Forums are back in action! ×

Favourite game soundtrack?

shortstuff

We're all nerds here, many of whom would like to play video games. I just figured that it would be interesting to see what other nerds favourite game soundtrack or what game soundtrack their currently listerning to.

My is the Kanto (earliest world of pokemon) Reorchestrated soundtrack. But than again I am a huge pokemon fan.

What's yours?

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

I think I may have to go with the Assassins creed II soundtrack. Just awesome music to chill out, read, or work with in the background. But the orchestral versions of most Final Fantasy games also is epic.

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

1. Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. It's incessant and yet not annoying.
  2. Tetris (despite being the greatest game ever invented)
  3. Baldur's Gate II

All older games, but I likes what I likes.

"If you would improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus

"You just gotta listen to your body, unless it's saying anything about stopping, pain, your joints, or needing water."

Level 20 Pilgrim (Adventurer 7, Assassin 3, Druid 2, Monk 10, Ranger 5, Rebel 9, Scout 10, Warrior 4)

Really hard to say one. I have a near eidetic memory for music. Which mean that if I play a game I almost instantly memorize the soundtrack. It kinda sucks sometmes when I get a game song stuck in my head such as the theme from Bust-A-Move/Puzzle Bobble.

Here are a few favs:

Anything Zelda (especially Ocarina of Time)

Anything Metroid (favorite them being the Brinstar arrangement from Metroid Zero Mission)

Final Fantasy 1 and 4 (Crystal Prelude being a song I can listen to for hours)

Hard to beat Some of Mario stuff

Metal Gear Solid - Main Theme and Snake Eater Theme

Street FIghter - Ryu's Theme is something I like to train to. 

Gradius Series has some good stuff - Gradius 3 having the best IMHO

Contra - Jungle Theme, Waterfall Theme, and Base Theme

Castlevania Series - Vampire Killer, Theme of Simon Belmont, Awakened Soul (Wandering Ghosts)

City of Heroes - Main Theme makes me feel epic

Tenchu Stealth Assassins has some good stuff

Bionic Commando - Main Theme

Mega Man - Mainly MM2 music

Star Fox - Original SNES music

i should really stop. I have 5.67 GB of just video game music on my hard drive.

Level 8 Half-Elven Ninja (3 Assassin/5 Monk)

[sTR 15.5] [DEX 13] [CON 10] [sTA 13] [WIS 19] [CHA 9]

"With great power there must also come great responsibility" - Amazing Fantasy #15

"Pressure makes diamonds." - Gen. George S. Patton

about.me/daniel.mccarthy Follow my blog

To name a few:

Final Fantasy (pretty much all of them)

Chrono Trigger

Lunar series

Secret of Mana

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Akumajou Dracula X: Chi no Rondo (Castlevania: Rondo of Blood - PC Engine)

The Terminator (on Sega CD)

Wipeout series

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Not super into the soundtracks, though I think I would be if I ever remembered to listen to them.  The onyl one I've ever had a copy of is the one from FF7, I still tingle every time I hear a piece from that game, especially Highwind.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Final Fantasy VII (I had Aerith's theme playing at my wedding) and Borderlands 2.

I really liked the Skyrim soundtrack, but its really similar to the music my brother makes and therefore doesn't stand out as much to me as it would otherwise do.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

Little Miss Gibson, Half-orc Adventurer [1]STR 4|DEX 3|STA 1|CON 2|WIS 3|CHA 3

Current challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/22168-little-nerds-first-challenge/

Mini-challenges: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/23509-adventurer-mini-challenge-3/

Inventory: 6ft oak staff; baby carrots; rat-tail; 10 silver pieces

Oh, geez, I'd have pages upon pages of my favorite music from video games, lol. I used to have days worth of music on my iTunes before I lost the data (hard drive broke and my back-up hadn't the room on it for all the music).

Here's some that come to mind:

Most Zelda games (Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker especially). I actually modded my Skyrim game to play Zelda instead, lol.

Skyrim's Dovahkiin chant: How BA do I feel when a dragon shows up and that amazing piece of music comes on? I made it my ringtone as well, lol.

Final Fantasy 6-10 and Tactics have some of my favorite pieces of VG music in them.

Metal Gear Solid - The Best is Yet to Come. I used to listen to this for hours, such a beautiful piece of music.

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow has some great soundtracks.

Mass Effect; The orchestral main theme is great.
Devil May Cry 3: That song that goes between a beautiful melody and hard rock is great.
Portal 1&2: Still Alive and Want You Gone are pretty amazing.

Anyway, those are just some of the ones that come to mind that I love.

Name: Armored Gallant Race: HumanClass: Adventurer - Lv. 1 

Attributes: STR: 4 | DEX: 3 | CON: 3 | STA: 1 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 1 "All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost. The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frostFrom the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken,The crownless again shall be king." 

A wide variety of favorite game music, but one of the best recent examples of how music can really affect the mood / tone / pace of a game or level is the latest Max Payne--brilliant orchestration during the terminal level that really pushed it over the top as one of my latest favorites in overall level design.

drsloomis: level 5 human assassin

STR: 15 | DEX: 17 | CON: 12 | STA: 12 | WIS: 14 | CHA: 8

Current Challenge

Couple good ones added in here that I have to agree with. Lunar FTW! MGS - The Best Is Yet To Come is a really pretty tune. Blaster Master is a aother classic.

Anybody ever heard of ocremix.org?

"With great power there must also come great responsibility" - Amazing Fantasy #15

...but I also really love the World of Warcraft music. Some of it is so moving.

I didn't really give much thought to WoW, but I have to agree. The music in Storm Peaks is just perfect IMO.

This made me think of another game, albeit, short lived.... Age of Conan has some great music!

*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Final Fantasy for sure!  VII mostly because I'm partial.  Actually, lately I've been infatuated with the Crisis Core soundtrack.  Moonlight Wandering is AMAZING.

Chrono Cross soundtrack is one of my major favs too.  Yasunori Mitsuda is a genius.  It's almost caribean celtic.

Thirdly, I'd have to say Castlvania tracks, mostly from SotN, and the DS incarnations.

Oh, and anyone who hasn't listened to any Overclocked Rimixes is doing themself  disservice!  Voices of the Lifestream is incredible.

Level 2 Human Ex-SOLDIER - Ranger/Assassin

| Str: 12 | Dex: 4 | Con: 7 | Sta: 13 | Wis: 3 | Cha: 13 |

"Steel your mind and the body will follow."

Lunar FTW!

YAY! Another one that knows the series. Sadly, not many of us exist. I still own both games for Sega CD and both of the collector edition PSX games too. I was holding out for a Lunar 3 to show up someday, but oh well....stupid Working Designs having to go under :(

I loved Silver Star Story on Sega CD and have owned it on PS and now on my iPad 2. I couldn't really get into Eternal Blue. Not sure why but it didn't pull me in as much. My all time fav turn-based RPGs are Lunar and Final Fantasy IV. Now THERE is some good music.

1. Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. It's incessant and yet not annoying.
  2. Tetris (despite being the greatest game ever invented)
  3. Baldur's Gate II

All older games, but I likes what I likes.

Totally agree with Morrowind, that'd have to be my favourite game soundtrack and probably my favourite game.

Dare mighty things

I didn't really give much thought to WoW, but I have to agree. The music in Storm Peaks is just perfect IMO.

This made me think of another game, albeit, short lived.... Age of Conan has some great music!

ALL the music in Northrend. I love that it varies from really traditional sounding strings, to really eerie modern stuff. 

I also loved the music from the first Guild Wars, particularly in the Catacombs. But I'm a sucker for a violin. 

Oh, geez, I'd have pages upon pages of my favorite music from video games, lol. I used to have days worth of music on my iTunes before I lost the data (hard drive broke and my back-up hadn't the room on it for all the music).

Here's some that come to mind:

Most Zelda games (Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker especially). I actually modded my Skyrim game to play Zelda instead, lol.

Skyrim's Dovahkiin chant: How BA do I feel when a dragon shows up and that amazing piece of music comes on? I made it my ringtone as well, lol.

Final Fantasy 6-10 and Tactics have some of my favorite pieces of VG music in them.

Metal Gear Solid - The Best is Yet to Come. I used to listen to this for hours, such a beautiful piece of music.

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow has some great soundtracks.

Mass Effect; The orchestral main theme is great.

Devil May Cry 3: That song that goes between a beautiful melody and hard rock is great.

Portal 1&2: Still Alive and Want You Gone are pretty amazing.

Anyway, those are just some of the ones that come to mind that I love.

I like the Elder Scrolls music in general. The Skyrim music is so atmospheric. But that is awesome that you made the chant your ringtone hahaha. Do you chant along with it, when people call? That would be a unique way to answer the phone :D

Level 2 Half-elf Druid

STR: 3 | DEX: 6.5 | STA: 1 | CON: 6.5 | WIS: 4.5 | CHA: 3

If you do not change where you are headed, you will end up where you are going.

Archived