Forums are back in action! ×

Annoying comments you hear all the time

YES I GET THIS AS WELL. I just sort of "....but...... it's my...okay.."

Any thin veneer of civility I (may have) once had has been worn away by long years of this sort thing. I'm afraid a more common response from me is " you SHOULD feel bad", or "then do something about it" :P

• Like 7

The past is only smoke in a dream.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 9 CON 8 WIS 2 CHA 8

Barfly ain't even tryin'...

• "Why would you want to lean down? Girls only like big guys." 

I love that one. Oh yeah, sure, just lump an entire gender into one pool of likes and dislikes. The same goes for guys when I hear, "Men only love really skinny girls."

For the record, I find lean guys very attractive. Keep it up  :encouragement:

• Like 1

No trees were killed to post this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

---------------

Dali won't be joining us for dinner. He's ordering a bicycle from room service.

I can relate to this... and it's very, uh... it's a very teeth grinding experience to have to listen to this sort of thing. I can't imagine what you were wanting to say to your colleague. 

A few years ago at work, one of the ladies here in our office was asking me about my weight loss. I explained the story, but just to save a "tl;dr" it's pretty much healthier eating and exercise. 

Out of nowhere, this other lady pops into the conversation. She's a short lady and... not to be rude, she is quite round too. She interrupts our conversation, "You don't lose weight with diet and exercise. It's been proven you can't lose weight."

I had absolutely no idea what to say and neither did the lady I was originally talking to. We were both just kind of stunned and... well I kinda just walked out. 

I want to know the thought processes of people like that.. How else can you lose weight healthily without a proper diet and exercise?! Has she found the magic pill? lol

Egg, Level 1

Dragon, Adventurer

| STR 2 | DEX 0 | STA 1 | CON 0 | WIS 7 | CHA 0

1 2

This morning,

Ambo Officer 1: you look like shit, that uniform is way too big.

Me: yeah I know, I have to order a new one.

AO: still not going to change the fact you look too skinny.

Me: WTF?

ambo is ambulance?

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Tapatalk

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

"It takes too long to get in shape"

Also, "Can you help me work out?" is one I get a lot. I'm happy to oblige and help people with diet and even help them set up a whole exercise program, but they either just don't do it or give it up after a time or two.

• Like 1

"It takes too long to get in shape"

Also, "Can you help me work out?" is one I get a lot. I'm happy to oblige and help people with diet and even help them set up a whole exercise program, but they either just don't do it or give it up after a time or two.

Ikr. Why don't you just say "please write me a program I will never use".

• Like 1

The past is only smoke in a dream.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 9 CON 8 WIS 2 CHA 8

Barfly ain't even tryin'...

Random person - "So what do you do for exercise?"

Me - "I pole dance"

Random person - "LOL SO YOU'RE A STRIPPER?!"

Me - *rolls eyes*

Or "Your boyfriend must LOVE you!"

Egg, Level 1

Dragon, Adventurer

1 2

I HATE the comments about being naturally skinny and the people that think just because I'm like that I'm healthy "You should be able to run more" "I wish I could sit around all day and look like that," If I was like you I'd be at the all you can eat cafe every day."

And then the comments I get when I say I want to bulk up, "You want to gain weight? Why? you're probably the only person that wants to get fat" "You will stay skinny forever, it's just how your body works" "Why try for something like that when you're most people's goal already?" Or even my boyfriend "I'm the big daddy here and you're my little pup (I'm way dominant than him, but he is bigger and stronger than I am despite eating pizza constantly >3>)

I'm sorry, but I have more respect for worlds strongest than male models, I want muscles I can actually use, not to be something nice to look at. Kind of a Who would you rather follow kind of thing, an Orc Warrior or a Blood Elf Warrior XD

• Like 1

Life Level 0 Half Orc

Exp to Next Level

0%
0%

Fit Level 0 Adventurer

| STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0 |

Upcoming Challange: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/48060-allen-titan-less-allen-more-titan/

"They need something to look up to. Having something nice to look at is just a bonus"

Random person - "So what do you do for exercise?"

Me - "I pole dance"

Random person - "LOL SO YOU'RE A STRIPPER?!"

Me - *rolls eyes*

Or "Your boyfriend must LOVE you!"

Hah, I actually want to learn how to Pole Dance. I never saw it as erotic as much as I wondered how the hell that woman is standing on the roof with nothing but a pole holding her up. Then again I am an odd man, Pole dancing, belly dancing, and body building. Yea, I'm going to be the huge ass belly dancer in a nice outfit someday XD

• Like 3

Life Level 0 Half Orc

Exp to Next Level

0%
0%

Fit Level 0 Adventurer

Upcoming Challange: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/48060-allen-titan-less-allen-more-titan/

"They need something to look up to. Having something nice to look at is just a bonus"

ambo is ambulance?

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Tapatalk

Yes, sorry, like Poms we tend to shorten words horribly.

What I don't get though is I have only lost 20 kilo, going from 107 kilo to 87.00 kilo, it's not like I ingested a tape worm from Africa and lost more than half my body weight, I like to think maybe it is because I'm a little taller than the average woman and it looks like a lot.

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

Hah, I actually want to learn how to Pole Dance. I never saw it as erotic as much as I wondered how the hell that woman is standing on the roof with nothing but a pole holding her up. Then again I am an odd man, Pole dancing, belly dancing, and body building. Yea, I'm going to be the huge ass belly dancer in a nice outfit someday XD

Haha well give it a go! :) Pole dancing is not just for women,

See!
  • Like 1

Egg, Level 1

Dragon, Adventurer

1 2

I managed to get into a workshop with one of my all time favourite instructors - Travis Scott a.k.a That Pole Guy. He is so funny & amazing. Some men are very put off with him though as he is gay, but he's soo cool. He can walk better in heels than most of our female instructors (and me!) which is a bit embarrassing ;P

Egg, Level 1

Dragon, Adventurer

1 2

I managed to get into a workshop with one of my all time favourite instructors - Travis Scott a.k.a That Pole Guy. He is so funny & amazing. Some men are very put off with him though as he is gay, but he's soo cool. He can walk better in heels than most of our female instructors (and me!) which is a bit embarrassing ;P

SOMEONE GET ME A POLE >:U

I don't care at all that he's gay (I guess because I am to) anyone that can do that type of stuff is alright in my book. Imagin how much muscle control it takes to do any of those moves, I can already tell that pole would hurt me if I even tried half of those as I currently am.

• Like 1

Life Level 0 Half Orc

Exp to Next Level

0%
0%

Fit Level 0 Adventurer

SOMEONE GET ME A POLE >:U

I don't care at all that he's gay (I guess because I am to) anyone that can do that type of stuff is alright in my book. Imagin how much muscle control it takes to do any of those moves, I can already tell that pole would hurt me if I even tried half of those as I currently am.

Hahahaah! It takes a lot of practice to get to his level :) He called me his 'danger student' because everytime he would look at me (and spot me) I'd fall or hurt myself in some way. He's in Paris now I think, traveling around. Give it a try! Look up some local classes near you, you never know until you give it a go :)

Egg, Level 1

Dragon, Adventurer

1 2

I HATE the comments about being naturally skinny and the people that think just because I'm like that I'm healthy "You should be able to run more" "I wish I could sit around all day and look like that," If I was like you I'd be at the all you can eat cafe every day."

XD

I get all this too. Irritates the shit out of me. Also "it's ok for you cause your skinny, I'm fat so it's harder" so why not try and change that if it's so difficult to do things "us skinny folk" have "no problems" doing... Grr

I get all this too. Irritates the shit out of me. Also "it's ok for you cause your skinny, I'm fat so it's harder" so why not try and change that if it's so difficult to do things "us skinny folk" have "no problems" doing... Grr

This, all the time.  "You're lucky you can eat like that."  "When you're older, you won't be able to eat like that."  Alternately, I'm at least somewhat active, and while I eat a lot of junk at times, I eat fairly healthy the rest of the time - which nobody ever comments on.  People have been saying the second one to me for going on 20 years now - by my mid-30s, I'm pretty sure I am who I am.  Maybe I just have one-in-a-million genetics, but I doubt it. 

Also, "you don't look like you need to get in shape."  I don't care what I weigh, if I get winded climbing stairs, and my core is so weak that my posture is shit, it's time to get in shape.

• Like 3

I have a coworker who thinks he is a secret master chef. Anytime we go anywhere to eat anything, he has a comment about it.

"Yeah, this chicken is good but I prefer chicken when it's grilled".

"I actually like creamy caesar dressing instead of the vinegary one".

He's got something to say about almost anything anyone will bring in, too. Like for our cinco de mayo fiesta, "this salsa is really watery". Have you ever made salsa?! I don't know how they make that shit chunky because mine always comes out watery. And of course, y'all probably guessed it, this fool eats spaghetti and like a peanut butter sandwich for lunch when he brings his own food. I just want to be like, "if you are such a goddamned master chef, why don't you whip up an outstanding meal then?!" I refuse to bring in food to share because he's got a comment, "this marinade is really good but I wish the chicken was crispier". Well no shit, sherlock, but not every recipe turns out the way you want it so you just roll with it regardless.  This isn't fucking Top Chef, it's free food, eat it or don't.

Wow... that got me really riled up. I need to get out of this office :(

• Like 2

Amazon Warrior

29, F, 5'11 ft, 159lbs

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5

Also, "you don't look like you need to get in shape." I don't care what I weigh, if I get winded climbing stairs, and my core is so weak that my posture is shit, it's time to get in shape.

Why do people have such a hard time grasping the concept that "getting in shape" and "losing weight" are not the same thing? You can do one without the other, or you can do both at the same time. That doesn't make them the same thing.

I go to the gym to get stronger, fitter, and healthier so FUCK OFF with your "You don't need to lose any more weight". Grrrr!

Sorry, I'm a little tetchy on the subject right now...

• Like 2

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

"You're lucky you can eat like that."  "When you're older, you won't be able to eat like that." 

I've been hearing that my whole life. Then, after years of not putting weight on although eating "lots" (according to those people), I've started to hear a new sentence, kind of a curse: "wait until you get pregnant, then your metabolism will change and you'll see..." I am surprised not to hear a maleficent laugh after it. Or at least a mwhahaha.

• Like 1

Why do people have such a hard time grasping the concept that "getting in shape" and "losing weight" are not the same thing? You can do one without the other, or you can do both at the same time. That doesn't make them the same thing.

I go to the gym to get stronger, fitter, and healthier so FUCK OFF with your "You don't need to lose any more weight". Grrrr!

Sorry, I'm a little tetchy on the subject right now...

This. Absolutely this. I've never been overweight, I've just been on the thin side of normal (in my opinion), but I have definitely been out of shape. And nearly any time I comment on being out of shape, there are numerous comments of "you're not overweight" or "you don't need to lose weight". I'm sorry, did I say "I am fat and need to lose weight?" No. I said I am in horrible shape. I have little strength or endurance. I can't do the things I want to be able to do and have been able to do in the past. Therefore I am out of shape. I AM NOT TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT.

Or there are comments about "well you are young and you play ultimate all the time. You should be able to do 20 real pushups". I'm sorry, dude. I am young. I play a lot of ultimate (when healthy, stupid foot). Those two do not equate to the ability to do full pushups. They just don't. It's like saying "you run around a lot. You must have great upper body strength". It's a full on "WTF? Stop talking. You're making me think less and less of you with every word"

*grumble grumble*

• Like 2