Forums are back in action! ×

Move-around video games

So I've been thinking about getting a Wii.  There was a PS3-move game that caught my eye, but mostly I'm looking for something that will allow me escapism without being lazy.

What games take a high amount of energy and are fun?  I'm not tied to a system until I lose patience for not getting the cheapest one.  (That includes the games I would expect to buy.)

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

I have a wii with a balance board and wii fit plus personally it's alright for a while but it's something you get bored of, I do have just dance 4 which is a great work out (dying after one song) but I don't really use it on my own, seems to sit there until the family gets drunk enough that we will no longer be embarrassed being seen flailing around like a beached dolphin.

I think there are other games you can use the balance board with like skating and snowboard games but I've not tried them.

I have a ps3 with games that are move compatible but it doesn't look like you have to do a whole lot of moving around And wii games that simply use the wii controls could be good for exercise but you would have to force yourself to make the effort to get up and get into it because its pretty easy to play the wii with very little activity. I can imagine like sword fighting games (pirates of the Caribbean, legends of zelda etc) being pretty fun and better to escape into. I think wii sports resort also has a gladiator like games. Then there's boxing games etc. might have to look at some of these games myself.. Lol

Btw it's the wii I have not the WiiU so I can't comment on that. Good luck. Hope you find something fun.

Sorry if I've not been any help

I suppose I could supply my absolute cheapest options as comparison to not being totally cheap.

There is some sort of free DDR program for PC, and already have a collection of keyboards to trash.  Then there is getting a dancepad for PS2, Gamecube, or Xbox, and a game or two to go with it.

Getting a PS3 and accessories or Wii and accessories would be a new cost, plus the games.  Hubby is wanting a PS4, so rumors of a good movement game for it might sway me.

I weighted towards Wii vs PS3 because of pawn shop prices.

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

I have a PS3 and i've played EA sports 2.0 from time to time, it doesn't use move but rather comes with its own motion sensors (including a HRM) and a resistance band.

Not a bad workout actually, kinda fun and when i use it i break a good sweat, i should probably start using it again now that my back problems are (mostly) behind me !