Forums are back in action! ×

What's your beauty routine ?

I'm new to the dress bandwagon, but I'm loving it for all the above stated reasons. As for being able to karate kick coworkers I say that's what opaque tights are for. Hi-YA!

That! I have never worn a pair of pants that would let me do that anyway--they would all rip or trip me.  And as for leg-crossing...most of my dresses/skirts are below-knee length, so they don't show much. The ones that are shorter are pencil skirts so there's no room to move to cross my legs.

To each their own, though! Pants work better and look better on some people. I feel like my body was made for dresses.

That! I have never worn a pair of pants that would let me do that anyway--they would all rip or trip me.  And as for leg-crossing...most of my dresses/skirts are below-knee length, so they don't show much. The ones that are shorter are pencil skirts so there's no room to move to cross my legs.

To each their own, though! Pants work better and look better on some people. I feel like my body was made for dresses.

I always fall into that "boyish" category. Collared shirts look atrocious on me because I don't have a lot on top and my waist is mostly straight. So I don't add anything to an already boxy style. Dresses are the same. Everyone gushes, "wrap dressed look great on every body!" Erm, no, not a 10 year old boys body.

Amazon Warrior

29, F, 5'11 ft, 159lbs

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5

I definitely have the easiest beauty routine I've ever heard of: get up, slam a glass of water, then down a cup of coffee; throw on PTs, drive to PT, fall in, march to gym, PT until 0800, drive home; make and drink protein shake, throw PTs in washer, get in shower, shampoo, rinse, rub face vigorously with nothing but water, get out of shower, towel down, flip hair upside down and apply Aussie Hair gel/leave-in conditioner mix, detangle hair (mostly) with fingers, stand upright and tie hair into a bun, brush teeth, deodorize, put on ACUs, tug on boots, grab coffee thermos and drive back to post.

I wear no makeup 90% of the time, but sometimes I feel especially pretty and will put on some Maybelline dark brown mascara. A couple times a year I've even worn Bare Minerals powder eyeliner! :-P

Does some military allow its troops to wear makeup? When I was in the service, the girls were getting into trouble all the time because of it.

Friends who lift together stay together. Let's be friends.

Does some military allow its troops to wear makeup? When I was in the service, the girls were getting into trouble all the time because of it.

They do allow it, so long as we maintain "a natural,  professional appearance". But I haven't seen many female soldiers who do wear makeup actually abiding by that. Personally, I just don't have the time for any kind of makeup routine, which is why I tend to avoid it!

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!

I'll outline my every other day mornings since this is when I shave, shampoo, and use conditioner (~30-45 minute process total):

- curse alarm clock

- a wake up splash of water to the face

- face scrub and rinse with hot water

- fill sink with hot water, add a bit to my shaving soap cup, put cup in hot water

- hot shower

--- shampoo and rinse

--- conditioner (also applying to face before shaving) and rinse

--- bar of soap to the body (sometimes I'll go with body wash to mix it up) and rinse

- dry off the body

- pre-shave cream

- get a good lather of shaving soap going in my cup and apply to face

- put the good ole safety razor to use

- rinse with cold water and dry face

- face moisturizer

- apply deodorant

- hair thickening treatment for my poor hair

- apply hair product (a generic form of Paul Mitchell's Wax Works)

- iron shirt for the day while watching The Fresh Prince :)

- brush and floss teeth

- spray on a bit of cologne

- pants, shirt, shoes, tie, and out the door

Of course, all of this is normally pretty rushed. I hate mornings!

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

I love that I am not the only chick to have rediscovered the joys and freedom that dresses bring. After dropping a ton of weight, and now my body is reshaping thanks to strength training, dresses really are the best invention EVAR. They are the most forgiving - hiding the stuff I'm not yet cool with people seeing, showing off the stuff I am totally cool with people seeing (like my arms and legs, which are toning up rather nicely, and my newly emerging collar bones!)

My beauty routine is relatively simple, I think.

Shower every morning (and after my workouts, which are in the afternoon, so I tend to shower twice a day)

Wash hair only every other day (naturally curly hair, don't wash it every day, curly hair is naturally dry anyway, overwashing kills it), deep condition it

Shave (I also shave my arms, I just like to be smooth), and use moisturizing body wash (morning shower) and Lever 2000 (after workouts)

I have a clarisonic, so I use it to exfoliate my face every 3 or so days. 

I use cetaphil gentle skin cleanser on a daily basis (super sensitive skin here, its the only thing I can use)

I have pretty clear skin thank goodness, so I don't do makeup beyond mascara and lipstick (red, always red)

On days I wake up looking like a raccoon, I will use a tiny bit of bb cream under my eyes and on my eyelids, and that does the trick (L'oreal's bb cream is wonderful)

Brush my teeth 

Pedis about every one or two weeks, moisturize my feet when I remember

Nails, lately since I've been doing strength training, there really is no reason to attempt to grow them long and paint them, so I keep them short with a nice clear top coat. The few times I've tried to use color, it simply chips at the gym. My toes get the color now.

And that's pretty much it.  It works for me :)

Xeph Ranger

Misu gets good at getting out of fire - My very first challenge!

Full Metal Penguins - Because I need backup

Battle Log - Proof I can dodge walls of fire

"What happens to you doesn't define you - how you react does."

I currently am only in school and all my classes start at 10 or later, so it is:

Get up whenever or when alarm goes off at 9:30

if up earlier than 930

*splash my face with water and go eat breakfast and laze about until 9

*at 9 brush my teeth

*wash my face 

*moisturizer

*perhaps makeup, if I am not feeling lazy (toner, concealer powder, foundation powder, blush, perhaps eyeliner,eyeshadow, and mascara)

*choose an outfit

*walk to class

If I sleep until my alarm

*brush my teeth

*wash my face 

*completely forget moisturizer

*throw on what ever I grab first

*grab a protein bar

*run to class

My routine is sort of split between the evening after workouts and the morning when I wake up. Each of these takes about fifteen minutes if I do it right.

After workout: Laze about eating a snack and feeling proud of myself/sweaty and disgusting. Get in shower finally. Shampoo, conditioner, face scrub, face wash, body wash. Think about shaving. Don't. Get out. Moisturize. Brush teeth and hair.

In the morning: Flip on the coffee. Wash and moisturize face. Stick head under bath faucet to get rid of bedhead. Brush teeth and hair. Put on makeup (BB cream, powder, bronzer, eyeliner, mascara, and brows). Go drink coffee and be happy.

When showering in evenings (I usually shower every 2-3 days)

- Currently trying This Thing Here for hair. Lacking several ingredients, so I'll fix that and try more seriously.

The thing with baking soda wasn't going well in that, so I went to the drugstore and lo! and behold, there was the Dr. Bronner's soap. And now my hair loves it. It took a week of getting used to (both for my hair and for my process), but now I feel quite nice. I got the almond and it smells delicious and I use it for everything, so there are no complicated bottles to juggle. (Though I'm using up my old conditioner on shaving my legs.)

Also oil acne cleanse has reasserted itself in my mind as the bomb. I used it in high school and then abandoned it for some mysterious reason, and have had an angry relationship with my skin ever since. Funny coincidence, that. Everything's cooperating now that I've gone back to it. :)

My routine is sort of split between the evening after workouts and the morning when I wake up. Each of these takes about fifteen minutes if I do it right.

After workout: Laze about eating a snack and feeling proud of myself/sweaty and disgusting. Get in shower finally. Shampoo, conditioner, face scrub, face wash, body wash. Think about shaving. Don't. Get out. Moisturize. Brush teeth and hair.

In the morning: Flip on the coffee. Wash and moisturize face. Stick head under bath faucet to get rid of bedhead. Brush teeth and hair. Put on makeup (BB cream, powder, bronzer, eyeliner, mascara, and brows). Go drink coffee and be happy.

This is, by far, the most important part of the routine.  I will go without makeup, I will wrangle my bedhead into a bun instead of bothering to fix it, but I'll be damned if I skip coffee.

My morning routine is pretty odd, I get up realllllly early to make my husband breakfast. That's when the coffee gets made and lunches get packed (as well as dishes- who does dishes at 4 in the morning? this girl). Then after he leaves, I workout, drink my green smoothie (it is my reward for actually working out), shower, brush teeth, and go back to bed for my 90 minute nap (unless my daughter has football practice, 2-a-days suck for everyone).

I make soap as a hobby so right now my shower has an awesome coconut salt bar that leaves my skin feeling absolutely amazing and I use that on body and face. I only wash my hair every few days, so on other days I just put it in a bun for my shower. 

When I get up the second time I am rushing to get dressed (love dresses, I am just trying to go back down on the scale now, and they work well at both ends of my spectrum). If I have time I use BB cream some eyeliner, eye shadow and mascara. If not, the two people I work with never say anything. Then it is grab my travel mug of coffee and my lunch and out the door.

I love my summer routine, as the days shorten up it all changes and isn't nearly as enjoyable - I should be good for about another month...

Alarm goes off - roll over and give hubby a short backrub - rollover and he gives me one, or just a cuddle

Up to make coffee!

Hubby takes first cat for a walk (they can't go together or they mess with each other and no walking gets done) while I make lunch

Cook/eat breakfast while hubby takes second cat for a walk

We go outside and either go for a run in the forest or workout in the yard. If yard workout, I get a second cup of coffee - pure bliss!

Grab a dress from the closet (I am in summer dress heaven!), 5 or 6 pair of sandles live in my truck full-time, so no need to worry about shoes

Drive 50 minutes to town, grab a shower at the fitness club

- shampoo/condition

- shave legs and underarms

- wash body

- dry off

- apply lotion

- dress

- finger comb hair, squirt some anti-frizz stuff on it (naturally curly), dry my bangs

- apply mascara

Drive to work (5 minutes), get more coffee and eat my Greek yogurt & fresh fruit while I read email

I've been roughly the same size forever, and dresses are really forgiving so even the larger ones fit well enough - I have about 20 and as someone else said - just grab the next one in line. My rule, never pay more than $20 for a summer dress, at Ross I often get them for $15 or less. I wear dresses all winter too - so easy, just add tights and instead of 5 pair of sandles in my truck, there are 5  pair of boots.

M2M

- Do something everyday!

First challenge: Avoiding the Demons of Autumn