Forums are back in action! ×

Meat and eggs from the cradle up, and a lemon a month

I don't want to be fat

I haven't wanted to be fat for three years. Ever since a broke out of my shell like a mountain man riding a flaming tiger whilst shooting a minigun I have hated my body. Only until half-way through my senior year, I was an introverted person, gaining more and more weight over the years. I didn't care at the time because I was content with being by myself, playing my games and watching my shows. Then, although I can't really place it, I became extremely extroverted. I changed my hair, changed how I interacted in class and with people, but never really changed my fitness or my eating habits. Earlier this year I had gotten my weight from 260 lbs to 228 lbs in a matter of 5 months by working out on and off. Never really committing but making progress. Then I just stopped for a while, and lost so much ground. Now I sit at 6' 2" at 248 lbs, and watching all my friends lose weight like it was going out of style and I want to do that too. I want to do that for me, for both myself and for my health. 

I also want to do it for my hobby. I am a reenactor. An American War for Independence reenactor. I portray a Gunner in HM Royal Regiment of Artillery. Being fit would help me in my hobby in more ways than one. In the 18th century, everything was tailored to a personal level. There were no sewing machines and the fashion was form fitting clothes (seriously, if you see anything from the 18th century that is really baggy. Its wrong.) Form fitting, while good looking for any man, looks better when you are of fit size. I don't want to be the double-chin reenactor dork anymore, my closest friends in the hobby are all in better shape than me. I don't want to be the largest of the group. I want to put my nose to the grind stone and make a difference. I want to feel good and look good. And personally, I want to look damn good.  

Not to mention it would make lugging a 750 lb cannon around easier.

Looking at the 15 mistakes book, I now know what I did wrong and that there is a community here to help me. I am an Overeager Beaver, a Vague Nebulator, an Accountability Slacker, a Scale watcher, a No-Fun-Haver, an Anti-Bulk Toner, and an Insanity Definer. But now I know, and knowing is half the battle.

The other half? Red and blue lasers.

So here I go, Going down the only road I've ever known. I have already started. My first workout was today. The first day is never hard for me, but the 8th and the 15th. The day coming back after the built-in day off. 

But now I'm going to be different, and drink water like it's my job.

btw: any other reenactors out there? Also, If you know what movie the Topic title is referencing I will telepathically send you a mental cookie.

Sounds like you have motivation in place.  Too bad you probably don't haul the cannon around very often.  Here's to needing to have your uniform taken in often.

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

"If there is anything in this world about which I know positively nothing, it is agriculture"

The biggest part is going out and getting the right foods, its 80% diet, 20% everything else.

or something like that, the diet part is what I struggle with most, its more convenient to eat with my parents when they cook foods right now.

So you want to get fit and one of the reasons is for your hobby of lugging a cannon around, I can see why that is an important thing to have in battles.  Unfortunately I think you are on the wrong side, and my have to worry about lugging the cannon through the mud before it dries at noon. 

There are many different people on here and I am sure that you will be able to find things to help with all you needs.  As I said before though, the biggest thing is diet in it all, and persistence, without persistence all is naught.  I would recommend doing things that I know should be doing and struggle with on a daily basis.  Try logging your food for a month, if it is to much to count calories and it overwhelms you just log what you eat, over time that can allow you to make better choices. Also check out some stuff with the Warriors, they like to lift heavy things and I think they lug around heavy objects too, so that would be great for your cannon.

And thanks for the quote, I had never heard it before and enjoyed a very good movie after looking it up. 

Briguy, level 2 STR 1|DEX 2|STA 1|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2[/TD][/TR][/TABLE] "Learn the principle, abide by the principle, and dissolve the principle. In short, enter a mold without being caged in it. Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!!" Bruce Lee "To Live by a principal is to live, do die with no principal you have not lived."

Battle Log   My Fitness Pal