Forums are back in action! ×

Morlock Seeks Strength and Courage to Return to Surface

Hail, and Well Met,

I'll get the character description out of the way first, and then move on to character background and development goals.

I am most assuredly a dwarf! Standing 5'2" and currently weighing in at 205, my heavy build is what distinguishes me from a halfling or gnome. I am proud of my stockiness, and the strength it used to (will) signal. I have often been described as a tiny linebacker due to the breadth of my shoulders. I am starting this adventure at 25 years old, married (without younglings), and as a currently unemployed military spouse. 

I will get this out of the way now, I have baggage. I know, this community doesn't like baggage, which is why I am trying to check it at the door. My story is worse than some, and better than others, regardless it still weighs heavy on me and truly setting my bags down will be one of my greatest challenges in the coming time. (There's a reason for the Morlock reference) I promise to do my best, but I can't and won't promise to be perfect. Learning to truly own my Self, my Present, and my Future, as well as disentangle myself from the strangling net of Others, Less-Than-Ideal-Situations, and my Past will be just as much one of my "master quests" as losing the weight, being able to run again, and regaining and surpassing my former physical ability. (I was once the strongest girl in my class and outpaced on a run only by the school's long distance runner)

On a more day-to-day note, I tend to be an underpants gnome (often in the extreme) and I also lack any actual support system "IRL" so, if I may, the things I am most looking for/hoping for in this community are; ways to easily and successfully track progress and changes (I'm actually working on printables for this at the moment...says the underpants gnome), an environment that will help me stay on track and not spend to much time collecting underwear, help with actually pinning down the small, simple changes that will build into bigger ones, and, more abstractly, a support system that will help me overcome the creeping sabotage of neglegent apathy that pervades my home. (Just a note: The immediately preceding section is written with the intention that more knowledgeable individuals will be better able to point me in the direction of groups that best fit my needs, not simply to complain or whine, I promise.)

Now that the unhappiness is out of the way here are some of the rats I'm working on killing:

Transition to Paleo (I've been flailing around on this one a bit, but I've finally decided to just focus on eliminating grains for now)

Build/Develop/Determine a beginning exercise routine and then work on making it a habit

Start walking to Mordor

Become psychologically and emotionally independent again in order to overcome scars left by a crushingly total defeat.

(see again Morlock reference...also this one might be more of an elder dragon than a rat...)

Anyway, hail and well met, if anyone is willing to take on/take in a slightly broken adventurer whose drive to better herself will astonish you, if only she could get a leg up over some of the bigger obstacles, please let me know. I'd greatly appreciate the company.

Dwarven Adventurer

Level 1

Str: 2  Dex: 3  Sta: 1

Con: 4  Wis: 4  Cha: 1

Hi s.h.e.amalgam :)

As the rules of the Rebellion state, we don't care where you come from, just where you are going. You seem to have a clear set of goals, do you also have a plan to achieve them? 

The forums work extremely well as supportive system, everyone here is really supportive and kind to each other. We'd be glad to help you out in a pinch or when you need motivation.

Welcome to the Rebellion! I wish you the best of luck with accomplishing your goals!

Level 4 Human Ranger

The only Way to accomplish greatness is to set your goals even higher.

STR: 15 || DEX: 9 || STA: 10

CON: 12 || WIS: 9 || CHA: 6

Check out my challange Thread (4)

I've done the military spouse thing; both employed and umemployed. You need to be tough & independent to do it.  I see you've joined us in the adventurers guild.  Look around at some of the chalenge threads.  You can join the current challenge even though it is a little more than 1/2 over.  You can use it as a warmup for the next one.  Welcome to the rebellion. 

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

It's the planning and implementation bits that most often leave me feverishly collecting underpants, justifying lapses (particularly with exercise), or just staring blankly at a wall unable to form coherent thought patterns. I've started trying to pin things down, I know that without an actual plan I just flail around ineffectually, but it's slow going and I'm mostly just trying to put forth consistent effort (even if it is only planning) and not kick myself too hard for not having "done more" yet. The things I have pinned down/am currently working on are tweaking the angry birds workout so I can use it and finishing eating all grains in the house without replacing them. I'm hoping to have the angry birds bit, as well as a plan to start walking, in place and useable no later than the Monday after next. I have thought about trying to start tracking/writing about everything, but just thinking about all of this I'm feeling scattered and overwhelmed. Slowly, slowly. I must remember to be a turtle and not a hare.

Dwarven Adventurer

Level 1

Str: 2  Dex: 3  Sta: 1

Con: 4  Wis: 4  Cha: 1

hey babe....

everyone has baggage whether they admit it or not ;)

we don't care where you come from.... you are going somewhere awesome!

welcome to the rebellion!

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Archived