Forums are back in action! ×

Hi there!

Hi!

So, I've been reading Nerd Fitness (or browsing the site) probably three or more times a day for nearly a month...... :) 

I'm definitely more of a researcher/reader than someone who just jumps in to participate, but I'm ready to change things up!

Well, I've been eating Paleo for a while now, and I finally started lifting maybe 2-3 weeks ago (compared to previously, where I stuck to my treadmill 24/7). Mostly, I've realized I just have a TON of questions..which may..or may not... have been why I finally stopped simply reading and decided to join the forums.

Being a nerd, I'm not normally all that social,  so joining a community instead of just trekking along by myself is a huge leap for me, but this seems like the place to do it! I'm excited :)

Just a little bit about me - I'm a 24 year old girl, I live in southern Cali (just moved here from Kentucky), normally I'm a runner (like multiple marathons, I actually love to run, I'm a weirdo like that), reader, Halo enthusiast (I love me some FPS), and a Chemistry major.

Literally, I majored in something that lets me work in a lab by myself avoiding people, and getting paid for it! And possibly making things blow up, hee hee. 

My husband once compared me to the Hulk - all calm scientist by day, rage monster by night. I'm taking it as a compliment.

Oh, and I have two amazing dogs, who come hiking with me like 3 times a week. They're troopers :)

I guess that's about it, here's to taking the plunge!!!

(Oh, do I include my goals too? I wanna get Hulk-Smash strong. Like...hold my own against Liam Neeson tough. Challenge the strongest, biggest guy at the bar to an arm wrestling contest and kick his butt, being a 5'3 size 4 girl. And P.S. I've never not risen to a challenge  :)  ) 

Lvl 1 Khajit Ranger

Str - 4.5 Dex - 3 Con - 1 Sta - 3  Wis - 4 Cha - 5

It's okay to be happy to see me. Just because you're English doesn't mean you need to hide your emotions.

I'm Irish. We let people know how we feel. Now f*** off.

Hi Katariana :)

Awesome that you decided to start posting here! Let me be (one of) the first to say: Welcome to the Rebellion!
I hope you have a pleasent stay with us, and wish you best of Luck with reaching your HulkSmash goal :)

Level 4 Human Ranger

The only Way to accomplish greatness is to set your goals even higher.

STR: 15 || DEX: 9 || STA: 10

CON: 12 || WIS: 9 || CHA: 6

Check out my challange Thread (4)

Hi there!  I'm new as well.  You sound fabulous.  I was a long time reader as well...and I'm also socially awkward. High five?

I did bodyweight exercises & dumbbells for a while, but I recently dove into the barbell world, and I've fallen in love.  I'm sure you will too, if you haven't already!

Welcome, and may the force be with you. :)

| katie z

| twitter

| instagram

| blog

always be happy with yourself--but never be satisfied.

+

take responsibility for the energy you bring into this space.

Haha, well it suits me perfectly! Thanks, and good luck to you too!!

Lvl 1 Khajit Ranger

Str - 4.5 Dex - 3 Con - 1 Sta - 3  Wis - 4 Cha - 5

It's okay to be happy to see me. Just because you're English doesn't mean you need to hide your emotions.

I'm Irish. We let people know how we feel. Now f*** off.

Ha! Brilliant!! Love your goal and it actually sounds very very familiar... My husband and I have a yearly competition consisting of me trying to smash him at arm wrestling!!! Hasn't happened yet, although I'm betting on it for this year!! :D

I'm new here too btw and also about to start lifting after about 2 years of bodyweight interval training.

Hope you have a blast and see you around :)

Level 6 Amazon Assassin Ranger

challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

the rebuilding of the Amazon: #6

Archived