Forums are back in action! ×

Wasting time on the internet

shiggles

So yes I do realise I am writing this on an internet forum but I figure a bit now can save more time later.

Basically I'm in the situation wehre I am spending too much time online looking at things I don't need to. These are mostly online forums (har har), facebook, news sites and checking my email way too often.

Does anyone have any tips on how to avoid wasting so much time with this. I know I can install software than will ban some sites but a big problem is that I do it at work, which means less work (and unhappy boss and unhappy me) and I can't install additional software on the work computer.

Any suggestions?

"I lift heavy things. Sometimes these things are people."

Red dot on the computer monitor (similat to Critter's "this will get you fired" idea). Program your mind to know the red dot means time wasted. Every time you see the red dot, check the wwebsite you are on. If it's not a productive one (anything but NF is not productive ;P) then get off that site and do something else.

Another option is to download a website blocker or allower, and only let yourself visit certain sites. my work computer does this. I get NF, facebook (which I use basically to upload guitar lessons) and a couple of websites I'm using to learn japanese.

Level 3 Martial Monk, True Neutral

STR: 6.5 | DEX: 6 | STA: 7 | CON: 9 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 6

My First Challenge

Hm. Maybe structure your day so you have particular things that need to be done by a particular time?

Or asking for more of a workload so you literally don't have time to waste time?

Level 2 Wood Elf. Druid at Heart, Training With the RangersSTR 7|DEX 3|STA 9|CON 5.5|WIS 5.75|CHA 3.5

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/30484-gilfrens-grab-at-great-gams/?hl=gilfren]Challenge Thread

Archived