Forums are back in action! ×

Annoying comments you hear all the time

This one's been kicking around my head for a while, and it's not really devastatingly annoying, more of a "if I were really irritable, I'd have to let you have it" thing.

My assistant manager (lovely, nice gal) is a classic "for-health" vegetarian. Her ideal body seems to be the whole wispy woman kinda thing - which she pulls off fairly well. But myself and another of my co-worker lift and we love it. We're all about gaining strength and muscle. So I'm flipping through success stories on bodybuilding.com (since I'm at work, I'm trying to only find work-appropriate pictures) and she walks in on me looking at a pic of a lady posing in a fun pose in a tank top. Her arms are nicely defined, a bit of veins showing through and her body is definitely built - not huge, but built. And my boss goes "ew, that's gross - what are you looking at?". I tell her I'm looking at a woman who can lift a lot of freakin' weight and has about 13% body fat. Her reaction is to look at me like I'm crazy. "Muscles are gross," she says.

Muscles are gross? Okay, then. Looks like you'll have to jerry rig something to put the new water jug on the cooler next time, then, boss - 'cause muscles are gross and if I lift one next to you, you're gonna be all grossed out and we can't have that.

I get it if muscular isn't what every woman is aiming for, but if that's the case, don't come whining to me about not being able to lift a freakin' water bottle.

Dwarf Monk

Level 5

STR 11 | STA 9 | DEX 5 | CON 11 | WIS 9 | CHA 5

ceterum censeo infirmitas esse delendam

CHALLENGE

TAKING OFF THE HAND WRAPS

previous

I ; II; III; IV ; V

What bugs me is the people who tell you exercise is really bad for you. Like you've just come back from spin class or whatever, and you're puffing a bit going up the stairs. Then the colleague who sat on their ass smoking through lunch smugly turns round and says 'told you exercise makes you weaker!' Same colleague also told me that going to Uni makes you stupid, and I was going to die eating all that 'rabbit food'. 

Luckily I don't work there any more... I was able to get a better job with my degree in stupid. ;) Now I work with a girl who eats even more veg than me! And whenever I see some idiot eying up her food, preparing to say how crap it is, I always mention how good it smells, or how much I love veg x.

Vixen

Assassin Level 2

Challenge #1, #1.5, #2 , #3 , #4, #5 (current)

People rarely make comments about my body- thankfully. Usually the comments are positive, which is cool. The most annoying thing I hear and get super sick of hearing is people that are like half my size complaining about their bodies. It really annoys me when people beat themselves up so others pick them up. I usually counter by saying I wish they saw themselves the way other people see them. I don't see the point of people (especially women) demeaning themselves. If you don't like it change it, I you don't want to change it, learn to love it.

I just started this journey 2 weeks ago. I quit sugar and artificial sweeteners. I've been having a tough time detoxing and when I mentioned to my co-worker that tomorrow I will start cutting grains, she replied "What are you going to to for energy? You need those complex carbs for energy!" I didn't feel like going into a long explaination but I think I am going to get a lot of this kind of thing.

Level 3 Adventurer

Ogre disguised high elf

STR 1, DEX 0, STA 0, CON 3, WIS 4, CHA 1

1st Challenge   2nd Challenge    3rd Challenge   Current Challenge

and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength. Mark 12:30

I just started this journey 2 weeks ago. I quit sugar and artificial sweeteners. I've been having a tough time detoxing and when I mentioned to my co-worker that tomorrow I will start cutting grains, she replied "What are you going to to for energy? You need those complex carbs for energy!" I didn't feel like going into a long explaination but I think I am going to get a lot of this kind of thing.

Yeah be prepared for a lot of weird looks, odd questions, remarks, etc. 

its gonna happen.

"so what DO you eat"

and a lot of "why" questions

Level 1 Elf Adventurer STR 2|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 3|CHA 4

I'd go with something simplistic like "Yes, for example, vegetables have less energy than complex carbs. That's why eating more of them will help me lose weight. Don't worry, meat, eggs, fruit, vegies and nuts all have calories in them too."

BUT CALORIES ARE BAD FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just make sure it's organic sand. I've been duped into buying processed sand before.. Not cool man, not cool.

that's true- but you have to make sure it's not that crappy "oh we are organic" sand. It's gotta be like grass fed- ocean born stuff. There are snake oil type sand folk EVERYWHERE.  it's sad- people just want to do the right thing- and they can't. so many lies everywhere. 

makes sense now, you're depth of knowledge in this matter shines through, i hear sandology degrees are mighty hard so kudos to you my friend

I try- I try not to brag about it- but it's hard to see good information get buried under that whole meat isgood/ bad for you stuff!  The truth is out there- you just have to dig down and find it. 

such a weird place to walk into this conversation at...

one day young grasshopper- you can join in- just keep researching and listening- we'll learn you something!

I got rejected from the PhD program. 

I'm sorry to hear that!!  they have a understudy program- you should try that- it easy you into it.  

that's true- but you have to make sure it's not that crappy "oh we are organic" sand. It's gotta be like grass fed- ocean born stuff. There are snake oil type sand folk EVERYWHERE.  it's sad- people just want to do the right thing- and they can't. so many lies everywhere. 

I try- I try not to brag about it- but it's hard to see good information get buried under that whole meat isgood/ bad for you stuff!  The truth is out there- you just have to dig down and find it. 

one day young grasshopper- you can join in- just keep researching and listening- we'll learn you something!

I'm sorry to hear that!!  they have a understudy program- you should try that- it easy you into it.  

Ah yeah! ive seen it all over the news, underground fake sand rings. Also, people trying to sell grain fed sand as grass fed. Seriously messed up. Stuff gets serious, the sand cartels are everywhere now. 

And i'll have to look into the understudy program. I just hear sandology is extremely difficult to get into. 

Level 1 Elf Adventurer STR 2|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 3|CHA 4