all be valid

B) Reshaping your brain more like a hunter-gatherer's... do you know how ridiculous that is?

If you review your past diet, you'll probably see a deficiency in stuff like B12 and 5-HTP; stuff that makes your dreams vivid. The paleo diet corrected these deficiencies and thus led to improved dream recall. You may also have gotten less stressed because you were eating right (which feels good). I could think of more hypotheses, all of them more likely than the unlocking prehistoric abilities, which is ridiculous.

Quare? Quod vita mea non tua est.

You can call me Phi, Numbers, Sixteen or just plain 161803398874989.

I'm not sure if it coicides with paleo, but I have had nights where my dreams startled me and I couldn't get back to sleep easily, fortunately my mind was self-medicating to keep me unwilling to move while I was some horrible definition of conscious.

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

Archived