Forums are back in action! ×

I was so motivated until a few days ago, now not so much.

the right salad sauce can make a world of difference! I recommend 2 tablespoons of honey msutard, 3 tablespoons of sherry vinegar and 4 tablespoons of neutral tasting oil. With that brand of honeymustard a friend pointed out to me i could die for the stuff.

Oh and Bacon! Every salad is better with bacon!

There is one rule, above all others, ... Whatever comes, face it on your feet.

Robert Jordan, The Great Hunt

Lvl 2 Half-Elf Ranger

STR:4 | DEX:2.5 | STA:5 | CON:3 | WIS:5 | CHA:3

Daily Grind

Story of a Ranger: 1st chapter, 2nd chapter, 3rd chapter, 4th chapter

I have a ridiculously sensitive stomach, acid reflux and ibd, therefore sometimes I just feel sick and the thought of food makes it worse. I have to force myself to eat something though or the pain is unbelievable. It has gotten a bit better since getting off the fast food, but I still have bad days. My salads, which is lunch almost every day are packed, good fats and protein included, and big. Breakfast has gotten kinda boring but I haven't found good alternatives yet, anything but eggs leaves me hungry an hour later. Dinner is highly variable, and my snacks are usually a piece of fruit or yogurt.

And in this existence, I'll stay persistent

And I'll make a difference, and I will have lived it- MFTP

Battle Log

Almonds are a secret tip if you need to sneak in more claories. they are tasty and hae very high calories. You can either eat them as a snack. or crack a few into small pieces and sprinkle a salad or yogurt with them

There is one rule, above all others, ... Whatever comes, face it on your feet.

Robert Jordan, The Great Hunt

Lvl 2 Half-Elf Ranger

STR:4 | DEX:2.5 | STA:5 | CON:3 | WIS:5 | CHA:3

Daily Grind

Story of a Ranger: 1st chapter, 2nd chapter, 3rd chapter, 4th chapter

A big salad, with fats and protein only coming in at 200 calories? That sounds very low. 1oz chicken breast alone is 47 calories and a serving is 3-4oz. 1tbsp olive oil is 120 calories.

I understand about the stomach issues. Part of my my breakfast is usually just fruit I pick at until lunch is because my stomach will wholesale reject anything some days. When you wake up dry heaving it isn't pleasant to think about food, much less eat it! Greasy food? We won't talk about how quickly that tends to evacuate itself. There have been a few close calls.

Human Adventurer

Str: 3 | Dex: 2 | Sta:2 | Con:3 | Wis:3 | Cha:2

I've got no strings to hold me down, to make me smile or make me frown...

Almonds are a secret tip if you need to sneak in more claories. they are tasty and hae very high calories. You can either eat them as a snack. or crack a few into small pieces and sprinkle a salad or yogurt with them

Everyone says that, but my small list of foods I can not stomach, ever, are almonds, coconut, and hazelnut. Like I can't even smell them. Makes people crazy lol.

Battle Log

I guess I will have to go back to meticulous accounting and see what's really going on. I did it for a few weeks and got obsessed. I have a base knowledge of what things are, calorie wise and figured that would get me through (my food list doesnt change much each day) but maybe that's not good enough.

Battle Log

A sensitive tummy certainly makes things tricky. I used to battle constant nausea until i gave up gluten.

Have you ever done an elimination diet? It takes some work to plan, but if you can get rid of some of your issues it would be worth it. 

There's tons of things that could be the culprit without causing instant reactions. Gluten, dairy, nightshades, fibre...

Level 2 Wood Elf Druid Str 5| Dex 7 |Sta 3| Con 5.5| Wis 11.5 | Cha 3.5 

A sensitive tummy certainly makes things tricky. I used to battle constant nausea until i gave up gluten.

Have you ever done an elimination diet? It takes some work to plan, but if you can get rid of some of your issues it would be worth it. 

There's tons of things that could be the culprit without causing instant reactions. Gluten, dairy, nightshades, fibre...

All of the above please? Just about everything I eat causes an inflammatory response in my body somewhere, skin, stomach...etc. When I eat is just as important as what too. If I go to bed hungry I'm sick in the morning, but too close to bed I'm up a few hours later. Right now I'm working on finding the balance between what I eat and how I feel. It is improving, my bad days are much fewer. I have semi-successfully been off prednisone for 7 weeks, that wasn't even an option for the better part of last year. 

Battle Log

Have you seen a naturopath for your stomach issues? If you can find a good one that deals with gastrointestinal issues, I'll bet he or she could help figure out what's causing you trouble. Maybe you need to do a cleanse of some kind.

By any chance, have you cut out all GMOs from your diet? Because those can wreck havoc in your body.

Princess Ranger - Level 1

First Challenge Thread

2STR | 3DEX | 4STA | 5CON | 3WIS | 5CHA

My Fitness Pal | Exercise Diary | My Epic Quest

Hey, thanks for checking in! I have way more good days than bad, so I'm doing better. Working on realizing it's the long term that's most important. There is another girl at work trying to "diet", so I'm focusing a bit on being a good example for her. That's helping me also. 

Battle Log

It's not too late!  You couldn't ask for a more supportive community.  I think you should reconsider.  Accept the challenge, join an accountabilibuddies group, and they will help you define your goals. 

Do you know that perfectionism and fear of failure are intertwined?  We think we have to do it perfectly or we should not do it all.  But that's not healthy!  You have to give yourself permission to fail.  What's important is to TRY, and if you fail, TRY AGAIN!  You'll never achieve perfection, but you can certainly move yourself down the path further than you are right now.  Come on, give it a try, what's the worse thing that could happen?  We're all cheering for you!

Have you read this article yet?  

Level 3 High Elf Enchanter in Half-Orc Illusion RAWR!

STR 2.5 : DEX 2 : STA 2 : CON 2.5 : WIS 5 : CHA 3.5First Challenge     Second Challenge     Current Challenge

Hi Porchcricket,

Have you signed up yet?? Come on, you know you want to. It's all fun after all.

I think you should have a goal of failing at one thing everyday. Only joking.. I think I just made some counselor somewhere cry with my bad advice :redface:

Every little habit formed is a step on your road to glory!

Path%20to%20success.jpg

How about a fun goal...

- Try one new thing every day

- Cook a new recipe once a week

- Put a buck in a jar every time you criticize yourself for something, at the end of 6 weeks take all the money and donate it to your favorite charity or buy dinner for a homeless person or buy a coffee for everyone you work with, or just random strangers and turn that negativity into something awesome.

- spend 30 mins every day learning a new language

You'd be more than welcome in my accountabilibuddies group, Courage, wisdom and power!

Level 10 - Ironborn sellsword        Weight loss goal: 90kg --> 70kg      Endurance goal: non-stop 5km       Power goal: 10 full form pushups

Find me: My Fitness Pal | Fitbit | Feb 16 challenge

"I don't want to have a dozen sons. I want to have adventures" ~ Asha Greyjoy

The other day I was put in a several day long situation where eating healthy was nearly impossible, and exercise was limited to doing lunges and squats when I wasn't in anyone's way, since then, it's been like 3 days and I'm still eating poorly and not working out.. I'm having motivational issues at the moment myself. T_T

^ That. While I don't agree with everything Eliott puts forward some of the stuff is incredibly insightful and at least some good food for thought and especially that one nailed it IMO.

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.†- Vince Lombardi

Wolf, level 1 Vampire assassinSTR 2|DEX 3|STA 2|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2

Wolfish Philosophy

Current challenge

Archived