Forums are back in action! ×

Baby Steps

My scale just is not moving, but for the first time I DON'T CARE!  I have been working the Beginner Body Weight workout for about a week and a half now, MWFs. First time I could not do a real pushup, could not even do them on my knees. I did wall pushups. Could not keep moving through the jumping jacks. I'd get through maybe five and have to stop and catch my breath. Yesterday I managed 4 real pushups on my first circuit and 7 on my second for a total of ELEVEN whole pushups! (the rest I did on my knees to keep going!) I also did not stop once on my jumping jacks. It felt easy to move through 30! I am amazed at how much stamina and energy I have gained recently. These may seem like little things, but they are not to me. I can tell that I am building myself up each time and I can't wait to move on to bigger things! One of the best parts? All four of my kids wanted to try the moves too, so they did them with daddy last night. I'm inspiring them!!

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.†― Henry Ford

Epic Quest

First Challenge          Second Challenge         Third Challenge

Congrats! Sometimes when I look back I realize that the little things actually ment a lot in the grand scheme of things. They're what keeps the momentum going. And being a positive inspiration for your kids? That must be the best thing ever.

Level 2 Windspren Ranger. Syl for short :)
STR 3.5 | DEX 1.5 | STA 2.5 | CON 1.5 | WIS 2.5 | CHA 2.5

My first 6 Week Challenge thread

“And so, does the destination matter? Or is it the path we take? I declare that no accomplishment has substance nearly as great as the road used to achieve it. We are not creatures of destinations. It is the journey that shapes us. Our callused feet, our backs strong from carrying the weight of our travels, our eyes open with the fresh delight of experiences lived.†-- Brandon Sanderson, The Way of Kings

Fantastic! Those are great feelings, yes?  :peaceful:  And just think - all you have to do is show up and do the workout - just be faithful - and your body will improve even more. Isn't it cool? Stay faithful!

OrcWarrior

Current challenge  6 5 4 3 2 1 Favorite recipes

Level 4 ranger  Str 13 Dex 4 Sta 12 Con 12 Wis 11 Cha 5

“Success is not final...Failure is not fatal...it's the courage to continue that counts†-Winston Churchill

"One step at a time, I can walk around the world. Watch me." -Aral Vorkosigan, Barrayar, 1991

congrats on your pushups! it's great that you're inspiring the kids to workout too :D

Redcat, Hero of Rivertown (once known as Teabunneh)

Shapeshifter | Scout | Lvl 2 STR +4 | DEX +2 | STA +6 | CON +7 | WIS +7 | CHA +2Vanquished Challenges: 1 Current ChallengeA Tale of TeaRunning Paleo; Accountability group: Shiny New Scouts

"Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right." - Henry Ford