Forums are back in action! ×

Ready to do this.... My way!!!

Hi everyone!

I'm new here so let me introduce myself. My name is Carolyn and I've been struggling with finding something healthy that will work for my personality and constantly changing schedule. I'm so glad that I found this website/community! It's been the most encouraging thing ever!!!! So I'm really looking forward to getting started with you all!

I guess a little background.. I'm currently an office dweller who spends more than her share of time in a cubicle and meeting rooms. I'm Star Wars, Marvel/Avengers, Doctor Who, Sherlock and Supernatural fan sooo finding a fitness forum made for and run by fellow nerds has been the best!

I've been the typical yo-yo dieter and it has been really frustrating. All of my attempts have included hours at the gym/on the track and low calorie diets. So my new plan is to try a Paleo diet and body weight exercises. I'm really wanting to try parkour and get back into martial arts. I trained in Tae Kwon Do in Jr High and really loved it so I hope to get back into that.

Well, in closing, thank you for letting me join your amazing community and I look forward to getting to know some of you!

Carolyn

Welcome!

I just discovered parkour through NF and am absolutely in awe.  It's something I'm not fit enough for yet but it is definitely on my list of long term goals.

Level 1  Wild Elf Druid
Introduction, Battle Log

Challenge #1,  Challenge #2,  

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." ~ Joss Whedon

"Only those who risk going too far, find out how far they can go." ~ Walter Bishop

Woot! I feel more and more at home the more posts I read!

I'm a newbie too and just joined the current challenge (better late than never, right?) so, glad to have a fellow newbie with goals on track! I'm rooting for ya!

Ditto! I was nervous posting my intro a few minutes ago here, but after reading a few posts, this OP's just sealed the deal of me feeling at home already.  I'm looking to get back into some old high school training (dance) too... and want to try out parkour when I get strong enough.  I've been yo-yo dieting/working out for a few years now and after reading Nerd Fitness am ready to take the plunge into real strength training.  Also... Star Wars, Marvel/Avengers, Doctor Who, Sherlock and Supernatural are some of my favorite things!  So excited to find fellow nerds looking to get healthy and strong.