Forums are back in action! ×

I have a confession...

I'm already addicted to this site! I am beyond excited about RLRP and am currently working on my goals for the next challenge.

I'm going to try out the Paleo lifestyle. Last year I had great success with the 17-day diet but couldn't understand why I kept yo-yoing back up to my previous weight after a few weeks. Now I know that (natural) fats are not evil! And processed junk / grains / refined sugars are!! Ohh, knowledge.

I also never gave much thought to the weight lifting routine before trying out Steve's beginner video. Yes, I was one of those half-assed treadmill joggers before and kept plateauing by only doing cardio. I'm excited to keep doing the videos and to start increasing my reps - seeing how far I can push myself. My poor little muscle cells - how I've mistreated you!:crushed:

Thanks for reading; it's nice to meet you!

"Only you could be so bold."

Level 2 human airbender / adventurerSTR 2.9 | DEX 4 | STA 3 | CON 3 | WIS 3.7 | CHA 3

Challenge 1 | Challenge 2

Welcome. A lot of us had to figure out that cardio by itself is usually not enough to get in shape. I had to learn that some cardio is helpful and not to neglect it. What I get most excited about is strength training. It looks like you set up a character for yourself, are you going to do the next six week challenge? If so, what are your goals?

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Thanks, it's good to be here! So I started describing a little bit about the Paleo lifestyle at work to my friends, and I was surprised by how much negativity I encountered. Have you all experienced this?? They asked if I planned on hunting and killing a squirrel for dinner. Ha ha. Not exactly the encouragement and support I was going for!

I had my best friend down here also bring in some homemade chocolate pie and then act very hurt when I didn't take a piece ('but I made it just for you!') Oh well. I figure I'll level up and be awesome with or without their help - that's why I'm glad to have resources like NF!

You'll notice I avoided answering the goals question. Yes, I need to nail those down so I can start the January challenge! Hmm. What goals did you guys do for your first challenge?

Level 2 human airbender / adventurerSTR 2.9 | DEX 4 | STA 3 | CON 3 | WIS 3.7 | CHA 3

Challenge 1 | Challenge 2

Yes, some people will think you're a nut. I just ignore them - I'm looking better and they're not. I think for a 1st challenge some habit building goals are a good choice. Remove specific thing from your diet, or commit to a morning mile or specific number of workouts/week. Go to this forum and look around at some of the others are doing.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

My first goals were a little ambitious, be able to run X% of a certain number of miles, do a certain number of pushups and situps. My second set of goals are a little more realistic. Make sure your goals are Specific, measurable, acheivable, realistic and trackable. SMART goals are the way to go.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Archived