Forums are back in action! ×

I started to doubt wether or not I should actually introduce myself, because maybe a rebellion is not my kind of nerdy XD Anyway, my childhood idol was Chun Li. So getting muscular was nothing I objected to. But I am undisciplined and get dejected easily. But things have changed a little, just this year I ran 10 miles with my sister and brother. It was awesome. But I really want to do mud runs and can't seem to convince friends to do it with me. So I guess I want to train on my own until I find people who do want to run with me. I can't do a single pull up, can barely do a girly push up, so I'm pretty much a beginner. I want to do bodyweight exercises and am sure I gave found the right company for sound advice.

I'd love to get to know you.

See ya around!

Ikkaika

I'm sure once you go to your first event, you'll find someone to work out with. Until then, we'll all help. You can start off with the beginner's body weight (BBW) workout. Don't worry about your pushups, I couldn't do a modified when I started either. Just do incline pushups, or if those are too hard, wall pushups. That's where I had to start, and now I'm up to 12 modified pushups, and working on the real deal. Remember that the reps on the BBW are a target; I think it's more important to do the 3 circuits than to complete the targeted reps. If you do 3 circuits of 3 lunges you'll improve. Hope you have fun here and find some workout buddies in the real world too.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

You have come to the right place! I am wanting to run a tough mudder myself. You should look up the beginner body wight routine. It is what I am doing now. It is a great workout. Please do not be afraid to ask questions. There is a lot of knowledge in here and just as many friendly people wanting to help. What are your goals? We are a little over two weeks from finishing a 6 week challenge. They are Awesome! Glad you are here.

level 2 human monkSTR 5.32|DEX 1|STA 3.32|CON 6|WIS 3|CHA 2

Glad you introduced yourself, welcome to the rebellion. You are in the right place. As Steve says, we can't help with motiviation, but we can help with accountability, encouragement, and advice.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Welcome to the rebellion! Don't be afraid to ask questions, we have a great group of folks here. Best of luck with all your goals and safe travels :D

Level 2 Hobbit Adventurer
STR: 6 | DEX: 3.8 | CON: 5.95 | STA: 5.9 | WIS: 7.6 | CHA: 4

My Intro Post | My Battle Log | My First Challenge | My Second Challenge
"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go." --T.S. Eliot

ACSM Certified Personal Trainer

Hi Ikkaika, welcome to the Rebellion! From a new runner to a new mudder here's my advice to you: you may not be able to find people to run with you at first, but there are definitely people who will want to support you. Ask someone to drive you to the event and watch for you at the finish line, or just let you friends and fam know when you expect to cross the finish line and ask them to be there to cheer for you. Even if you aren't running side-by-side, it makes a huge difference to know they'll be there cheering you across the tape.

Also, we all had to start somewhere, even if we became fit before we found NF. Don't talk yourself down because you're starting at the beginning of something. You're miles and miles ahead of the people still sitting on their sofas and wishing they could get in shape.

Good luck!

Lydieboo, Level 1 Barbarian AdventurerSTR 2|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 3"Only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of total, constant amazement."

Lydieboo's Do or Die Winter Challenge

Archived