Forums are back in action! ×

I am so not a Ranger

Unikarm

yes i'm complaining about the class i chose....sorry rangers :(

But being a ranger is just not me. i don't work out that hard i do have jillian michaels dvd's but i'm not using them at all so ranger for me would be something to work toward slowly (or avoid at all cost)

At first i chose Scout and then switched to Ranger now i think i should have stayed with scout even though i'm not a runner. but back when i was a little and even through highschool i rode my bike for hours aimlessly with no real destination. i knew where home was and that's all i needed. I loved it.

I'm also just starting out so Adventurer makes sense too and gives me the freedom to figure stuff out. in highschool i did pilates every single day and toned up pretty good however i didn't eat much at all. after highschool and college is when i started putting on the poundage:blue:

I also looked at Druid because i need some peace in my life. apparatnly Yoga is very good for IBS since it's gentle and has some twisting poses that are good for digestion so that could fit me too.

I also did research on the Paleo diet. it's really is an awsome diet and totally makes sense. however having IBS even some vegetables "trigger" and having a sensative digestive system just says no to it. before i researched paleo i reseached Low FODMAP diet and FODMAP is an accronym for Fermentable, Oligosaccarides, Disaccarides and Monosaccarides. it's a diet made for controlling IBS i won't go into details but it's about eliminating certain foods like onions and wheat and apples (there are lots more) for a few weeks then slowly bringing certain foods back. (if your curious do some research :) )

the thing is it's too late to switch classes and goals for this challenge. i feel stuck. i'm not a ranger and my guts say no to Paleo I need to do the Low FODMAP diet. which i can a will i just can't do it for the challenge.

Natildora

realbrickwall is right. don't stress yourself and give it a rest. the race/class system is supposed to be just a guide and additional fun!

"If what you did yesterday was your best, you haven't done anything today""

Body Weight: 190 lbs
Height: 5'8

Lifting Stats as of Aug 14, 2013
Bench Press: 240 lbs 5RM
Squat: 325 lbs 5RM
Overhead Press: 140lbs 4RM
Deadlift: 345lbs 5RM

I'm a Ranger, because I'm too much of an exercise slut to settle on one form - I walk/run, go to the gym, ride my horse, and next week I'm starting taekwondo again. Rangers are the class that does a bit of everything. You don't have to love crossfit and eat paleo if that doesn't suit you!

If Paleo bothers you, switch back to a diet that doesn't make you sick and congratulate for giving it a fair trial. I've seen people who have trouble digesting meat want to try paleo, and it is possible, but it's more difficult.

First challenge is about figuring things out, don't knock yourself up about it more than what motivates you for the next one.

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

Archived