Forums are back in action! ×

Ah... the things you can happily spill to strangers.

I have a new job and am out of the rut I was traveling comfortably in for the last 5 years. Unfortunately, this means I have new stresses and no routine and beat myself up because I was going to do things so differently when I had the chance to start anew.

Well, every day is a chance to change and the Optimus Prime method of little by little appeals. I followed a link from a Paleo page over to here and liked what I saw. A holistic motivational community all attempting to Level Up their lives. Ok, I haven't played D&D in about 25 years but I still have my glow in the dark D20 and the urge to take on the quest to improve myself.

I am a couple of years off 40. I want to be the fittest and healthiest me that I can be by the time it happens. I have chronic asthma which is, thankfully, well controlled and an arthritic knee which needs strengthening to put off surgery as long as possible. I am reasonably fit and strong but am carrying more kgs than I really need, but as they say, you can't outrun your fork! 

I like to swim, paddle, walk, ride my bike and lift heavy things. I really want to be able to do a chin up one day. I am built for distance, not speed but would one day like to be able to jog for a couple of k's. I know that when I stop eating well but guts get upset and when I stop exercising I am prone to anxiety and depression when stress and/or Autumn occurs. What I lack is consistency (and motivation). 

Being outdoors always makes me feel better, particularly when I am exercising, so I want to be a Ranger when I have leveled up a bit.

When I found this site I was thinking of joining the challenge a little late but then I read the post about DO IT NOW! . It was like reading about myself. So my challenge until the next one starts is to stop walking past stuff I could do now and keep practicing until it is automatic. It may be hard work... But that's what I'm here for!

Aussie Bush Ranger - Training with the Monks

'I'll fight but not surrender', cried the wild colonial... GRRL!

Project 365 - Becoming BatGirl

Current Challenge

Hi and welcome to the adventurers.  If you want to start a shortened challenge, we don't mind.  Just make sure it's something you can accomplish in 3 weeks.  Whether or not you start a challenge thread, feel free to visit the ones we've got going and meet some people. 

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

I'm right there with you on the anxiety and depression when fall comes around. As soon as it starts to warm back up I feel so much better. Welcome to the rebellion and best of luck with everything. 

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Thanks for the support peeps. I found the blog post on personal responsibility and signed up for a bit of PT to get me into a routine with some accountability and push me a bit harder. Never had a PT before so it could be interesting.

Going to make a battle plan for additional accountability sometime this weekend.

Aussie Bush Ranger - Training with the Monks

'I'll fight but not surrender', cried the wild colonial... GRRL!

Project 365 - Becoming BatGirl

Current Challenge

Archived