Forums are back in action! ×

The New Guy

My name is Brian and I am from Buffalo, New York. I played baseball throughout college and was at 205-210. I had to stick around an extra year for school and barely worked out and added some pounds. I reached 230, and have lost some lbs, but would like to get down to 200. Very motivated and looking to get on the grind.

If anyone has any tips on small exercises you can do at your desk (I work in front of a computer) would be greatly appreciated.

Well, I don't do exercises at my desk, but I do walk the long way everywhere I go.  I don't call a coworker, I walk to their office to talk to them.  It adds up.  I usually manage 7000 steps by the time I get home from work.  If you go to the nerd fitness tab/resources, you'll find the beginner body weight and hotel room workouts, which can be done at home with no special equipment.  But the key to losing weight is what you eat.  Head for the healthy eating guide on the resources page.  Welcome in - join the challenge if you like - it's okay that it already started. 

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

The Angry Birds workout is specifically tailored for people who have desk jobs and busy schedules. You might want to look at that one as well.

I can especially vouch for the Beginner Body Weight Workout. I tried it. It took all of ten minutes to do three circuits and I got a better workout than 2-3 hour long gym sessions going from machine to machine.

Level 2 Human Ranger

STR [5] DEX [4.25] STA [3] CON [4] WIS [6] CHA [6.25]

Current Challenge

My Introduction

"Blood and sweat washes away pain and fear."

Current Challenge Goals:

Archived