Forums are back in action! ×

In a tough spot- Carless

SusieBlu

So my car died. I was on a business trip for a week and so I took my car to a garage. The engine was knocking and a bunch of other stuff....fast forward to today when I get back hoping for my car to be fix and me out only a couple of hundreds of dollars. No, the engine threw a piston. I was lucky I even got it to the garage. The thing is now scrap metal.

Silver lining. I already bought a new car and it is being shipped to me but it is not going to be in Europe until November. So honestly, I am not as bad as I could be and I have friends that will help me out. It sucks but yeah.

Try everything once. If it kills you don't do it again.Paleo- So Easy A Caveman Can Do It

Feeling stuck or isolated? My husband and I share a car and sometimes I JUST WANT MY CAR. GO GET YOUR OWN. Usually it's fine, I love biking to work and don't want to give that up, but you can't take your dog on the bus and the buses don't go to that many places. When being carless gets frustrating, it gets really frustrating.

Human Warrior

Glad that story ends with a silver lining, and you don't have to go car shopping while desperate.

I decided to yell at hubby to fix the scooter so that I can go places without too much trouble.

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

Archived