Forums are back in action! ×

The tale of the tiny pants...

So I have this pair of stretch skinny jeans, size 10L, that I haven't ever been able to wear comfortably. They were a gift for my 22nd birthday, and were a bit snug, but i wore them. Over the next year i steadily gained weight, until I remember last December I pulled them out of my closet after not trying them on for awhile. I figured they'd be a little smaller, nbd. Well, It took several jumps to get them up over my thighs and when I finally got them pulled up they were about 4 inches from even zipping. I stood in place (there was no way I was getting into a sitting position in those) and just cried. For several minutes. And then I pulled on some sweatpants. The next day I started my health journey.

I've lost weight and inches consistently since then and have watched my clothes get looser and looser, but every time I picked up those jeans I would almost physically shudder remembering how awful it felt to put them on and I'd put them back in the closet. I didn't want to put them on again and realize that I hadn't made any progress.

Last night I was almost entirely out of clean laundry. I had one shirt clean, my favorite shirt, and those godforsaken skinny jeans. THE jeans. The jeans that were muffin toppy at the best of times. I briefly considered not going out, decided that was stupid, and got angry. I was angry that I was scared of a stupid pair of pants. I was angry I had been avoiding a few yards of fabric for 8 months. I said fuck it. And I put on those pants.

They slid up my thighs and over my hips and before I knew it they were zipped. And they looked GOOD. They looked better than they ever had when they "fit", and I put on my favorite Gallifrey shirt and walked out the door feeling better about my body than I have in years.

tl;dr version: my old pants fit again!!!!

P.S. they made my butt look AWESOME

"I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul" -WEH

• Current Challenge: The 6 Labors
  • Level 5 Amazon Assassin

Mandy, you are my hero!! 

P.S.:  great job on the awsome butt!!!!! :tickled_pink:  :triumphant:

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

Awesomeness! Great feeling to get a big win where you suffered a painful ego blow! Woot! Woot!  :encouragement:

OrcWarrior

Current challenge  6 5 4 3 2 1 Favorite recipes

Level 4 ranger  Str 13 Dex 4 Sta 12 Con 12 Wis 11 Cha 5

“Success is not final...Failure is not fatal...it's the courage to continue that counts†-Winston Churchill

"One step at a time, I can walk around the world. Watch me." -Aral Vorkosigan, Barrayar, 1991

I think pretty much all girls have a pair of those pants...

And some men as well. In the back corner of my cupboard there is a pair of jeans that I bought in 1994. And only wore twice. And plan on wearing next year.

Level 8 : Wizard Blacksmith 

[ STR 6 | DEX 6 | STA 5 | CON 5 | WIS 10 | CHA 4 ]

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

Adapt yourself to the things among which your lot has been cast

and love sincerely the fellow creatures with whom destiny has

ordained that you shall live.

-Marcus Aurelius

Congrats! That is awesome!

Lvl 8 ◠Half-Elf breaking free of an Ogre’s body ◠Ranger
STR 11.5; DEX 2; STA 19.5; CON 13; WIS 13; CHA 5
Fire Flower Power-up
“Things Do Not Happen. Things Are Made to Happen†– John F. Kennedy

My current challenge

2014 - My Year of Badassery (Battle Log)

Twitter

Instagram

Past Challenges:

#1; #2; #3; #4, #5, #6, #7, #8