Forums are back in action! ×

So glad I found this community!

Hello all!  I just recently stumbled upon this site and these forums, and I have to say that I am extremely excited about all of it.  I love how positive all of you are in helping each other reach a staggering variety of goals.  I am in no way new to fitness, but I am new to having a real community based around it.  

Just to give you the basics, I am a high school physics (and biology) teacher in California.  I also have had the wonderful opportunity to coach a high school mountain biking team for the last four years, and share my passion for all things mountain biking.  While I love to ride, I have never been very fit and I always wind up at the back of any group ride.  In fact, I am pretty shy about group rides because of how slowly I usually go.  

Also, I am a TOTAL mountain biking nerd! That means I love to look at data from my rides, I love to stop and analyze how I rode a section, I love to do endless skills drills, and I love to treat biking like a martial art that I want to perfect!  

The main reason I joined this community is that I have never been a very consistent person, and I let a lot of my life slide by without being truly enjoyed.  I hope that all of you can help me to become less passive and more active, the kind of person making the most out of each day and living intentionally.  That is the man I want to be, and the kind of father I want to become one day.  

Time for that first level!