Forums are back in action! ×

Track Calorie Intake?

Ghost

I need to improve my diet. It's not the worst in the world, but I think I may be eating too much (for my goals).
Naturally, I'm looking for methods to monitor what I eat to get useful information.
What sort of methods can I use to keep track of, and find out my intake?

And the above mentioned 'goals' are to drop my bf% to 10-15%.

Thanks guys (and gals)!

I use My fitness pal, free app on phone, to track my calories. It has a fairly large database of different foods, with most of the nutritional info, you can add your own recipes and track your weight and calorie intake. You can check your nutritional info at the end of the day to check if you got enough of everything, assuming the info for what you're eating is correct. 

#3 - #4 - #5 - #6 #7 - current

Juggling PvPSquat PvP, HOoRAY

I use MFP as well. I have a friend that uses LoseIt, but I find it doesn't offer as many options as MFP (for instance, you can change your activity level on MFP but I couldn't find where to do that on LoseIt).

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

I started tracking by using MyPlate from LiveStong.com.  I created a lot of recipes of what I was making at home, and they had a pretty good database on food as well.  I did that for about the first 4 months of 2012, then kind of dropped off as I was pretty much in the routine of what I ate and how much.

Now I am starting to track again, just to make sure I didn't slowly slip off my numbers, but using MFP now, becuase I like the phone app better.

I think that more than anything else, calorie counting is useful for defusing the psych warfare.  Minds make excuses, but math is math.  It's harder to weasel out of a set number of calories than some philosophical declaration.

Hostile intent is imminent. You prepare for battle.

Archived