Forums are back in action! ×

Early riser or agrophobia?

Gobnait

I spent a few years with something that resembled PTSD. Considering that at the same time I suddenly developed a fear of psychologists that outshone my fear of spiders, I have some undiagnosed fear of being seen yelling at nothing while in public. (Spiders will hold still while you get ready to burn them, and generally die if you work up the courage to slap them with a shoe, or will properly cower when driven away at swordpoint. Not to mention that since I'm not from Australia, many of the spiders I encounter are benign enough to toy with. Psychologists can do serious lifelong damage.)

I also have sleep issues. For some reason, I struggle to stay awake when it's dark, and it's still dark when I wake up. Some of this is being disturbed by hubby's routine; either his alarm, or post-shower abulations, or me actually needing to be decent enough for a short car-trip before dawn.

I'm not sure if it's related, but while I can pretend to be asleep until I am actually asleep between ten and two, I tend to just surrender to being awake when approaching four. Weird time, if I'm hungry and decide to eat breakfast, I fall asleep again until eight. If I am either not hungry or resist eating, I spend four hours cussing out the sun for being lazy instead of sleeping.

Which brings me to the heart of it. I think I am getting scarred-over enough to face the outside world a bit more than I have been, but much of my energy is gone by the time everyone else wakes up. This is especially true on days when I get home before dawn after being awake for an hour, since we are a one-car household. (Supposedly two-vehicle, I have place to be next week and the scooter is hubby's morning headache if he actually gets it fixed.) I really hate Sundays because there is nowhere to go until noon, and I'm ready to call the day done and get drunk.

Telling hubby not to disturb me in the mornings is a tough prospect because he needs the whole house. The bathroom is near the bedroom, his office stairs share the wall. (My office is in the furthest corner, and the only thing he's mentioned is turning off the good speakers once he's gone to bed.)

So with me being tired of the day while everyone is waking up, how do I get the energy to leave the house?

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

Archived