Forums are back in action! ×

Hello Nerds! I need some help

Hey Nerd Fitness!

I just found Nerd Fitness last week so I am a little overwhelmed as to where to start. I have already tried cutting back on processed foods and I am going to the gym and doing squats, pull ups etc. like recommended. Any advice for diet? I have been hungry super often lately because in the past few weeks I have been eating 300+ calories more than I should... and not from healthy food either.

Also, I have been watching deadlift videos but don't want to screw up my back with bad form, and I've never done a deadlift before. Tips?

Welcome!

For the deadlift form, check out the form check forum; the critiques are super helpful. Also, Google and YouTube is your friend.

Lvl. 3 Gnome

STR - 4.25/DEX - 2.5/STA - 6.25/CON - 5.5/WIS - 9/CHA - 7.25

Tumblr

Current Challenge / Challenge 2 / Challenge 1

"She believed in dreams, alright, but she also believed in doing something about them...

When Prince Charming didn't come along, she went over to the palace and got him."

- Walt Disney

Are you tracking your calories with MyFitnessPal or something similar?  If not, I'd start that just so you can see where you are.  When you drop processed food, you will drop a lot of calories, but you need to add a few of them back in - but make them good calories.  Nuts, nut butter, olive oil, avocados, eggs, and lean meats.  Lots of veggies and some fruit.  If you need more help sorting through what you're eating, feel free to send me a message. 

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Archived