Forums are back in action! ×

OOC: A Sticky Situation of Goblins and Spiders

Also the fact that I'm not confident about the rules and don't want to bother you all by continuously asking questions

no one is! Playing with beginners is fun, you guys don't know what to expect. You guys really don't need to know the mechanics, I'll be doing all the rolls when it comes to that, you guys just focus on the role playing.

That said, if you don't have the time, that's fine.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Im willing to give it a go But might be worth having someone willing to stand in just in case I suck (I know I'm self hating but I really don't want to ruin an awesome game for other people)

I'm reading the rules on my iPad but my comp is broken so I can't fill out the character sheet

Please give it a go! The rules do seem intense, but I'm more than happy to help new players (my pride as a DM is pulling lots of new people in the fun that is D&D), but have to admit even I'm rusty on 2nd ed - and that's where I started playing. If you'd like any assistance with your character sheet we can chat on gchat or something. :) And that goes for anyone who would like some help and doesn't want to bug the DM. ;)

Storytelling Rebel
| Blog | Twitter

"“You've seen my descent, now watch my rising." ~ Rumi

My main reason for joining is so that I can bug the DM. 

I'm gonna text the shit out of you, Corey.

--edit--

Also, thinking of putting together a cleric, once Corey releases the deity list. So, I can cover the healer role.

--more edits--

So wait, if my cleric throws on some armor, I lose 50% of my spell effectiveness? Say I cast something within my god's sphere, I'm only casting at 75% efficiency? So, my Cure only cures for 1d6 instead of 1d8 unless I go nakie...

You ever see those guys who look like they totally used to be in shape?
I'm working to get back to that...

My main reason for joining is so that I can bug the DM. 

I'm gonna text the shit out of you, Corey.

--edit--

Also, thinking of putting together a cleric, once Corey releases the deity list. So, I can cover the healer role.

--more edits--

So wait, if my cleric throws on some armor, I lose 50% of my spell effectiveness? Say I cast something within my god's sphere, I'm only casting at 75% efficiency? So, my Cure only cures for 1d6 instead of 1d8 unless I go nakie...

Yeah, I want healers and priests in my world to be more of the squishy types you see in many RPGs than the battle cleric you see in AD&D. I made the armor rule for hyrbid class type customizability so you can go be a half warrior like a cleric by throwing on some armor and wielding a mace, but you need to lose some magic power for balance. What the squishy clerics in my world get in return is access to more powerful wizard spells and casting abilities. So with no armor, your heal does more like 1d12 or something like that.

I considered having a godless world and having the healing spells just be another form of normal magic. Still haven't ruled it out.

My diety system is going to draw from the Faith of the Seven from Game of Thrones, but I don't think it's going to be multiple aspects of 1 god but actual seperate deities to support the whole multiple gods with multiple interests kind of thing. Each aspect will support those spell domains that support their purpose or interests, such as combat, guardian, and protection for The Warrior, protection and healing for the Mother, alteration, creation, and summoning for The Smith, necromancy and illusion for The Stranger, etc. I'm not going to limit my number of gods to these 7 as I think there isn't enough representation of nefarious or even neutral deities. I may add a few such as The Farmer for agriculture, The Assassin, The Warlord, The Scholar, The Woodsman etc. I just need to brainstorm to make sure there isn't overlap with others and there is a need for each one. each will also have their own special power, such as priests of The Warrior having less of a penalty from armor.

Feel free to offer suggestions through email and character building. This is all fluid as I've been wanting to create my own campaign setting for a very long time and I'm kinda going to create it as we go, I'm just trying to provide the basics for you guys so we can get started.

I'm planning on rolling a deity, Corey just has to tell me which one first.

- Rathrune

Not with those stats you're not.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

You should all have an email in your inbox going over the spell list, the domains they belong to, the gods, their alignments, their domains of access, and descriptions. I'm going to put together a diagram for what domains are connected for the purposes of accessing more domains as we go along, but I think I have everything you guys need to roll characters and create backgrounds. Let me know if you need any more info. Otherwise, start getting sheets to me and once I get a few I'll open up the game thread.

500 / 330 / 625

Please give it a go! The rules do seem intense, but I'm more than happy to help new players (my pride as a DM is pulling lots of new people in the fun that is D&D), but have to admit even I'm rusty on 2nd ed - and that's where I started playing. If you'd like any assistance with your character sheet we can chat on gchat or something. :) And that goes for anyone who would like some help and doesn't want to bug the DM. ;)

Thanks :) but I've decided I'm going to leave this game, focus on some real life stuff (just got into college part time woot!)

Sorry if its inconvenient but I think there's a few people who would happily take my place :)

2 weeks is the limit, but if you want to get role playing for fun before then get them in sooner.

500 / 330 / 625

how much of a back story are you looking for? I can whip up a quickie (1/2 a page) tonight or if you want indepth then I could probly bust out 3-6 pages by sunday.

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Nothing is ever easy." Zeddicus Zull Zorander

"Do or Do Not, There is no try" Yoda

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Bench: 195lbs

Squat: 245lbs

Deadlift: 295lbs

Total weight: 735lbs

Goal Weight 1000lbs

how much of a back story are you looking for? I can whip up a quickie (1/2 a page) tonight or if you want indepth then I could probly bust out 3-6 pages by sunday.

general idea, 1/2 page is plenty. It's more for you to form an idea of your character than for me to do anything with.

500 / 330 / 625

I will have mine in by this weekend as well.  I had been holding off to see what the group might need class wise but I will be going full on meat sheild as I believe we need that role filled.  Rough count in my head has the group with myself, a ranger, a bard and possibly two squishy/semi-squishy casters (clerics I believe).

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

Thanks guys.

So when am I gonna start getting some character sheets?

500 / 330 / 625

How closely are we to track the money flow for our characters?  Just trying to figure out if the initial outfitting is based upon our initial funds roll.

Yep. Initial funds are for initial equipment.

Also, does anyone have a sample character sheet that I can look at to see if I'm doing this right?

You have the template right? But yeah, j's should probably be plenty to lead you in the right direction.

500 / 330 / 625

I should have it in my recents.

500 / 330 / 625