Forums are back in action! ×

OOC: A Sticky Situation of Goblins and Spiders

Mitch, you're good to go too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Uhh, I think I sent off what schools I had chosen and updated my sheet to mage stats instead of cleric. Guess I never confirmed with you that I was finished. Sorry.
i don't think I have this...

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Ok, I'm just going to fess up and ask, what do we do know.  I ask because I believe pwallace posted once and it was different that what I just read that is there now.  I am not sure of how much license we have with our surroundings, conversations etc.......sorry for the super noobness but first play by post I have done.

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

Sorry bud, just re-shared the spreadsheet. Do you want a hard copy too?
Duh, never rechecked the spreadsheet. My bad. Not used to working with living documents.

500 / 330 / 625

Ok, I'm just going to fess up and ask, what do we do know. I ask because I believe pwallace posted once and it was different that what I just read that is there now. I am not sure of how much license we have with our surroundings, conversations etc.......sorry for the super noobness but first play by post I have done.
stop apologizing! We've got a lot of noobs, no questions are bad. You know what I told you about the areas. To start, assume little freedom with interfacing with NPCs. As for surroundings, you have a little, such as saying you jump over a cart in the street and what not.

Pwallace changed his post because he copied and pasted his intro post from his background and it wasn't the right time of day and he took a bit too much liberty with his surroundings.

500 / 330 / 625

Seth, good to go.

500 / 330 / 625

I will try and post today. So far every start has sounded awkward because of the pronoun dilemma. :)

Count yourself lucky, I always have issues with my dangling participle!  :playful: (wow have not been able to use a grammer joke in forever!)

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

Do we get our left over gold/silver after paying for initial equipment?  is it our "walking around" money?

Current Challenge

Do we get our left over gold/silver after paying for initial equipment? is it our "walking around" money?
yep!

500 / 330 / 625

Ok, I'm just going to fess up and ask, what do we do know.  I ask because I believe pwallace posted once and it was different that what I just read that is there now.  I am not sure of how much license we have with our surroundings, conversations etc.......sorry for the super noobness but first play by post I have done.

yeah that was my bad. took a few too many liberties. all fixed now. Ready for some adventure. BTW any one else feel like their posts are a little lacking after seeing Rathrune's work of art for his? How did you do that?

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Nothing is ever easy." Zeddicus Zull Zorander

"Do or Do Not, There is no try" Yoda

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Bench: 195lbs

Squat: 245lbs

Deadlift: 295lbs

Total weight: 735lbs

Goal Weight 1000lbs

I have a template for doing it that Rathrube uses. I'm happy to send it out with instructions, just email me requesting it.

I provide a 5% experience bonus for pretty posts as time allows, but please do not feel pressured to use it at all times. It takes some extra time to do it and post, so if the choice is between formatting a post, not posting, or posting with no format, please post with no format. As long as you make the post pretty once in awhile by adding the pictures, colors, or even just being very creative and in depth with the writing, you'll get the bonus.

500 / 330 / 625

Fancy post break-down:

1. Find a picture online that you feel best represents your character.  Typing in your race/class can bring up a lot of pictures in Google Images.  Save to hard drive.

2. Find an appropriate background for your post; texture pictures work online.  Save to hard drive.

3. Open Microsoft word.  Paste your background picture.  Right click your background picture and select "Wrap text" and choose "Behind text".  Stretch picture to fill entire page.

4. Click "Insert table."  It will ask you how many rows and columns you want.  Choose "1" for each.  Spam "Enter" until it fills the entire page and you will have the basic structure for your post.

5. Choose a background color for your table.  This is the "Paint Can" icon in Microsoft Word, close to the middle of the page.  This will give you the contrast against your background. 

6. Put in your text.  Choose a READER FRIENDLY color for your text.  I always choose 1 color for actions/descriptions and 1 color for thoughts/speech.  I always italicize thoughts and leave speech regular.  Thoughts should have 1 apostrophe, speech should have 2.  I.E.   'I might have to try this' he thinks to himself.          vs.     "Hey guys, I'm going to try this!"

7. After you put your text in, paste your character picture into the table.  Right click your character picture and hover over "Wrap Text" and select "Square."   This will cause your text to wrap itself around your picture....move your picture as wanted until you get the desired look. 

8. When the post is done and you like what you see, have run spell/check/grammar whatever......SAVE AS A PDF.   YES, SAVE AS A PDF. 

9. Go to www.zamzar.com which is a free file conversion website (necessary if you don't have license from Adobe, which I don't.  If you DO have license from Adobe, you can convert it right then and there I believe.  I believe Corey (the DM) has information on this.)  

10.  Choose the file you want to convert and choose the "JPG" file type to convert to. 

11.  After a few moments it will email you the converted file.  Make sure you use the link it provides you; aka read the email. 

12. Once you have the JPG file, go to a photo sharing site such as Photobucket (what I use). 

13.  Upload the JPG file to photobucket; once it is uploaded right click the picture and choose "View Image Info" and highlight and copy the URL.

14.  Come to Nerd Fitness, click the little picture Icon on the toolbar for the reply function.  It's a small green square and says "image" when you hover over it.

15.  Paste the URL into the text box and there you go!

Note: If your reply is more than 1 page long in Microsoft Word, you will have multiple "images" to Upload in Photobucket.  It's the same process though. 

I know it seems super complex but trust me, once you do it, it becomes VERY streamlined. 

I think the good posts/backgrounds/pictures add SO MUCH to the threads; truly gives it flavor, attractive appearance, and makes it much more lifelike for readers.  Obviously, all roleplaying is good, though!  Players shouldn't feel required but I get much more out of the game as a player when I post like that. 

Hope this helps!!  Any questions PM or ask her and I will do my best to respond promptly.

- Rathrune

The only difference i do is actually setting the page background as the background picture rather than pasting it and putting it behind the text. I have a doc set up with all this done so all anyone would have to do is replace the pictures.

500 / 330 / 625

Alright guys, once Seth posts we can have a little fun intro RP and get moving. Raev is getting married and honeymooning, we'll catch him up when he gets back. I don't know what he's making yet, but so far we have:

-Half-elf ranger

-Half-elf cleric

-Dwarf Fighter

-Human Fighter

-Human bard

-Elf Thief

jofalltrades: Your character is pretty much leading the band, you can have her stop anytime you want if that's your desire.

Any questions thus far?

500 / 330 / 625

No, I meant to get a post up Saturday but ended up being lazy all weekend. One will go up today at lunch as long as work doesn't get crazy.

500 / 330 / 625

Holy crap guys, way to start us out. Seth and Rathrune, please post actions.

For now, I'll leave it up to each of you to decide whether you want to do your own rolls, which should be submitted through the dice server, or if you want me to do them. Different actions will require different rolls. At the very least here, this includes 1d10 initiative in both your cases. Feel free to ask here what rolls are needed for various things. Attacks are 1d20, damage is per the weapon.

For unarmed combat, you can describe your attacks if you like. In this case the attack roll is 1d20 as normal with 1d2+ strength bonus for fists. Everyone is assumed proficient in basic fisticuffs. Opponents will use table 58 from the PHB.

500 / 330 / 625

Everyone else can post basic actions, but keep them in 5-10 second intervals so they are at proper pacing with the simple combat we have here.

500 / 330 / 625

It's an improvised blunt weapon, and will take a minor penalty. Nothing major though. You just roll as normal and I'll apply any modifiers behind the scenes.

500 / 330 / 625