Forums are back in action! ×

Weight Fluctuation

cob

Does anyone know if there is a specific number for the day to day fluctuation? IE, your body weight can fluctuate 2/5/10 lbs on any given day? Additionally, does anyone know the rate at which muscle rebuilds or how much it rebuilds per day by weight? I know there are a tooonnnn of factors that go into that but, lets assume you take 48 hours of rest after a strenuous workout, plenty of water, eating paleo.

Level 3 Martial Monk, True Neutral

STR: 6.5 | DEX: 6 | STA: 7 | CON: 9 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 6

My First Challenge

Since I only weigh myself, not tracking, I'm guessing that my personal fluctuation is about 6 pounds, and I don't find 8 pounds to be particularly worrisome.

Pretty much, take a month to see what your personal fluctuation is.

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

I read somewhere a while ago (trying to find a link to verify) that NASA estimates the weight-in (air, food,water)/weight-out (waste products) for an average human at ~13 pounds per day. Of the waste 11 pounds is water.

Keeping that number in mind fluctuations even up to 10lb could be accounted for in water weight changing. I know my varies by 3-4lbs under "identical" time/situation weigh ins.

I fluctuate a max of about 2lb (at the peak of my hormonal flux), plus up to a pound a day for my medication (if I've skipped a day, I'll go down a pound, then back up when I start taking it again). I get the feeling I'm unusually consistent, though.

Muscle growth is -slow-. If you're working hard, and are genetically gifted, I understand you still can't put on a pound of muscle in a week. You -can- get your muscles to hold more than a pound of water, though. And if you're working enough to deplete your glycogen and then replenish it, you'll have a big fluctuation from that.

"What's a black belt?" "It's a white belt who never gave up, Ma`am!
flourless | level 3 halfling monk

STR 5 | DEX 3 | STA 3 | CON 3 | WIS 7 | CHA 4

Wow you don't pick easily answered questions do you let me see the best I can answer. Some variables to think about genetics, age, sex, condition, and I am sure more if I think about it. I would say it is best to record and try to see what it is your own body does you should be able to track trends and get a few ideas from there.

I know combat athletes who lose 10lbs or more just in a hard practice. That would be 1 2 hour practice.

Race: Mul (Dark Sun, AD&D)

Profession: Battle Monk

Level:1

Str/4 Dex/3 Con/4 Wis/2 Cha/2

There is no set amount of variance for weight fluctuation. If you take a 5 foot flat woman who weighs a buck oh five her variance is going to be MUCH lower than mine. My weight can change by as much as 10 or 12 lbs depending on carb intake and hydration levels. If I'm actively trying to cut I could sweat out probably 30 lbs from my average walking around weight in a day or two. So I guess my variance is 45 lbs or so?

As for muscle rebuilding I don't know a whole lot about specific timeframes, but I do know that protein intake and sleep play a massive role in it, and that it varies greatly from person to person.

IDDQD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Current Challenge

Race: MALIETOA

Class: WARRIOR

STR: 4 | DEX: 1 | STA: 1 | CON: 3 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 4

Wow you don't pick easily answered questions do you

If they could be easily answered, I wouldn't have to ask them ^^

thanks for all the feedback everyone! So I'm guessing that 5 lbs up isn't anything to worry about unless it happens during my official weigh-ins (wednesday after workout)

Level 3 Martial Monk, True Neutral

STR: 6.5 | DEX: 6 | STA: 7 | CON: 9 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 6

My First Challenge

Archived