Forums are back in action! ×

Worst part about loosing weight.

For me it's constantly mooning people and having to retire my favorite clothes (which are sometimes more like security blankets than clothing)... I HATE shopping (and would rather have root canals without sedation/pain medication than shop for new clothing especially undergarments).... but more i don't to specially order my bras i can shop at normal stores

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

And don't even get me started on bras, or shoes. Ugh!

Don't get me wrong, I love nice clothes, nice undies, and shoes. It's just the difficulties I have in finding any that actually fit :( I think I just have a weird body. And feet. Definitely weird feet ;)

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

You say this like its a bad thing? Skirts let you show off all those squats and deads. If a guy does this he's Scottish or asked to go home and change.

There's a guy in my office who wears a skirt on occasion. It's black, I swear it's by Dickies... it might be a kilt, but I'm really not sure.

this person really wants to delete their account but can't because it's not allowed.

There's a guy in my office who wears a skirt on occasion. It's black, I swear it's by Dickies... it might be a kilt, but I'm really not sure.

Could be a Utilikilt

If that is the case, it's probably the same one I have.

Anyone else get pissed when they've lost down into a new size and clothes that say they're that size don't fit? I mean. I was used to getting XXL or XXXL, but now that I fit very comfortably into an XL, sometimes XL's don't actually fit. They've lied to me.

Level 2 Dwarven Noob, Bluff Conqueror

STR: 3 DEX: 0 STA: 4 CON: 4 WIS: 0 CHA: 2

Challenge thread! | Battle log!

Plus, it's only a kilt if there's nothing on underneath :playful:

Not even a blue ribbon?

If that is the case, it's probably the same one I have.

Anyone else get pissed when they've lost down into a new size and clothes that say they're that size don't fit? I mean. I was used to getting XXL or XXXL, but now that I fit very comfortably into an XL, sometimes XL's don't actually fit. They've lied to me.

I have to try on everything now. I've found several glaring differences between what some people consider 'xtra'

The worst part about losing weight? Continuing having to watch what you eat so you don't regain. I never cared about what or how much I ate before. 

LEVEL 3 Human Scout - obsessive smiley user 

"That's the best part, the outside is new, but now it reflects what's already in you" - Legally blonde the musical

One thing that bothers me is when people see that I've lost weight is they want to list all the things they are doing that is "healthy" to make themselves feel better.

"Oh, you look great! I'm taking vitamins and worked out a couple days ago, you know"

Happened twice to me this last week, there's no need for anyone to justify themselves to anyone but themselves.

But then again, most of the time they're excuses.

How about a flip side?  When suddenly after months of losing weight through a decent caloric deficit you determine that you want to build muscle... and have to eat significantly more calories than your body current is accustom to having.

Seriously, I got pretty chill with eating ~1800 calories a day for the past few months on top of my exercise, and now that I want to build up some muscle I find I Should be eating ~2400 net to just maintain my weight.  So figure with my workouts I should eat ~2600 calories daily, and I'm left shaking my head and wondering how I'm going to eat this all.

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

Worst parts of losing weight:

My FEET have shrunk!  I used to wear a size 8.5, sometimes a 9 depending on the shoe. I'm now wearing a 7.5, or 7. My sneakers are a size 8, and I'm not buying new ones despite how big they are, because they cost me 90 bucks and I refuse to buy new sneakers.  I've donated too many pretty shoes, so right now, I'm not buying super cute shoes until the weight thing stabilizes.  84 lbs gone, still have a good 40 to 55 more to go, so I make do with cheap plain shoes.

My clothes. They all fit weird.  My butt and thighs are shrinking, and so is my waist, but my hips don't seem to be budging, and my belly is getting flatter but now I've got disgusting skin and seeing myself in the mirror is getting harder and harder. I'm hoping strength training will help with that.

I'm cold ALL the time. ALL OF THE TIME. This was one of the things I noticed right away, and everytime a friend would go get the WLS like lapband or stomach sleeve, I'd tell them to prepare to be cold all the time and have sweaters wherever they go. I keep sweaters in my car and at my office, just in case I'm suddenly chilly.

Initially, my face was thinning out and my double chin had disappeared. But then I lost another 18 or so pounds, and suddenly I have a double chin again. Huh? 

These are all super shallow things to complain about, I know. But they are unexpected issues I've come across. I can't wait to see what else becomes an issue as I lose more weight :)

Xeph Ranger

Misu gets good at getting out of fire - My very first challenge!

Full Metal Penguins - Because I need backup

Battle Log - Proof I can dodge walls of fire

"What happens to you doesn't define you - how you react does."

My clothes. They all fit weird.  My butt and thighs are shrinking, and so is my waist, but my hips don't seem to be budging, and my belly is getting flatter but now I've got disgusting skin and seeing myself in the mirror is getting harder and harder. I'm hoping strength training will help with that.

I had some pretty gross looking skin flaps, arms, love handles, legs.... I found that strength training really helped. My arms are now pretty tight, legs have toned right up, but I still have flappy love handles remaining. It's just a matter of time, and depending on your age how long it will take.

reading up on the subject suggested drinking lots of water, and eating more avocado... Win win!~

Currently lost in Fitness.

Okay, so this one is more humorous than annoying/frustrating, but I had a friend tease that she was disappointed that she can't to second base with me anymore on account of my man boobs going away  :playful:  I about fell on the floor from laughter!

On the more serious side, it gets frustrating when my coworkers ask for advice on losing weight. When they find out I am doing it the "hard way" (i.e. the right way) they just kinda say "oh" and walk away looking disappointed that there isn't an "easy" way.

Level 3 Bearded Assassin

Str: 10     Dex: 9     Sta: 6     Con: 7     Wis: 4     Cha: 3

Current Challenge: Respawn    Past Challenges: 1 2 3

Daily Battle Log   Album

"I'm not losing weight. I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of ever finding it again."

Yes the cold thing.  Because of the cold thing I've regularly started wearing a hat and scarf.  Which I was very glad for after an unfortunate series of events that left me in a cornfield in the middle of nowhere with a blown out tire in the middle of the night locked out of said car with a flat...   

I was very happy to have that hat and scarf.  Even had I not lost the weight I think my ears and nose wound not have made it out as well as they did.

"By trying to please everyone he had pleased no one, and lost his ass in the bargain." - Aesop 2,500 years ago.
Level 4 Half Ogre Ranger
STR 6|DEX 4|STA 13|CON 11|WIS 5|CHA 8
Zombies, Run! Profile

You say this like its a bad thing? Skirts let you show off all those squats and deads. If a guy does this he's Scottish or asked to go home and change.

Not scottish, wear a kilt occasionally (an Irish regional one rather than a scottish clan one), never been asked to go home and change.  You'd be amazed what you can get away with if you act like it's no big deal.

Also on original point.  First tough mudder in november = easy.  One year later and about 20-30kg of fat down doing the spartan beast = mummy hug me.

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

I've always been cold so I didn't notice any more coldness happening to me. I think I have actually started to warm up! I noticed a reasonable difference in my heart rate at the doctors in the I usually rested about 60 and now I'm resting about 70. Maybe this means my circulation is getting better.

Starting weight: 195    Now weight: 160

A past will chase you if you try to escape from it, but once you confront it, it's just an old memory inside you.