Forums are back in action! ×

PS4.

IKE

What are your thoughts on Sony's press conference about the Playstation 4? Here's a link that pretty much summarizes it - http://www.complex.com/video-games/2013/02/12-things-we-learned-about-the-ps4-from-sonys-big-announcement-event/

LEVEL 6: ZOMBIE WARRIOR

STR: 11 | DEX: 10 | STA: 6 | CON: 6 | WIS: 7 | CHA: 6

~ 1st Challenge: HERE!

~ 2nd Challenge: Check it out!

~ 3rd Challenge: Iket721's Warrior Challenge!

~ 4th Challenge: ket721's best-challenge-ever!

~ 5th Challenge: Back to the Basics!

~ 6th Challenge: Can't really think of a clever title challenge!

~ 7th Challenge: ike's consistently consistent challenge

I'm excited about some of the features being implemented, like the instant sharing.  However, I'll be more excited once the PC picks up the features and runs with it :P  After all the crap Sony pulled with the PS3 (removing BC, Linux, etc.) I'm not about to trust them with another generation.  <3 my PC

Level 1 Half-Giant Adventurer(STR) -3 (DEX) -2 (STA) -1 (CON) -2 (WIS) -3 (CHA) -4

Goals - 50 concurrent push-ups, 10 concurrent pull-ups, lose 80lbs

Noli timere - Mundus mihi est.

Article link does not work for me (it keeps popping up a dialog box that says "restricted area, please log in").

As for the console itself, well, it's about time, they've introduced the next generation Wii, and Microsoft has mentioned a 720 Xbox I believe... so yeah, guess it's time for a new PS too.

I don't really care because I'm one of those people who runs about five to ten years slow on the game front.  Play is much cheaper that way.  ^^  So, I'll probably be getting excited about PS4 games around the time everyone else is buying a PS 5.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

I switched over to Xbox at the end of the second generation and got the 360 when it came out a year later.  I'll probably stick with it despite wanting to play a lot of the Sony only games and not being really interested in the microsoft ones, but we'll see.

As far as the press conference, it looks like photo-real graphics are finally here for the most part.  I didn't realize that rendering they had wasn't a photo until I read the caption.

I'm very excited about the next generation possibly being an all in one entertainment hub.  I would love to get rid of my cable box and just buy subscriptions straight from hbo and the tv networks I watch.

I've only gotten through slide 8 so far, that website is loading VERY slow, like 3 minute load times.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I switched over to Xbox at the end of the second generation and got the 360 when it came out a year later. I'll probably stick with it despite wanting to play a lot of the Sony only games and not being really interested in the microsoft ones, but we'll see.

As far as the press conference, it looks like photo-real graphics are finally here for the most part. I didn't realize that rendering they had wasn't a photo until I read the caption.

I'm very excited about the next generation possibly being an all in one entertainment hub. I would love to get rid of my cable box and just buy subscriptions straight from hbo and the tv networks I watch.

I've only gotten through slide 8 so far, that website is loading VERY slow, like 3 minute load times.

Photo real graphics are finally here? I'll believe that when I see it. They boasted all about it when they released the PS3. They had amazing tech demos for the ps3. You can make any game look absolutely amazing if you spend a year on a 5 minute tech demo. The problem with photo-realism is that it takes that much longer to make. Not just to look good, but feel good. Are you going to make the environments look great and then have poor character animations? The same old nasty rags doll movements?

Graphics will get better when the developers will want to put the time in to create them. Good luck with that happening right away. More and more developers are following the cookie cutter suit of call of duty. Just look at the Crysis series. Killzone 4 looks good, but its also a tech demo a long ways from launch. Who knows what it'll look like or even play like? I'm not one to give these systems/games hype anymore.

“The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?† 
 -Billy Connoly , The Boondock saints
Level 2 Warrior

Graphics are way overrated in the gaming world, if you ask me.  A lot of games have really dated graphics, bad animation, or purposely cartoony looks, and they're still great games.  Plot, writing, and gameplay are far more important than the latest fancy-pants visual experience.  If you want jaw dropping visual effects, go to the movies.  (No home computer rendering in real time is ever going to compete with the likes of Pixar and Lucasfilm...)

p.s.  Does anybody remember the high-resolution "tech demo" Final Fantasy 7 trailer they showed to promote the PS3?  There were rumors they'd be re-releasing the game with updated graphics, but it was just a tease.  (FF7 was certainly one of those games I mentioned, with hilariously outdated graphics, but still good to play...)

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Graphically, I'm impressed - but Sony never really fails on that front. What I found more interesting was the controller with some touch screen on it and the whole "play on the vita" bit. Not because they are impressive, but because they are some features of the Wii U that everyone said were stupid, yet all the reviews I've seen call it an amazing development.

Anyway, I might get one, but I've been saying that abou the PS3 for years. I am getting a Wii U soon (huzzah tax returns), but I'm definitely more interested to see the next Xbox.

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

It looks promising, but of course we'll have to wait and see. I noticed they didn't actually show the console or what the price might be. I am surprised to see Diablo III (a PC exclusive game) come to a console.

LEVEL 6: ZOMBIE WARRIOR

STR: 11 | DEX: 10 | STA: 6 | CON: 6 | WIS: 7 | CHA: 6

~ 1st Challenge: HERE!

~ 2nd Challenge: Check it out!

~ 3rd Challenge: Iket721's Warrior Challenge!

~ 4th Challenge: ket721's best-challenge-ever!

~ 5th Challenge: Back to the Basics!

~ 6th Challenge: Can't really think of a clever title challenge!

~ 7th Challenge: ike's consistently consistent challenge

Archived