Forums are back in action! ×

I can't believe I found this site. I grew up playing AD&D and science fiction, physics and comic books have been life long passions.

I have no idea how I ended up a hairdresser.

Anyway, I have never done something like this before, and I'm scared. I posted PICTURES, for crying out loud.

I am neither in shape nor well. I feel like I'm headed into Mordor: my well-intentioned clients are constantly bringing goodies to the salon; the boss buys us take out; my colleagues enjoy a good happy hour after work; my shifts are usually 10-12 hrs long without a break so when I get home it's binge then bed. It's making me unwell and it's time to level up.

!

So here I am, level 1 hobbit druid/adventurer ( tai chi and cycling). I hope to find some friends here along the way to keep me accountable as I carry the ring (spare tire?) To be cast off Mount Doom, and if someone here needs a Gandalf or a Sam when orcs are about or they're tempted to steal the ring, I will be happy to oblige.

Hey there... welcome, and congrats on a excellent start! Seriously, you should be proud about posting pics, not to mention that the tats look really cool. You may have to share them on one of the tattoo threads.

I've been interested in trying Tai Chi for a while... maybe now I'll have the time now that a couple of things have settled down in my life. How do you like it?

I can't believe I found this site. I grew up playing AD&D and science fiction, physics and comic books have been life long passions.

I have no idea how I ended up a hairdresser.

Anyway, I have never done something like this before, and I'm scared. I posted PICTURES, for crying out loud.

I am neither in shape nor well. I feel like I'm headed into Mordor: my well-intentioned clients are constantly bringing goodies to the salon; the boss buys us take out; my colleagues enjoy a good happy hour after work; my shifts are usually 10-12 hrs long without a break so when I get home it's binge then bed. It's making me unwell and it's time to level up.

!

So here I am, level 1 hobbit druid/adventurer ( tai chi and cycling). I hope to find some friends here along the way to keep me accountable as I carry the ring (spare tire?) To be cast off Mount Doom, and if someone here needs a Gandalf or a Sam when orcs are about or they're tempted to steal the ring, I will be happy to oblige.

Hi zenhairdresser :)

You took the first step in the right dfirection by comeing here, so very well done right there! There's lots of people here that will join you in your quest to destroy the one ring. Finding a good fellowship should be relatively easy. Welcome to the Rebellion!

Level 4 Human Ranger

The only Way to accomplish greatness is to set your goals even higher.

STR: 15 || DEX: 9 || STA: 10

CON: 12 || WIS: 9 || CHA: 6

Check out my challange Thread (4)

Tai Chi is amazing. It resets my brain, speeds my reflexes and I have no worries getting caught in a dark alley. I am serene and can defend myself as well. Right now I am learning the Yang style 108 tai chi form and wushu sword. Yes, I have a real sword and I am learning how to use it. So geeked!! My teacher is amazing, too. Good tai chi teachers are hard to find.

Thanks all for the warm welcome. I already feel like I belong :-)

Archived