Forums are back in action! ×

Today was a day of new things.

Well, for the last few months, I've been lifting between 45-50 lbs for deadlifts. Today, I was certain I was going to bump it up to sixty. I did and... it felt just like doing fifty, so I put the sixty pound bar back and grabbed a seventy. Yeah, that felt like I was doing something, and my 5x5 felt like WORK! It was RAD. 

I'd also been doing weighted squats (behind the neck), so on a fellow Rebel's suggestion, I tried goblet squats with a 35 lb dumbbell. I made it through two sets, dropped to 32.5 for two more, then 30 for two more. It's definitely a lot more work holding it in front than letting it rest on my shoulders, so I'm going to be incorporating that in, too.

Other good thing? I looked in the mirror and saw a different person than when I started months ago. =)

• Like 2

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone! Get Ready!

Orange Lounge Radio

"Where Every Gamer Has a Voice!"

- Live Sunday at 6 PM Pacific -

VoGnetwork.com

Fantastic! It's so great to see so many strong ladies around these boards. It really makes me want to try lifting!

• Like 1

Aisha
Half-Giant Warrior, Level 5

STR: 7 || DEX: 6 || STA: 8 || CON: 7.5 || WIS: 12.5 || CHA: 5

Challenges: 5 4 3 2 1

If you have come here to help me, you are wasting your time.

But if you have come because your liberation is bound up with mine,

then let us work together. -Lilla Watson

Sorry I'm a little slow with replies; school has taken over as finals approach!

Thank you all so much for the kind words! I've hit another landmark today: 20 lbs gone, and almost an inch off of each of my major measurements since last month! I also squatted 40 lbs and deadlifted 80 this week! 

You guys are so encouraging! We're a hardcore team!

• Like 1

Orange Lounge Radio

VoGnetwork.com

So today my friend (who is also a trainer) checked my form on my deadlifts and pointed out I was doing straight leg deadlifts. He checked my squat form and said that 40 was too light, and he put me to 95 lbs. So now I'm squatting 95 lbs, straight leg deadlifting 95, and now that I can do a proper deadlift, I should be doing 140 lbs next week. I can also bench 75 now!

Oh my. What have I gotten myself into?! (Just kidding, I love it!)

And thank you all for the kind words! I also just got HIRED! I may be busier, but the gym is still my second home.

• Like 1

Orange Lounge Radio

VoGnetwork.com