Forums are back in action! ×

I'm Tess - at 32 years old, two kids, and falling into a sedentary lifestyle, it's time to make a serious change. Long time comic, sci-fi and fantasy fan, this site has crossed my path before. But like I said, now is when I've finally made the decision to get serious about this.

I was skinny - we're talking 92 Lbs (I'm only 5'0", so that's not as bad as it sounds) - even after I had my first son, bounced right back. The second one made it a lot harder to lose the weight. And I did, for the most part. I was back down to about 105, but as a lot of other folks have experienced, as the kids get older and marriage becomes comfortable again, people gain weight. And then you find yourself working in an office where people bring in food and snacks and ply you with Rockstars all day while you sit on your ass - and you gain a little more and exercise less and less because you're caffeinated and care less than you should about it.

My older son started high school this year. He's on the cross country team and one race away from going to State right now. He's totally my hero. He can go out and run 10 miles like it's nothing and has a good workout schedule. Mine, so far, has sucked for the last 7 years at least and that's sad. 

Suddenly I'm weighing in at 160. On a good day. It feels miserable to admit that in writing. I want my husband to be able to be proud to walk into a room with me, and to feel that way about myself again too. So, here I am ready to kick my own ass into shape. 

• Like 2

You don't have to kick your own ass alone, we'll help kick it with you!

That came out weird.

Moving on.

Welcome! and good luck to you in achieving your goals. :) If you ever need support, motivation, advice, or suggestions, you'll find more than you could ever need in these forums.

5'2" here and also was under 100 back in the day. And not waif thin, just well, I'm short, ya know? After one baby it took 2 months of not eating everything with extra cheese and I was down to 105, lookin' fine. But then baby #2! Omfasfthoieofbougrh! I was okay but it took longer and it was a struggle. I got thin again but not stablely (word?). It took a complex move to totally knock me off the wellness wagon. But a reunion on the horizon has me focused.

Let's be friends. 

• Like 1