Forums are back in action! ×

Embracing the Suck

Hello everyone! My name is Brian and I was introduced to this site by my brother, Tom, aka ihulke. Definitely an intriguing concept considering my nerd past; seems like it'd fit me well for where my life has come and where it is going.

Any who, I'm 27, grew up in New England and now reside in Denver, CO. My "hardcore" nerding largely came to an end once I joined the Army as I largely adopted a more active and outdoor lifestyle. After a few tours in Iraq I left the Army and pursued a career in law enforcement where I now work as a Deputy Sheriff. I've definitely been through somewhat of a roller-coaster in regards to fitness, in high school I weighed as much as 245 and got down to 152 when I enlisted. Married life came next and I once again shot up to 240. The past 3 years I've made a strong commitment to finally changing my entire lifestyle (marriage included, lol) and fitness regiment and I'm at a confident 200 right now.

I've turned something into a workout fiend lately but I'm constantly striving to get better. I teach defensive tactics and arrest control for my department and I've noticed this has immensely boosted my motivation for wanting to lead by example. Being an instructor has also spurred my interest in different disciplines of martial arts. I've studied FBI, PPCT, Krav Maga, etc. One of my goals for this coming year is experimenting with BJJ, Systema, and Kapap.

Looking forward to meeting some of you and finding new ways to improve and motivate. I'm pretty competitive by nature so I'm looking forward to these challenges and even some PVP!

iAtlas, Level 1 Half-Elf MonkSTR 3|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 2|WIS 3|CHA 2

Battle Log | Intro | Challenge

“I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.â€

-Ayn Rand

Lmao Tom, yep I definitely remember that. Ahhh so many fond memories of EQ lol. Definitely looking forward to team pvp and motivating each other. I'm excited for sure.

“I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.â€

-Ayn Rand

Welcome aboard Deputy Book-of-maps (we like derivative nicknames around here). I'm a volunteer Police chaplain for a local department in Texas, so I have a special place in my heart for the law-enforcement community. Glad to have you in the rebellion!

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Haha I like it, I've got a few other nicknames that I've earned through my interactions with people if you run out of ideas. Not sure how appropriate they'll be though lol.

-Ayn Rand

Archived