Forums are back in action! ×

Honestly, I just want to look in the mirror and think...

..."Hmm, I look quite good today"

That's all... I'm not wanting to be ridiculously skinny, I don't expect to look like a model after a month of dieting, and I don't think I'd be able to run 5k after a few training sessions.  Not to say I haven't wanted these things before but I'm much more realistic in my old age (29 years to be exact).

Yes I do want to lose some weight, because I feel far too jiggly and at 5'5" and 11st 1lb (or 155lbs) I know I'm overweight.  Yes I want to up my exercise, as I couldn't possibly do any less - being a student and working part time in a local museum means I sit around a LOT, and any free time I have is spent making flimsy excuses as to why I shouldn't be exercising.

But I want to make changes!  And I want to be accountable!!  Which is why Nerd Fitness has appealed to me... I like the idea of taking control, but being surrounded by fellow nerds who just want to be healthy, happy and LEVEL UP their lives!  What a truly great concept, I can't lie, this was a big draw for me - talk about making dieting fun!

So, I'll be eating as Paleo as possible (catchy title there), and upping my exercise using Zombies 5k (trying again!) and maybe even treating myself to a gym membership.  Can't wait to join the next challenge too.

Good luck fellow Rebels!

xXx

Hey English_Muffin, welcome to the forums! Glad you're hopping on board! Losing weight to be able to feel that you look good is a great motivation, it was mine to begin with and that has finally happened about a few weeks ago while I was taking progress pictures :)

If you want help and tips and just someone to help you along the way shoot me a PM ^^

It's not 80% diet, 20% exercise, it's 100% diet, 100% exercise. Give it your all.

My journey (Date - Total - BF % - LBM)

2012-01-01 - 242 - 35% - 157

2013-12-15 - 172 - 10% - 155

2016-05-01 - 231 - 25% - 173

Like duality said i second it and say hail and welcome to this merry band of traveling misfits. May all your goals be reached and may we celebrate in the tavern with stories after wards.....hahaha.   Seriously welcome to the boards and good luck anyone on here is willing to help just shoot them a message and ask.

“Happiness consists in getting enough sleep. Just that, nothing more.†  Starship Troopers

“There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.†  Starship Troopers

“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms†  Starship Troopers

Follow and comment for my current challenge at this link:  

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/39940-toms-adventures-in-rangering

And this is my Battle Log

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/38791-early-morning-challange/page-2

Awesome, Muffin! I'm sure you'll reach your goals with ease. I'm sure you'll be a badass runner in no time!

I Look forward to future updates... :-)

p.s. part-time at museums sounds awesome!

IntroductionBodyware: Fitness Journal

Challenge Belt: (1)(2)(3)(4), (5), (6), (7), [WOOT](8), [TEMP HIATUS], (9)

Bodyweight Info: Starting: 264.5lbs, Current: 167.8lbs (NEUTRAL)

IronGlider v2.10, Adventurer Rank: Level 8

Haha cool! Though I never studied it past college, I love history, humanities, archaeology and art. It's definitely something that continues to be a passion of mine in my personal life and love keeping it up via reading and watching documentaries. What sort of content/exhibitions do they have at where you work?

p.s. Also, how do I join a squad? :-p

Me too, I love it! I actually started Uni (studying history) at the ripe old age of 27, and I'll be finished in January! Then I'll try to rejoin the real world and get a job :)

As I understand it, the new squad sign up sheets will be sent out when the new challenge starts on 11th November so there should be a link in the forums then!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds great! Congrats on almost finishing uni, I'm close to finishing too (study product design @ sheffield) so I'm trying to bump my cv by writing research journals and portfolio etc so that I don't have to be a dole-scrounger for too long hopefully :-D

Also, Marconi radio sounds fascinating! Didn't know it was first used there. 

Anyways, have fun! :-)