Forums are back in action! ×

CALLING ALL D&D NERDS

Rathrune

Yes

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I want in. I've played a lot of table top starting with 2nd edition but most of my experience was in 3/3.5. I'll get the books and look over them. I like to play dex based melee classes.

Lvl 1 Human Ranger

STR - 2  DEX - 2

STA - 2  CON - 3

WIS - 2  CHA - 4

"The slaughterhouse of failure is not my destiny."

If rathrune doesn't want to run a second game, I may do so. I miss DMing.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

There's a chance I may be giving up my spot, sadly. This week is crazy busy with assignments for school, so I'm currently up to my ears in papers and reading assignments. While my character sheet is almost done, I have not had the chance to sit down and write my background yet, so with the deadline looming I fear I may have to bow out. :/ Sorry kids.

Storytelling Rebel
| Blog | Twitter

"“You've seen my descent, now watch my rising." ~ Rumi

There's a chance I may be giving up my spot, sadly. ... with the deadline looming I fear I may have to bow out. :/ Sorry kids.

Sorry to hear it, but studying is important. Hope it goes well for ya'. See you next game hopefully. Cheers.

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

Jess, if you need another day or two to complete the sheet and background, by all means take it. 

I must admit, I'm a bit behind in my planning as well.  I forgot this weekend was the holiday as well.  If you're still excited to play, take the few days if needed.  Once the "background work" is done it will be straight posting which will be more streamlined and less time consuming.

Rathrune

ooc thread is here: http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/topic/26289-ooc-the-gathering/

I'll have to think about starting my own game, I tend to always want to when I have about 5 seconds of down time then during the week I remember I have so little free time to make such a commitment.  I'll see how easy it is for me to dedicate a post every few days/week to this then decide if I have 5x that time each week to do a DM post.

500 / 330 / 625

Now recruiting a cleric for the ongoing game "The Gathering"....read through the thread to get an understanding of what has happened thus far, be an experienced roleplayer who is aware of 2nd ed. AD&D rules, and be fully aware that you actually will have the time to consistently post.  If you can't commit, please do not reply.  Thanks!!  Send me a private message or email if you're interested. 

- Rathrune

I've decided that I will run a play by post game afterall. It will be second edition based with my own set of rules for magic, which involves combining the arcane and divine schools of magic and making priests a wizard specialty type class that gets bonuses and drawbacks based on their boons from the god(s).

I'm still doing quite a bit of world building, not to mention having to figure out a plot, so it will be a few weeks before I have anyone roll for characters, but figured I'd post here and drum up interest in the mean time. I want at least 5 players, and I'll go as high as 8.

I figure this thread can be an ongoing recruiting thread for any games we get going. Post here to express interest and I'll get a game specific out of character thread up once I figure out a plot and title.

500 / 330 / 625

I've decided that I will run a play by post game afterall. It will be second edition based with my own set of rules for magic, which involves combining the arcane and divine schools of magic and making priests a wizard specialty type class that gets bonuses and drawbacks based on their boons from the god(s).

I'm still doing quite a bit of world building, not to mention having to figure out a plot, so it will be a few weeks before I have anyone roll for characters, but figured I'd post here and drum up interest in the mean time. I want at least 5 players, and I'll go as high as 8.

I figure this thread can be an ongoing recruiting thread for any games we get going. Post here to express interest and I'll get a game specific out of character thread up once I figure out a plot and title.

*Sits in chair waiving arms wildly* OOOOO PICK ME! PICK ME! ME! ME! ME! OVER HERE LOOK AT MEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!....yeah I guess it could be fun

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Nothing is ever easy." Zeddicus Zull Zorander

"Do or Do Not, There is no try" Yoda

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Bench: 195lbs

Squat: 245lbs

Deadlift: 295lbs

Total weight: 735lbs

Goal Weight 1000lbs

OOC thread is up, all applicants apply here.

Both you guys are in, I need to edit my base character sheet template for my custom magic rules then I'll send it and the rules out to you (PM me your email pwallace).

500 / 330 / 625

Everyone is welcome, play by post is perfect for noobs due to the slow pace. The most important part is that you keep up with the posting speed (Laid out in the ooc thread).

500 / 330 / 625

No, go to the new one I posted above.

Sent from my iPhone- please forgive length and autocorrects (yes, I'm blaming it on the phone).

500 / 330 / 625

Oh no.  Sorry - I just meant looking at it in terms of post content/complexity/time commitment.  Since I've never played before I couldn't figure out why folks who are otherwise really active on the forums were bowing out of play due to time commitments.

I can do 2x/week.

FluffyRin  --  Ranger (Level 4)

STR 4 | DEX 3 | STA 4.5 | CON 10 | WIS 10 | CHA 6

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, Current

I won't be expecting the formatting beyond if people want to do it for fun.

Sent from my iPhone- please forgive length and autocorrects (yes, I'm blaming it on the phone).

500 / 330 / 625

Then I'm in! I tend not to post much on the weekends, but I can do weekdays.
go ahead and hop in the other thread if you haven't and PM me your email.

500 / 330 / 625

<----- D&D virgin here aswell. should be a fun time

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Nothing is ever easy." Zeddicus Zull Zorander

"Do or Do Not, There is no try" Yoda

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Bench: 195lbs

Squat: 245lbs

Deadlift: 295lbs

Total weight: 735lbs

Goal Weight 1000lbs

Archived