Forums are back in action! ×

Log Entry 1: I have initiated contact with the rebellion...

Hey there. I'm Kirbs, twenty year old UK goth/gamer/bookworm/nerd currently in my final year of university, pursuing a degree in biomedicine with a focus on clinical microbiology.

Physically, I'm a dwarf. Teeny tiny 5'2", and too stocky for my own good.

I haven't really got a specific weight goal, I just want to be much healthier than I currently am - I have an extraordinarily poor immune system, I suffer with anaemia and fatigue... it's got to the point where I'm sick of feeling run-down all the time. I also want to do some strength training and martial arts to get to my peak.

Goals for my first week:

Cut out all sugary drinks - at the moment, I'm only allowing myself water (by the bucketload) and tea, no sugar - because, hey, I'm British and I could never give up my tea. Lucky for me, I love green and herbal tea as well as black. :3

Beginner Body Weight Workout, three times a week

... are these goals enough, or should I add more? I'm not sure. Don't want to slack, but don't want to use up all my willpower. >_>

Dwarf Ranger/Monk - Level 1

STR: 2 || DEX: 3 || STA: 2 || CON: 1 || WIS: 5 || CHA: 2

"We're all in the same game, just different levels; dealing with the same hell, just different devils."

I'm learning from hearing it over and over again around here (not that I've been here long I've just been reading EVERYTHING) that the best of anything (goal, workout, habit, whatever) is the kind you can stick to and the kind you can feel good about. The trick is finding the balance between "But I should be doing more by now," and "My goals may be little but they ARE the best I can do right now." I've only just begun to feel out that balance, but I've found a lot of freedom in learning to give myself a break and focus on what I have been able to do rather than what I *thought* I *should have* been able to do. I also made a deal with myself; no matter how simple or easy the goal/habit seems in the beginning I have to give it at least two weeks to really sink in/get a feel for it before I modify it or add to it. That has helped a great deal for me.

Anyway, welcome, and best of luck to you. I hope you don't mind my rambling two cents!

Dwarven Adventurer

Level 1

Str: 2  Dex: 3  Sta: 1

Con: 4  Wis: 4  Cha: 1

Welcome, to the Rebellion. I just started this past week and I am also short 5'0. I have fatigue issues as well. I also am beginning to strength train and cut out drinks besides water and tea. I was drinking diet soda several times a day (translates to the only thing  I was drinking all day long) ....I've only cut soda for 5 days and wow, what a difference. I didn't believe I would have so much more energy but I really do.

I think your goals are great. I have started with simliar goals. Better to a few goals and stick to them, than to have too many and not be able to keep them.

Keep us updated  on your progress.  :nevreness:

Level 1 Adventurer Hobbit

Hey guys, thanks for the welcome and the support. :) I think the two weeks thing sounds perfect... if my goals are going well by then, I shall see if I can handle another. Also gives me two weeks to think of an achievable third goal. :D

"We're all in the same game, just different levels; dealing with the same hell, just different devils."

A sort of not-monsterous regiment? I agree with the others who have posted here; you are making a great start. Do not worry that you are not doing "enough". What you're doing is going to make a big impact.

When you're ready to add another goal, I'd recommend increasing your veggie intake, especially green veggies, to tackle that anemia. (I'm not including mushy peas as a green veggie).

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Minute militia, I love it! xD We can show everyone that tiny people are not to be underestimated! :D

Laureleye, that is definitely a good change to make, thanks for the idea. :) I think both of my next goals (as I'm going to do two at a time) will focus on dietary changes... as Nerd Fitness has shown, food is 80% of the battle, after all!

Count me in on this minute militia, as I'm 5'2" as well! Just think of it as a chance to amaze people even more with how strong we'll be and the things we''ll be able to lift.  :rolleyes-new:

Lvl. 3 Gnome

STR - 4.25/DEX - 2.5/STA - 6.25/CON - 5.5/WIS - 9/CHA - 7.25

Tumblr

Current Challenge / Challenge 2 / Challenge 1

"She believed in dreams, alright, but she also believed in doing something about them...

When Prince Charming didn't come along, she went over to the palace and got him."

- Walt Disney

Yay! I think we're gonna need a thread of our own. Accountibilibuddies...meet The Minute Militia! Rule Number One: There shall be no gnome tossing, hobbit bowling, or dwarf throwing! I have no idea how to link to people in threads or anything, so I guess just go over and look for it!

Dwarven Adventurer

Level 1

Str: 2  Dex: 3  Sta: 1

Con: 4  Wis: 4  Cha: 1

Archived