Forums are back in action! ×

What are your favorite parts of your body?

My legs. 

I've got quite big and strong calves. I don't really know how considering I've never done much work on them but I've been told it's probably because of when I used to be over weight. It makes sense, constantly walking and moving at a weight of 130 kg (286 Ibs) wasn't fun, so I can imagine it must be causing a bit of stress on the muscles as well as the joints, unfortunately. Regardless, walking around and carrying that weight must have strengthened my legs to a degree. 

This annoyed me, one time someone at the gym tried to give me shit by laughing, "His calves are bigger than his arms!" Isn't that how they're supposed to be? Or do I just have a weird body? 

The first time I ever did calf raises, I was able to do a substantial amount of weight and a decent amount of reps. Standing calf raises with the machine, I can do 150 kg (330 Ibs) at twelve reps. Seated calf raises, I can do 140 kg (308 Ibs) with ten to twelve reps, and I rarely ever "work" on calves. 

My quads and hamstrings are quite large and solid too, unfortunately not as strong as I'd like them to be, my maximum squat is 140 kg - 308 Ibs, where as I know guys who can do nearly double that. 

If the rest of my body was as solid as my legs, I would be a very happy person. :)

• Like 2

My legs. 

I've got quite big and strong calves. I don't really know how considering I've never done much work on them but I've been told it's probably because of when I used to be over weight. It makes sense, constantly walking and moving at a weight of 130 kg (286 Ibs) wasn't fun, so I can imagine it must be causing a bit of stress on the muscles as well as the joints, unfortunately. Regardless, walking around and carrying that weight must have strengthened my legs to a degree. 

This annoyed me, one time someone at the gym tried to give me shit by laughing, "His calves are bigger than his arms!" Isn't that how they're supposed to be? Or do I just have a weird body? 

The first time I ever did calf raises, I was able to do a substantial amount of weight and a decent amount of reps. Standing calf raises with the machine, I can do 150 kg (330 Ibs) at twelve reps. Seated calf raises, I can do 140 kg (308 Ibs) with ten to twelve reps, and I rarely ever "work" on calves. 

My quads and hamstrings are quite large and solid too, unfortunately not as strong as I'd like them to be, my maximum squat is 140 kg - 308 Ibs, where as I know guys who can do nearly double that. 

If the rest of my body was as solid as my legs, I would be a very happy person. :)

I'd say it depends. I've always been a runner, my calves are bigger than my arms. I'd imagine if you're a curlbro, then you're arms would be bigger than your legs... :-)

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

I'd say it depends. I've always been a runner, my calves are bigger than my arms. I'd imagine if you're a curlbro, then you're arms would be bigger than your legs... :-)

Agreed, I've always been a... Woman... And therefore my legs have always been stronger and bigger than my arms :-P

I'm starting to be happy with my back, shoulders, and waist... I feel like things are starting to show shapes that are more flattering than they used to be... :-D

anutyjyz.jpg

Of course, had my hair down... But you can get the general idea :)

• Like 3

Level 6.5 Female Druid/Celtic Goddess
(Str. - 14) (Dex. - 10) (Sta. - 11) (Con. - 10) (Wis. - 11) (Char. - 13)

My Most Recent Challenge!

Spoiler

Awake every morning and do your best to follow this daily To-Do List:

1. Think Positively 2. Eat Healthy 3. Exercise Today. 4. Worry Less. 5. Work Hard. 6. Laugh Often. 7. Sleep Well.

Then? Repeat...

"Promise me you will always remember: You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Agreed, I've always been a... Woman... And therefore my legs have always been stronger and bigger than my arms :-P

I'm starting to be happy with my back, shoulders, and waist... I feel like things are starting to show shapes that are more flattering than they used to be... :-Danutyjyz.jpg

Hate to see you go... but love to watch you walk away... ;-)

• Like 4

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

I'm starting to be happy with my back, shoulders, and waist... I feel like things are starting to show shapes that are more flattering than they used to be... :-D

Rocking that hourglass figure Mags! Verrrrrry nice! ;)

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Rocking that hourglass figure Mags! Verrrrrry nice! ;)

Awww you're making me blush....

Spoiler

1. Think Positively 2. Eat Healthy 3. Exercise Today. 4. Worry Less. 5. Work Hard. 6. Laugh Often. 7. Sleep Well.

Then? Repeat...

"Promise me you will always remember: You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

anutyjyz.jpg

65549-tex-avery-wolf_zps63f22d99.gif

• Like 2

Tick, Tick, Tick, BOOM!!!

Overall I don't think I'm too shabby :)

I love my eyes, my hairs ability to take on hair dye, I'm plus size but I have a nice shape, all in proportion.

It's taken a while to get to this opinion but I'm glad I did :)

You stop yourself doing so much stuff when you don't think you are pretty enough/slim enough etc. Don't hold back, get on it guys!

• Like 3

Roller girl, weight lifter, cat lover.
"Wear panties on your head & hit your friends!"

Level One Warrior
+1 WIS +3 STR +2 STA +1 DEX +2 CON +1 CHA 

Challenge Time!

Current; 27/5 Laps

anutyjyz.jpg

628175.gif

• Like 3

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

M8XosM1.jpgFeeling pretty good about my new pin-up vibe :D

• Like 3

Pirate Kender Druid, Level 3

1.5 STR | 1 DEX | 1 STA | 7 CON | 3 WIS | 3 CHA

Specializes in flexibility, determination, promoting peace and giggling

Spoiler

"And though she be but little, she is fierce." -Shakespeare

"She loved life and life loved her back."

"It does not take a majority to prevail, only an irate, tireless minority keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men."

-Samuel Adams

"Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in." -Ricky Fitts, American Beauty

"I owe to God the gifts given me, to God alone. Without Him I am nothing." -Sergei Rachmaninoff

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. -Matthew 5:9

M8XosM1.jpgFeeling pretty good about my new pin-up vibe :D

Enjoying your pin-up vibe as well.  ;)

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

I had forgot about this thread....

This past week or so, I noticed that both my hip flexors and upper quads seem to be getting more solid, I can't tell if they're getting bigger since I don't measure, but they're not as flabby as they used to be.... my arms also seem to be a little bigger than they used to be.

I really need to take a tape measure to things...

• Like 1

My first challenge

7 months? Couldn't have been THAT long?

Sent from Tapatalk, all errors are the app's fault! ;-)

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Since I can never catch photographic evidence of my biceps for the gunz tgread, I'll throw this up here. A couple of weeks ago I was sitting on my bench writing notes. I happened to glance down and see, shazam, I actually have visible muscle on my calves now. When I showed my husband he said "Yeah, you've had that for awhile." That was news to me :)

2015-03-07_16.38.05_zps3aun46sy.jpg

• Like 7

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

I've always been pretty proud of my overall "shape." I have a nice hourglass figure, and no matter how much weight I lose or gain, the shape stays pretty much the same. I also think that if I keep up the work I've been putting in, I could be one of those people with visible abs because my stomach is one of the last places I gain weight and one of the first places to lose it. Which is sweet.

And then my eyes are probably my favorite. They're a really neat shade of grayish blue. My whole family has blue eyes, except my dad who has green. My mom, brother, and sister all have dark blue eyes, and I got a good mix of my mom's and dad's, resulting in a sweet light blue-gray color. 

• Like 2

I could be one of those people with visible abs because my stomach is one of the last places I gain weight and one of the first places to lose it. Which is sweet.

We hate you. Leave now. :angry:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously