Forums are back in action! ×

Day 27 w/out alcohol

I'm on day 27 of 30 without alcohol. I'll admit stopping was a combination of not wanting the calories and starting to get a wee bit nervous about how many nights I was having a drink or few....  I've been perfect up to now but have a work dinner tomorrow night.  Generally wine flows pretty freely at these things and I've never not drank my share. I know it is going to be a challenge to not want to imbibe and I'm also going to feel a bit self conscious about not.   

I have strategies in mind and guess I'm mainly just venting I'm worried about it and hoping for some more support.

Good Luck!

I've found the excuse "I'm detoxing after last night" seems works in all situations.

Particularly with people who were with you last night an know you weren't drinking then either!

Seriously though. I don't even like alcohol that much but I've never been able to give it up entirely in social settings. I truly admire the willpower of people who can. Wish you nothing but luck!

iv been 2 months with out alcohol even though i was only having a drink here and there ( like once a fortnight) and i don't miss it.

just tell them your training for something and you have to get up early or you have a big day tomorrow. they should only talk about it for less than 5 minutes then move on to something else. iv been there many of times before.

Check out my food recipe blog at www.manmeetsthermo.com

I think it's none of their business why your not drinking.  If they keep pestering you, tell them you're recovering and see how quickly they change their tune.  Messing with people is sort of a hobby of mine...

In any case, good job on giving it up.  I know it's not easy to do.  Stay strong

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge