Forums are back in action! ×

Figured I might as well say hi.  Just signed up.  Nothing too spectacular.  Probably the same-old, same-old story as a lot of other people.  Just turned 28 a week ago.  I live in San Antonio, TX.  Realized i had a fitness problem when i was pushing 250 lbs, and could run MAYBE 1/4 mile without being winded.  Started doing my own thing, without any real plan.  Cut out sodas.  Cut out sweet tea (a tough one).  Avoided white bread.  Didn't really change much else.  Started doing a bit of running, too.  Didn't know any better, and thought the only way to drop lbs was to run them off.  6 months after that I had dropped down to 210-215 lbs.  And ran my first 5k with a time of 33 minutes.  Since then, I've been in a slump.  Haven't had any real motivation in my life.  I just kinda settled back in to where I was pre-weight loss.  I am not gaining, and i'm not losing.  Just maintaining the 210.

And I guess thats it.  I'm just looking to find out what its going to take to get me out of this slump, and down to my target weight of 190, with a BF % around 15.

"The world meets nobody halfway. When you want something, you gotta take it." -Lincoln Hawk, Over The Top.

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/39221-getting-strong-now-gijoes-battle-log/

Well, first congratulate yourself for making some sensible changes in your life and losing a lot of weight.  Head to the Nerd Fitness resources and read up on the guide to healthy eating and look at some of the workouts till one looks interesting.  You might like to join the next challenge - go to the 6 week challenge tab and read the FAQs.  Good luck.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Yes! Welcome! What sort of exercisey things do you enjoy?

Well, I'd like to start doing some heavy barbell training.  Been surfing craigslist trying to find a good deal on a power cage.  I may end up settling for a standard bench setup for now though, and just keep the weights down in a safe manageable range.  For now though, I've been concentrating on some basics.  Pushups and neutral grip pullups mainly.  Just trying to get myself use to being in a routine again.

Current max reps:

Neutral grip pullups - 6

nose to floor pushups - 24

So I definitely have a long ways to go, but its a good place to start.

"The world meets nobody halfway. When you want something, you gotta take it." -Lincoln Hawk, Over The Top.

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/39221-getting-strong-now-gijoes-battle-log/

Nice!

I still cannot do a pullup. I *might* be able to get 1 neutral grip, and I can inconsistently hit one chin, but...that's it. I only have a week and a half to meet that challenge goal! I thought for sure I'd be able to do it - I'm sososososoosososososo close.

Pushups...I think I can do 10 in a set :D

I'd love to get myself some weights and do everything at home. Maybe someday.

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

I've been stuck at 6 neutral grips for a while now.  I'm unsure on chin-ups or conventional pullups.  I did a pretty intensive pullup workout yesterday trying to get over my hump.  So hopefully after resting today, i'll hit my number tomorrow.  And if I do, i'll see what i can knock out in chin ups and standard pullups as well.

Also, the pushup routine i'm starting will be pretty much all elevated feet pushups.  I get bored doing a ton of anything, so i'm trying to increase the intensity in other ways.

Hey guys, I realize that this workout has been around a while, but you might try P90X.  I like it, even though I don't have a pullup bar, I just have resistance bands.  But it is definitely not boring!  Many different kinds of pushups, different types of cardio,leg work, back work, arm work... Might be up your alley, if you haven't tried it already.

Archived