Forums are back in action! ×

Vid'yeah Games

Right now I'm re-playing X-Com: Enemy Unknown, which has me really craving some more authentic XCom... looking forward to this http://www.xenonauts.com/ when it comes out.

Also finally picked up Borderlands 2 and playing through that.

Just a guy on a journey - Battle Log

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done - Bruce Lee

Be honest with yourself and ethically pursue your happiness - Laz

I'm currently jumping in between playing mass effect 2 (again) and assassins creed 3.

I finally finished Skyrim 100% but still find myself playing it randomly.

I can't wait for Batman Arkham Origins, Deadpool, and Assassins Creed 4

Jigglypuff Adventurer

STR: 3.25    DEX: 3    STA: 3.5   CON: 3.75    WIS: 6    CHA: 4

Previous Challenges: 12

Currently playing Civ 5 (as I have been for the past year and a half now) and I've been trying to squeeze in some time on the Company of Heroes 2 open beta. I started Dark Souls on the PC as well. My Xbox 360 had its internal power supply die, so it has been sitting idle for months now. Just pre-ordered a PS4 yesterday :nevreness: I can't remember the last game I finished. Looking to squeeze in more time for casual gaming.

Ras'taban

Level 3 Half-Orc Ranger

STR 9 | DEX 2 | STA 5 | CON 4 | WIS 7 | CHA 2

All that is gold does not glitter,

Not all those who wander are lost;

The old that is strong does not wither,

Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

j.r.r. tolkien

I'm playing Defiance and finding it strangely addictive. I need to get around ot playing Mass Effect 3, Gears of War 3, and the Bioshock series.

So I picked up a PS3 off craiglist yesterday just so I could play Journey and Eve: DUST 514. To justify it, I made sure it was one of the originals with hardware backwards compatibly so that I can also use it for my old PS1 and PS2 games.

Started Journey last night, and wow! Such a gorgeous game and the music! I plan on trying out DUST tonight.

They got rid of backward compatibility? Lame.

So, what's everyone think, Xbox One or PS4? I'm currently an xbox fan, but might consider making the switch if I like the exclusives better for PS4.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I'm about to start playing Rome: Total War, in anticipation for Rome II coming out in August/September. Right now I just have a crappy laptop so I'm really grateful that it even runs Rome!

Cannot remember the last game I completed, although the next game I will complete will most likely be Cry of Fear once I get my new PC.

I'm also ridiculously excited for Payday 2, and would be playing Payday 1 if I had the rig.

Level 1  Petty Assassin of the Lanomia Clan STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0Current Challenge

Last game I completed was the new Tomb Raider. Solid game overall. Loved the bow, loved Lara's new characterization. Combat was bit off-balance and the camera was not your friend, but it was very compelling and this Lara is even smarter and sexier than the Lara of old.

My playlist right now:

-Torchlight 2

-System Shock 2

-Guild War 2 (just came in the mail; my wife and I are going to start playing together)

-Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

-10000 (for Android, an awesome puzzle/RPG hybrid)

-I'm constantly playing all kinds of retro games on PC, PS3, and Wii

-Double Dragon Neon

-NBA Jam On Fire Edition

-Civilization V

Game I'm Looking Forward to Coming Out:

-Batman: Arkham City

-The Witcher 3 (STILL need to finish #2)

-Half-Life 3 (IT WILL COME OUT, IT WILL)

Games I'm Looking Forward to Finally Getting Into

-Skyrim (Legendary Edition just came out, yay)

-Halo 4

-BioShock Infinite

-Dishonored

My playlist, by the way, is ever evolving and changing. I pretty much want to play all the games. I'm always moving from one game to another, going back and revisiting old favorites/games I never finished/games I started but barely scratched the surface with, and looking for new games to try out.

Level 2 Human Ranger

STR [5] DEX [4.25] STA [3] CON [4] WIS [6] CHA [6.25]

Current Challenge

My Introduction

"Blood and sweat washes away pain and fear."

Current Challenge Goals:

Game I'm currently playing.

Batman Arkham Asylum. I am excited for Origins and decided to replay Asylum and City. I freaking love this series

Last game I beat.

GTA4 Ballad of Gay Tony. After the three protagonist trailers for GTAV I went and replayed 4, L&TD and BOGT.

Games I'm excited for.

Take a guess. I am going to play the hell out of GTAV and Batman Arkam Origin.

"By trying to please everyone he had pleased no one, and lost his ass in the bargain." - Aesop 2,500 years ago.
Level 4 Half Ogre Ranger
STR 6|DEX 4|STA 13|CON 11|WIS 5|CHA 8
Zombies, Run! Profile

Just ordered Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age 2. 'Cuz I really needed another epic game in my 'to play' pile...

I never got around to DA2, but the first one was fantastic. If I had any complaint to level against it, it was that it took a while to get used to the camera style. The game is "almost" isometric, a la Baldur's Gate and Planescape:Torment, but not quite. But, then the camera lets you zoom into "almost" an over the shoulder view, but not quite....  It was irritating at first, but getting used to it was no problem once the story got rolling. 

And then there's the story. Oh my, the story. Some deride it as being a Tolkien derivative, but isn't EVERYTHING a Tolkien derivative at this point? Also, the game is very long by modern standards. I think the main story took me like 70 or 80 hours? But, I like doing the side quests as I go along, so that may not be accurate. Fair warning though, DA:O takes a little while to get through. It's totally worth it, but it's long the way Baldur's Gate 2 was long. A great main story with tons of side quests, all of which are worth your time and attention.

I tend to think that DA:O and ME2 were the last great BioWare games, before EA sucked the life out of them. ME3 just didn't have the balls that ME2 had, though still excellent, and I've heard such horror stories about DA2. Maybe if I can get a bargain bin version of DA2 I'll play it...

"if unwilling to rise in the morning, say to thyself, 'I awake to do the work of a man.'"  - Marcus Aurelius

"[...] and having made the attempt, you must succeed in it. 'Must' is the word." - Abraham Lincoln

Currently playing Civ 5 (as I have been for the past year and a half now) and I've been trying to squeeze in some time on the Company of Heroes 2 open beta. I started Dark Souls on the PC as well. My Xbox 360 had its internal power supply die, so it has been sitting idle for months now. Just pre-ordered a PS4 yesterday :nevreness: I can't remember the last game I finished. Looking to squeeze in more time for casual gaming.

Same here with Civ 5. They're the only games in the world I think I can never get bored of.

Also currently revisiting the Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time for the 1000th time.

Paleo enthusiast, Part-time hobbit, Z fighter, Kokiron, Westerosian and Jedi. Quite a CV. Find me at www.paleocastle.com.

I liked loved DA:O.  DA2 wasn't the same scale, but I liked it.  The second in a trilogy is almost always a disappointment.  I'm really hopeful that third will hit it out of the park.  I love the setting, the backstory, the world of DA, so take my opinion with as much salt as you like (think about your heart!).

I'm currently playing Defiance.  Its not too bad, whenever I turn it on for an hour, it seems to take 4 hours before I realize it.

Level 2 Half-Orc Ranger

STR 4|DEX 2.6|STA 5.8|CON 8|WIS 2|CHA 3

MyFitnessPal|My Endomondo

The second in a trilogy is almost always a disappointment.

Unless it's Mass Effect 2 or Half-Life 2. ME2 had, just, fantastic characters. I got so absorbed in their stories. And Half-Life, well...here's hoping there's a Half-Life 3. Someday.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3. Love it. Just finished the previous 2 Uncharted games.

I go back and forth between pc and ps3, so I'm planning on getting caught up on a lot of games I missed. God of War, Guid Wars, Rage, the second and third Assassin's Creeds (hated the first one, but apparently they get better), Dishonored, Far Cry 3, Bioshock Infinite....too many games, not enough time.

Rage was a huge disappointment for me. I imagine it's because I'm a PC gamer, and that's the platform I played it on. Nothing against consoles as a platform, but id software really screwed up by not optimizing idTech5 for PC, and instead focusing only on consoles. Hopefully new games that use that tech will correct that problem, but the video options in Rage for PC were insultingly minimal. This caused such instability in game play across varying PC builds that 1/2 the damned PC community couldn't even play the game (myself included).

I got about 1/3 of the way through the game before I just couldn't progress any further due to major graphic glitches/errors. It got to the point where I spent more time trying to fix the game than I did playing it, and I already don't have enough time for gaming. it's a shame too, because the game LOOKED fantastic when it worked. Personally, i wouldn't waste my time on Rage, at least not on PC.

Bioshock Infinite, however....  Run screaming in that direction and throw them as much money as you need to so they'll let you play that game. 

"if unwilling to rise in the morning, say to thyself, 'I awake to do the work of a man.'"  - Marcus Aurelius

"[...] and having made the attempt, you must succeed in it. 'Must' is the word." - Abraham Lincoln

Rage was a huge disappointment for me. I imagine it's because I'm a PC gamer, and that's the platform I played it on. Nothing against consoles as a platform, but id software really screwed up by not optimizing idTech5 for PC, and instead focusing only on consoles. Hopefully new games that use that tech will correct that problem, but the video options in Rage for PC were insultingly minimal. This caused such instability in game play across varying PC builds that 1/2 the damned PC community couldn't even play the game (myself included).

That sucks :( I played Rage on PC and it was awesome. I wouldn't have been able to play it on a console without putting my controller through the TV.

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done - Bruce Lee

Unless it's Mass Effect 2 or Half-Life 2. ME2 had, just, fantastic characters. I got so absorbed in their stories. And Half-Life, well...here's hoping there's a Half-Life 3. Someday.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3. Love it. Just finished the previous 2 Uncharted games.

I go back and forth between pc and ps3, so I'm planning on getting caught up on a lot of games I missed. God of War, Guid Wars, Rage, the second and third Assassin's Creeds (hated the first one, but apparently they get better), Dishonored, Far Cry 3, Bioshock Infinite....too many games, not enough time.

Assassin's Creed II is one of the best video games I've ever played. Everything about it, both on a technical and narrative level, just absolutely sings.

Conversely, Assassin's Creed III is one of the WORST video games I've ever played. Clunky controls, a horrible camera, a tutorial that last EIGHT hours (I. Kid. You. Not.), a story that moves along at a snail's pace, boring and uninteresting characters...it's just a great big sloppy mess. It's like they they took all the stuff people hated about the first game and put it back in for the third game, then got halfway through development and said, "Oh well, close enough."

Level 2 Human Ranger

Current Challenge

My Introduction

Current Challenge Goals:

I feel the xbox one was crushed.  I've had over the years: nintendo, super nintendo, sega, sega cd, n64, xbox, playstation 2, wii, and xbox 360.  However, I think I'll be buying a ps4.  The 100 price tag being lower, the better exclusive games, no FORCED kinect(HAL), I can RENT games and SHARE games.  Also, I love killer instinct but the business model for that looks frigging horrible and want nothing to do with it.  The playstation 4 comes off as very game-centric which, to me, is what a game system should be.  I don't care on xbox one that I can tweet while I watch tv.  ugh.  Xbox put a bitter taste in my mouth and want nothing to do with that system.

Maybe in a year I'll get a wii-u once they have more 1st party games like mario kart.

I feel the xbox one was crushed.  I've had over the years: nintendo, super nintendo, sega, sega cd, n64, xbox, playstation 2, wii, and xbox 360.  However, I think I'll be buying a ps4.  The 100 price tag being lower, the better exclusive games, no FORCED kinect(HAL), I can RENT games and SHARE games.  Also, I love killer instinct but the business model for that looks frigging horrible and want nothing to do with it.  The playstation 4 comes off as very game-centric which, to me, is what a game system should be.  I don't care on xbox one that I can tweet while I watch tv.  ugh.  Xbox put a bitter taste in my mouth and want nothing to do with that system.

Maybe in a year I'll get a wii-u once they have more 1st party games like mario kart.

I definitely want to get a Wii U eventually. I just love Nintendo. I've always been a sucker for their characters. I blame my childhood.

Agreed about the PS4. Microsoft just made so many bad decisions about the Xbox One; it's like they are TRYING to alienate their customers. On the one hand, PC gamers have been dealing with the same kind of DRM and being locked out of playing used games for awhile now, thanks to the digital market, but console gamers are a totally different breed and you can't push the same things on them. Even if you do both console and PC, they are still things you love about both and you want it to stay that way.

Update to my playlist: I picked up the Legendary edition of Skyrim over the weekend, and the wife and I started playing Guild Wars 2 on Friday. Needless to say, we didn't get much sleep these past couple of days. We both were just sucked into GW2 within just a couple of hours.

Level 2 Human Ranger

Current Challenge

My Introduction

Current Challenge Goals:

I've got a few games going right now:

Xbox360: Just finished The Witcher 2, and am debating a second playthrough to see the "other" side of the story.  Anyone played this and want to argue in favor (or against)?  I also have Bioshock Infinite waiting for me, so I may go ahead with that first and then come back to TW2.

iOS: Final Fantasy Tactics!  I was so psyched when they released this as an iOS app, and it works pretty well on the iPad.  I loved this game so much on PS1, and it's awesome that now I can fire it up anytime I want.

3DS: Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons.  I picked up both Seasons and Ages a couple of weeks ago since they were on sale for about $10 combined.  I'd never played either of these, so it's fun to see all of the bits of Zelda lore that I missed.  Can't wait for the "A Link to the Past" remake coming out this winter.

"Did you go to the gym when you were alive?"
"I died in 1938. For exercise, we drank sloe gin and smoked Lucky Strikes."
- Dead Like Me

Xbox360: Just finished The Witcher 2, and am debating a second playthrough to see the "other" side of the story.  Anyone played this and want to argue in favor (or against)?  I also have Bioshock Infinite waiting for me, so I may go ahead with that first and then come back to TW2.

Play Bioshock Infinite!!