Forums are back in action! ×

I've eaten it all, now it's time to eat it right

Good day to you ladies and gentlemen. My name is Wes and I like long walks off short piers and subsequent visits to laundromats.

What do you mean that's not what this is about? Oh, right.

My weight got away from me at a young age and I learned first to take comfort in food and later to become knowledgeable about food so as to have a better excuse for my compulsive eating.

I hit 200 pounds at age 12, was 250 by 15, and graduated high school at 285. Six years of failed attempts later I weighed in a month ago at 301. I'm tired of this and I'd like to fix it. A very dear friend recommended this place to me and so I've decided to throw myself clear over the frying pan and into the fire.

I've gotten real results in the last month, dropping below the 280 mark and continuing to push myself. I've had a number of friends comment that this loss is dangerously rapid, but for me I see it as the dynamic result of a dynamic lifestyle change. I'm working out 7 days a week, eating dynamically better than I had been (but still working to improve further), and I'm tracking my progress as I go. This is better progress than I've ever made in my past attempts, but I know that there is still a great risk.

It is an honor to meet all of you and I hope that with the help of this place I won't fail again.

Welcome! It may or may not be dangerously rapid. Rapid qeight loss from 300 lb is fine for the first month in most cases as it tends to be water weight from eating less salts and carbs. If it continues at that rate it may be a problem, but 10 lb a month for the first few is probably the limit you wanna aim for.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

What CoreyD said. Congratulations on deciding to turn your life around in such an amzaing way. I see you've got a battle log going, but I don't see you in any of the challenges. You can still join through tomorrow. Whether you join a challenge or not - welcome to the forums.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Congrats on the progress so far.

My first three months I lost 30 pounds, 20 pounds, and 15 pounds. So I also I found it very easy to be on a restricted diet and working out a lot to lose the weight rapidly. It was a lot harder (and something I still work on) trying to maintain my weight (sometimes I eat too little to maintain and sometimes I eat too much to maintain, hard to find the right spot). I think rapid weight loss works well for some people but some people with rapid weight loss follow it up with putting it back on. You need to put a lot of thought now into what you are going to eat once you start getting toward your target weight so that you don't put on the excess weight again. And try to make your current diet similar to your maintenance diet so that the transition isn't too rocky.

Level 26, Primal Ultra Trail Scout, Non-Binary Robot

Hey, another Wes. Welcome. You're super quick loss sounds very similar to what happened with me. I dropped from 325 to 300 in less than a month. It was mostly retained water weight, but that is not a bad thing. With all the salt and carbs of the Standard American Diet, you retain water all over the place and get puffy. Do a quick check. Do you notice a big change in the way your face looks? Do you feet look skinnier? Shoes fitting better? If so, then you have done the old Paleo super water drop (I should TM that, lol). If you continue dropping that fast, might wanna check and make sure you are eating ENOUGH! But if you are built like I was, you may drop it faster than the prescribed "2 lbs a week." I know I did. I've almost lost 100lbs since April of this year. It has certainly slowed down over the last couple of months, but the first few months were a freight train to skinny town. I'm adding good muscle now through weightlifting, and it feels amazing! Keep it up!

Lvl 8 Half-Orc Warrior
STR: 25 | DEX: 11.75 | STA: 9.75
CON: 13.5 | WIS: 10.75 | CHA: 3

Challenge | DAI-GURREN | Stop Smoking

You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding. - TMBG

Pay the Iron Price. - Balon Greyjoy

Archived