Forums are back in action! ×

The Rebellion Is Never Snarky!

Hooray for us. Seriously. I'm reading other forums with some heated discussion topics about dairy, meat, big Agra, etc. and the forums quickly devolve into snarky comments, veiled insults, etc. I have to say, I've never seen that here and it makes me love the site and my fellow Rebels even more.

Not to mention all the correct punctuation going on.

We Rock!!!

• Like 4

----

Don't Chew what you should Eschew!

Yep one of the major reasons that I like this place

I used to belong to another forum where people that it was funny to create troll accounts to rip people apart and then deny they did it. Really if you are that much of an a*hole come out and admit it.

• Like 1

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

Hooray for us. Seriously. I'm reading other forums with some heated discussion topics about dairy, meat, big Agra, etc. and the forums quickly devolve into snarky comments, veiled insults, etc. I have to say, I've never seen that here and it makes me love the site and my fellow Rebels even more.

We Rock!!!

This! It's so nice not to be drowning in a sea of "omg! lol! U so fun-ee"!

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

This place drew me in and has kept me since, largely because of the easiness with which I can ask really stupid questions, and at the very least not get cyber-annihilated.

It's a safe place to learn, but at the same time get a decent, motivating kick in the n#@ts by others who are, in many ways, in the same boat as I am.

There's a strong sense of "I've been there", and even the rebels that are farther along are still great at putting themselves into others' shoes.

Level 6 Lycan Ranger                                                                                                   
STR 16 | DEX 3 | STA 5 | CON 5 | WIS 9 | CHA 2 
Challenge the 6th: Irishrages prepares for the BAMF plane of existence
Irishrages' epic: Chapter 1 2 3 4 5
Preparation * Focus * Discipline

30%
30%

* searches for way to delete post while looking cool... *

Level 6 Lycan Ranger                                                                                                   
STR 16 | DEX 3 | STA 5 | CON 5 | WIS 9 | CHA 2 
Challenge the 6th: Irishrages prepares for the BAMF plane of existence
Irishrages' epic: Chapter 1 2 3 4 5
Preparation * Focus * Discipline

30%
30%

Yeah most of the arguments devolve for a bit and then everyone jumps in and is all like "Hugs!!!!" and then things clear up. 

In the time I have been on the boards (over 3 years now, I'm so old) I have seen only really a dozen or so topics get so out of hand as to cause problems with the community. 

You stay classy nerrds :) 

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

I think we also collect a great deal higher intellect around here as well.

I am exceptionally snarky- I'm first to admit it.... I trolled at least 3 threads on MFP HARD the other day because I was in a cranky mood and the stupid was just intolerable.   Like I just can't sometimes.

but while we get uneducated questions- we tend to not get STUPID questions.  So that makes definitely keeps the snarking at bay. 

it's much nicer and more friendly- more community oriented which is super awesome too. 

Ha! Well, the world is full of stupid intellectuals! I find them the most condescending.

I think it's a general sense of camaraderie, and accountability. The web too easily veils people so they can be assholes w/o consequence. Like people behind the wheel of a car behaving in such inconsiderate ways they wouldn't even consider in say, the line at the bank.

Perhaps it's the sharing of vulnerabilities in this forum in the form of challenges and whatnot that generates mutual respect. And a general feeling that we're just trying to get along. Like, is it really worth it to devolve into petty arguments and snarky comebacks when we have such bigger fish to fry? This is about accomplishment and personal growth and learning from others as opposed to proving what you already know.

I don't know... But I like it! And I like you people, too.

Rock on!

----

Don't Chew what you should Eschew!

Ha! Well, the world is full of stupid intellectuals! I find them the most condescending.

I think it's a general sense of camaraderie, and accountability. The web too easily veils people so they can be assholes w/o consequence. Like people behind the wheel of a car behaving in such inconsiderate ways they wouldn't even consider in say, the line at the bank.

Perhaps it's the sharing of vulnerabilities in this forum in the form of challenges and whatnot that generates mutual respect. And a general feeling that we're just trying to get along. Like, is it really worth it to devolve into petty arguments and snarky comebacks when we have such bigger fish to fry? This is about accomplishment and personal growth and learning from others as opposed to proving what you already know.

I don't know... But I like it! And I like you people, too.

Rock on!

Especially when the big fish are us... But I think you make a good point about sharing vulnerabilities. We're not here to show off and say "LOL, I'm awesome and you all suck!" It's really encouraging to just get people to give you a virtual pat on the back when you achieve a new personal high. So yeah, NF is awesome!

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Agreed. This is such a supportive place. I've found so many awesome resources just clicking around and if I ever have questions, I know someone will be there with answers and/or helpful links. And it's wonderful to have people (like you, samanmoran!) to cheer you through your hard times as well as your successes.

• Like 1

Aisha
Half-Giant Warrior, Level 5

STR: 7 || DEX: 6 || STA: 8 || CON: 7.5 || WIS: 12.5 || CHA: 5

Challenges: 5 4 3 2 1

If you have come here to help me, you are wasting your time.

But if you have come because your liberation is bound up with mine,

then let us work together. -Lilla Watson

This place drew me in and has kept me since, largely because of the easiness with which I can ask really stupid questions, and at the very least not get cyber-annihilated.

It's a safe place to learn, but at the same time get a decent, motivating kick in the n#@ts by others who are, in many ways, in the same boat as I am.

There's a strong sense of "I've been there", and even the rebels that are farther along are still great at putting themselves into others' shoes.

totally in the same boat here.

when I got into fitness and cooking for the first time a little over a year ago, I was asking questions like, "what's the difference between baking and basting and broiling and boiling", and no one ever called me an idiot or anything of that nature.  rather, they would answer my questions very nicely and provide additional information and sources.

I freaking love this place.

there is never a sudden revelation, a complete and tidy explanation for why it happened, or why it ends, or Why or Who you are. you want one and I want one, but there isn't one. it comes in bits and pieces, and you stitch them together wherever they fit, and when you are done you hold yourself up, and still there are holes and you are a rag doll, invented, imperfect. and yet you are all that you have, so you must be Enough. there is no other way.

Marya Hornbacher, Wasted: A Memoir of Anorexia and Bulimia

theres also the fact that you get a good telling off if you're a acting like a dick.... (i'd rather not but in the bad books of the likes of spezzy and gainsdalf)

What?? I get no mention???

:(

Sent from a phonical device. Please excuse the shortness

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

We Rock!!!

Couldn't agree more! This is the one and only forum I joined for that reason. Health and Fitness is becoming one of those topics (Politics, sex, religion) that people get really defensive and argumentative about now a days.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

i disagree with your numbers... i'd rather not talk about it :tongue: besides, from what i've seen those 2 are scarier

image.w174h200f3.jpg

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

theres also the fact that you get a good telling off if you're a acting like a dick.... (i'd rather not but in the bad books of the likes of spezzy and gainsdalf)

My banhammer is heavy and hangs precariously, always ready to fall.

What?? I get no mention???

:(

Sent from a phonical device. Please excuse the shortness

How I imagine bigm telling someone off->   Excuse me sir but I disagree with your commentary on the above subject, please refrain from using such language and that tone .

image.w174h200f3.jpg

Exactly, you're too tiny to be intimidating.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I've only been here a couple of weeks, but the positive, supportive attitude has been awesome! I've got message board PTSD, so I wasn't sure this was something I wanted to get involved in. After looking around, I'm feeling pretty comfortable. Thanks, everyone!

• Like 1

Race: Half Elf/Human. Class: Wildling Ranger. Level: 3 STR: 6 DEX: 2 STA: 7 CON: 5 WIS: 3 CHA: 0 

First Campaign Second Campaign

Daily Campaign Battle Log

MY FITNESS PAL LOG

YO!

the rebellion is my favorite place to be!

• Like 1

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move