Forums are back in action! ×

Day 1!!! : )

You know you have a problem when the necklace your sister gave you more than 10 years ago no longer fits without you feeling like you're being choked, and when your "fat jeans" are uncomfortably snug and you fear every day that this will be the day they won't zip (especially fearful since they are the only ones you own, thanks to a recent 25 pound gain after an 18 pound loss).

So - I decided last night that I had to do something about it. Really do something about it. Not just think about doing something about it and doing nothing but think about it for a month. So I set my alarm, woke up early (though I admit, I did hit snooze once), and did the "rookie" workout A from the fitness guide book. It was tough and I was tired (and still am), but I did it. And I lived to tell the tale. : P

I decided to start with the whole baby steps idea... Every other time before, I would go all gung ho into something and then get burnt out in a few months. So I'm starting small - morning workouts and making breakfast (healthy breakfast) every day.

Day 1 isn't over yet, but I'm confident in what I've started here. : )