Forums are back in action! ×

Nerdy Story Co-op **sign ups for round 1 closed**

:)

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

I looked at that like 12 times trying to figure out other than capitalization how mine and yours and the writers were different....

and then I just smiled :D 

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

I will post in the next couple days. I have some good material to work with here, and I want to bring the same level of awesome to this story.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

(OOOH YOU GUYS!  <3 <3 <3

I has such a raging heart on right now for all of you.  This is great.)

Crystal Gem Druid || Stat-free Level-free Goodness

"I won't run away anymore... I won't go back on my word... that is my ninja way!" Uzumaki Naruto

"You're pro or you're a noob. It's so easy, that's life."  Athene, Best Paladin in the World

"Do what the fuck you want to." Panic Station, Muse

This is a little wordy, but I don't know how to write any other way.  I stopped myself to let others have a go at it.  

Seeing no other choice, Noodle took a hesitant step toward the cliffs.  “Why is Steve doing this to me?†Noodle mused. “It’s not like I can change who I am. What a jerk.  Now I am in the middle of nowhere with not a thread on me.  And no soup!  Jerky McJerkface.â€

Seeing Noodle start walking away, Epik glanced to the sky and muttered, “I hope you know what you’re doing, Ripp.  This cannot end well.† The sky was silent.

Having walked what felt like the width of his homeland, Noodle stopped to rest in the shade of a large rock.  He was drenched in sweat and close to tears.  He noticed a strange growth on the shaded side of the rock that smelled of something that he just couldn't place.  Something he hadn't had in a long time.  He felt a great hunger in his mighty belly and seeing no other options; he broke a piece off and took a bite.  It was crisp and pleasant, but it was too bland for Noodle’s uncultured palate.  He longed for something sweet. 

As Noodle sat there munching on his “food†a dark shape came into his view.  It was like a shadow moving his way.  Noodle knew he would never outrun anything smaller than a stationary boulder, he waited.  As the figure came closer, Noodle noticed it was just a man dressed in dark clothes.  “Why would anyone be wearing a black cloak out in the desert,†Noodle wondered.  He looked vaguely familiar.

The man stopped a few feet short of Noodle and when he spoke, his voice was soft and soothing.  Almost hypnotic.  Almost.  “Greetings, Noodle, cousin of Steve the Strong.  I bring you happy tidings, you don’t have to eat like this anymoreâ€.

Noodle was not a smart man, but he was a cautious one.  He looked the stranger up and down, not able to place where he knew this man from.  “Who are you and what do you want from me?† The question came out a little shakier than Noodle would have liked.

“Ah, you don’t recognize your old friend, then?  I am Piger, and I can get you what you want.  Follow my path, and all will be right againâ€.  Piger pointed the opposite way Noodle was heading.

Sensing something was wrong with this man, Noodle hesitated.  “I need to get to that cliff.  Can you take me there instead?†

Piger sneered at Noodle.  “Why would you want to go there?  It’s a long way off and who knows how hard it will be to get there.  I have somewhere much closer and with all the snacks you could ever want.† A wicked smile came across Piger’s lips as he saw Noodle thoughtfully considering his offer.

Piger is a Latin word.  Look it up for clarity.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

ooooooooo

Spoiler

Conflict, go!

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Give me some time to write my piece, I've gotta make this good enough to match you guys!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

o.o  I like where this story is going!  Lol!

xD  And I could picture what I'd write here if it was my turn!

Since piger means laziness, I'd write that Noodle decided to give in to Piger.  Once he's at Piger's place, eating all kinds of sweets and junk food, Piger suddenly attacks him and tries to eat him whole as Noodle is metaphorically becoming consumed by laziness.  And then Noodle gets saved by Ripp or Epik and he'll start seeing the error of his ways!  Or maybe not quite yet...

xD  That's how I'd write it!  I don't wanna ruin it!  I'm sure Red has something much better!

^^  I'm excited to see your part, Red!

<p>Gwenhwyfar, level 0 Wild elf adventurerSTR 0|DEX 0|STA 0|CON 0|WIS 0|CHA 0

"Well..." Noodle muttered to himself, "What could possibly be wrong with easier?"

Piger overhearing said, "Yes! Precisely! Why take the long way around, you'll wind up all bruised, and cut up, and no one likes that. It's ugly, you'll smell, and it's far too much effort! Blech!"

"However!" interrupted Epik, using a voice that's firm, "though hardships and effort, you'll be a stronger man, stronger than you've ever been before." Noodle looking at Epik, thought to himself, 'Stronger than I've ever been before? That sounds... cool...'

Piger hissed, "Are you kidding me?! We all saw Troy, The Hulk, Avengers, Expendables, one and two! There's no way You can ever look like that! You're better off sticking to what you know: Soup and TV! It's safe, easy, and it's what you've done all these years, why change a good thing?"

Epik rebutted, "Soup and TV is what placed you in this situation in the first place! How often have you looked at yourself and wanted to be better? to feel better? To not have to gasp for air just after taking the stairs? Now you have an opportunity to change all that! Think about it!"

Noodle stood there between the two, confused as to what to do next: Follow the Piger with his promises of ease and comfort, or Heed the call of Epik, who has caused him to face the reality of his situation. "I... I... I don't know!" he cried.

A smile stretches across Piger's face, 'Even if he's standing still, he's not moving forward.' "It is quite the dilemma, Noodle, cousin of Steve the Strong, Do you go for it, thinking there's a chance you will make a complete fool of yourself? Or you can just stay right here, and not take that risk. The choice is yours, my friend."

"The choice is... mine?" Noodle whispered. he sat there, pondering over those words, Epik saw this as a chance to really push Noodle, "Imagine it! The chance to be someone great! To prove to everyone that you can beat the odds! That you CAN do it! Imagine that feeling you'll get when you achieve those goals! You, Noodle, can do it."

Noodle felt something stir within him. Epik's words stuck more than Piger's, and Noodle's attention slowly turned towards the cliffs, much to the dismay of Piger, Noodle knows that it's going to be a difficult journey, but he somehow feels... like he can do it, like he can actually do it. 

Epik and Piger look at each other with the same thought, 'This isn't over.'

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

Noodle! You can do it! you got this noodle!

(sent by the phone. .. all mistakes are the phones fault)

Spoiler

Well done, Red.  Can't wait to see how this ends.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

I'll try to have my bit posted by Saturday, you guys rock! This is so hilarious.  I hope Steve finds this..

"I won't run away anymore... I won't go back on my word... that is my ninja way!" Uzumaki Naruto

"You're pro or you're a noob. It's so easy, that's life."  Athene, Best Paladin in the World

we should send him a copy when its done

Spoiler

I went to like your post and realized I was on a different forum..doh!

I do that too

(sent by the phone. .. all mistakes are the phones fault)

Spoiler

We should definitely send this to Steve, to see what he thinks of this.

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Sorry I haven't posted yet everyone.  I will get it up for sure tomorrow (sunday).  

Piger quickly turned and was gone, faster than Noodle could open a bucket-o-nudeln.  Epik gruffly nodded in the direction of the mighty cliffs and set off without a backwards glance for poor Noodle, who stood bewildered in the shade of the rock for a few moments before timidly going forth in Epik's tracks.  

"W-wait for me! Don't leave me here alone!" he managed to shout as he walked across the hot desert sand, but Epik did not turn back nor break his stride.  Noodle knew if he was to catch the spirit wolf he would have to increase his effort, and so he began jogging for the first time in his life.  The sands were hot and seemed to pull at his feet as he plodded along, still affected by the nudus dudis curse and dripping with sweat.  Tiny rocks nipped at his feet.  He was embarrassed, even in the absence of spectators, to be running naked across the desert.  Finally, he panted up next to Epik.  "Take...me...take me to...the Crucible of Testicular Fortitude.  I will not live under this curse forever.  People are going to laugh at me.  What if they start calling me 'Acorn' again?"

Epik finally stopped, his form rapidly taking on a humanoid aspect.  Within seconds, he was a mirror image of Noodle.  "What do you see when you look at me?" the spirit of courage beckoned.  

"I see me."  Noodle was confused, but the wolf spirit was unsatisfied with the obvious answer.

"Look harder," Epik encouraged.  

Noodle examined the mirror image again, this time taking pause to weigh and measure every inch of his likeness.  "You don't look like me.  My gut is bigger.  I have a double chin.  What, is this supposed to encourage me?" He slumped down in the sands, uninspired.

Epik sat down beside the discouraged boy.  "I am your mirror image.  As I am now, you are.  You summoned courage, even if just 20 seconds worth, to take up a jog across the hot sands.  As you were before, you would never do such a thing.  Your courage has transformed you.  I will lead you to the Crucible."

And so they set off in earnest towards the cliffs where the renowned fortress was located.

dun dun duuuuuunnnnnnnn

Spoiler